They're talking about us

Yet again I’m a twat for seeing what one of the football podcasts had to say about us. Tried Totally Football because they have a running order so I could skip straight to our bit. Got 30 patronising seconds of how it was nice to see us win it because the big clubs don’t care about the CS and then they starting banging on about how ‘City’ have loads of injuries and how ‘City’ might have a slow start and how ‘City’ are playing Spurs soon.

Load of absolute bollocks.
Aren’t you on honeymoon?

Yet again I’m a twat for seeing what one of the football podcasts had to say about us. Tried Totally Football because they have a running order so I could skip straight to our bit. Got 30 patronising seconds of how it was nice to see us win it because the big clubs don’t care about the CS and then they starting banging on about how ‘City’ have loads of injuries and how ‘City’ might have a slow start and how ‘City’ are playing Spurs soon.

Load of absolute bollocks.

Yeah, this default of their only being one 'City' from all the media is really winding me up to the extent that I can't really engage with any football media anymore.

Just listen to the ITV commentary on Saturday for example. Matterface and Dixon just repeatedly referred to City in a game between two Cities. Clueless wankers.

There are four domestic trophies and 'City' possess all of them.

Yeah, this default of their only being one 'City' from all the media is really winding me up to the extent that I can't really engage with any football media anymore.

Just listen to the ITV commentary on Saturday for example. Matterface and Dixon just repeatedly referred to City in a game between two Cities. Clueless wankers.

I thought the same in the first 15 mins of the studio segment - I hope someone (BR) calls it out in one of the press conferences, should it come up (cue an Ian Stringer question before the Sept 11th match).

Maybe if they used “city” and “citeh” it might be a bit better.

Sat next to two Man City fans eating before they game. Asked them who they supported and they said 'City' and i said 'which one'? It didn't go down particularly well but i think they got my drift....

This is for the 'They're NOT Talking About Us' thread. And I'm happy with that. Cheers Jermaine tho.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58141017

Why do people think that Chelsea are going to be anything special? I think it's inevitable that the manager is gone before the end of the season after falling out with half the players.

And Man Utd will slump after overachieving last season.

Liverpool could go either way and I see them as the main threat to Man City.

Why do people think that Chelsea are going to be anything special? I think it's inevitable that the manager is gone before the end of the season after falling out with half the players.

And Man Utd will slump after overachieving last season.

Liverpool could go either way and I see them as the main threat to Man City.
One of Chelsea's main problems last season was a reliable goal scorer, which they're going to tackle by signing Lukaku. One of Man Utd's main problems last year was who to pair up with Maguire at the back, which they're going to tackle by signing Varane.

That doesn't mean that they'll be great, or that either team has solved all of their problems (Man Utd midfield still looks like an issue), but I suspect people think they will be better than last season.

This is for the 'They're NOT Talking About Us' thread. And I'm happy with that. Cheers Jermaine tho.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58141017

Danny Murphy supposedly talking about us in the Leicester section.....

Danny Murphy: If anyone might surprise a few people it's Arsenal - they are not in Europe, and they have got some fantastic forward players. People forget that last season was the first in Aubameyang's career where he didn't score a bagful of goals, and nothing suggests to me that is going to continue. They have a tough start but their young players are going to keep getting better.

Danny Murphy supposedly talking about us in the Leicester section.....

Danny Murphy: If anyone might surprise a few people it's Arsenal - they are not in Europe, and they have got some fantastic forward players. People forget that last season was the first in Aubameyang's career where he didn't score a bagful of goals, and nothing suggests to me that is going to continue. They have a tough start but their young players are going to keep getting better.
He did well, nothing negative there.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669
9Coventry City4664