They're talking about us

You don't think it's hilarious that someone would actually think they had a chance of getting their old job back after calling their boss a **** on the way out?

Admittedly it's more a headshaking sort of hilarious rather than the laugh out loud sort, but still.
I once called my boss a **** and walked out. He rang me while I was on my way home and said “see you in the morning then?” Took me ages to leave that job.

Chavvy twat is a chavvy twat regardless.

Bloke at the end of the street i used to live on won one of the minor lottery games a few years ago.

£120,000

Would set most people up for life. He quit his job at a warehouse & for good measure on the way out told the foreman he was a **** & he could go **** himself.

Stayed in his council flat, bought a load of stupid shit ( including 4 grand's worth of designer trainers & one of those tellys the size of Wales )

Less than 18 months later the bailiffs were loading it all into a van. Not a pot to piss in.

Hilariously, a bloke he used to work with told me he'd actually gone back to the warehouse as they were recruiting & applied for his old job. Obviously they laughed him out of the building.

Reality is a distant land to these people.

£120k set you up “for life”? Where are you living? That barely even buys half a house.

Depends on the definition I suppose though. It’s a bloody good start.

Only right since we're the holders.

Same logic, next season we should host the Europa Conference final.

Central location, fairly modern facilities and even club Wembley holders can't be bothered with it, let alone fans of the 'top 4' so kind of makes sense.
I would have thought Villa park would have made more sense. Assume there must be some reason why they haven't gone for that - I would have thought they could fill 20,000 seats for each team reasonably easily.

Before I send this on to Liverpool supporters proving there is no VAR conspiracy against them, can anyone work out how the overall net figure (-6 for us) is calculated? It’s not just the net goals (-5), but I also can’t see which combination add up to the net impact

Leicester -6​

Overturns: 10
Leading to goals for: 0
Disallowed goals for: 2
Leading to goals against: 5
Disallowed goals against: 2
Net goal score: -5
Subjective decisions for: 1
Subjective decisions against: 5
Net subjective score: -4
Penalties for / against: 0 / 3
Red cards for / against: 1 / 0

I would have thought Villa park would have made more sense. Assume there must be some reason why they haven't gone for that - I would have thought they could fill 20,000 seats for each team reasonably easily.
It's why i added fairly modern facilities to ours as Villa Park is the most obvious but it must be a very dated stadium now and the area around the ground is horrible

jb5000 makes a good point about us being holders too so there could be something in that with the previous holders hosting it although i imagine this is a one off.

Before I send this on to Liverpool supporters proving there is no VAR conspiracy against them, can anyone work out how the overall net figure (-6 for us) is calculated? It’s not just the net goals (-5), but I also can’t see which combination add up to the net impact

Leicester -6​

-5 for the net goals, and -1 for the red card?

Leicester -6​

It must be the xVAR causing the difference?

-5 for the net goals, and -1 for the red card?
Nope

Southampton +3​

Overturns: 9
Leading to goals for: 2
Disallowed goals for: 0
Leading to goals against: 1
Disallowed goals against: 4
Net goal score: +5
Subjective decisions for: 3
Subjective decisions against: 3
Net subjective score: 0
Penalties for / against: 2 / 1

It's why i added fairly modern facilities to ours as Villa Park is the most obvious but it must be a very dated stadium now and the area around the ground is horrible

jb5000 makes a good point about us being holders too so there could be something in that with the previous holders hosting it although i imagine this is a one off.

I end up going reasonably often given that I have a few mates who have STs and sometimes someone I nick a ticket.

Of the 4 stands, I would say they rank like this:

Trinity - Much better than the King Power. Lots more space, really nice concourse, proper craft beer and local food vendors serving quality food.
Holte End - Slightly better than the KP
North Stand - Old & dated. Worse than KP.
Doug Ellis - Dangerous. The concourse in the upper section is far too small for the number of fans. Much worse than KP.

As for the area around it, yeah it's shit, but so is the area around most football grounds.

I end up going reasonably often given that I have a few mates who have STs and sometimes someone I nick a ticket.

Of the 4 stands, I would say they rank like this:

Trinity - Much better than the King Power. Lots more space, really nice concourse, proper craft beer and local food vendors serving quality food.
Holte End - Slightly better than the KP
North Stand - Old & dated. Worse than KP.
Doug Ellis - Dangerous. The concourse in the upper section is far too small for the number of fans. Much worse than KP.

As for the area around it, yeah it's shit, but so is the area around most football grounds.

Is the North stand where they used to put away fans behind the goal? Was only slightly less dated than Goodison if memory serves...

£120k set you up “for life”? Where are you living? That barely even buys half a house.

Depends on the definition I suppose though. It’s a bloody good start.
I can only speak personally. It'd set me up nicely.

I've never fallen for the debt slavery con that is property ownership. It was a great idea in it's early stages & the returns were fantastic. But that's the essence of a good con, if it looks like a con from the start nobody will play.
Get in from 1985ish to the end of the 90s & you've scored big. Since the turn of the century not so much. Today you're utterly ****ed if you're starting out.

I had a friend who got repossessed 12 years into a 25 year mortgage. Which co-incided nicely with him being in negative equity. He sat there crying into his beer about it.

This same guy had spent the majority of the 12 years repeating the tiresome mantra of "dead money" when calling me out for renting. Literally at every opportunity. When no opportunity existed he'd create one. He ****ing loved it. It was almost a hobby.

So I told him that night that he shouldn't worry. He'd be fine...

...after all, if all my rent was dead money, that must mean that by definition his money wasn't. So clearly they'll just give him his 12 years worth of payments back all tied up with a pretty pink ribbon with a note saying "no worries mate, I'm not dead, I'm just resting"

Clearly I'm a massive ****. I don't deny it. I relished that conversation far too much. But the twat asked for it.

Equally clearly we're not friends anymore.

But I live with that remarkably easily (in my well maintained council flat with a brand new boiler & a nice garden in a quiet cul-de-sac for less than £300 a month)

£120K ? I'd be ****ing minted.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363
9Middlesbro4463