They're talking about us

Disagree on both points, especially the 1st.

The atmosphere has died on its arse because 'long term supporters' are stale, bored and difficult to engage these days.

Also, you don't own that seat, it ismt yours, you pay to watch x amount of matches per season for a set price.

Only the English have this weird ownership attitude around 'their seats'

I booked my usual St seats yesterday afternoon, I'm sure loads of others did as well,
I quite often have this conversation with my dad. We’ve had the same seats since the ground was built and the same faces around us for at least the last 10 years. None of them want to make a peep and win lose or draw you can stretch out across a few seats by the 85th minute because they’re mostly gone by then. I genuinely don’t know how some of them make it up and down the stairs.

He moans about it and hates that the concourse in the Kop is largely a shambles. Impossible to buy a drink or go for a piss in under 15 minutes. Not to mention that he thinks most of the people in there are plebs but he’s a loud and proud Telegraph reading Tory.

I suggested that we move to the West Stand. We could splash out and watch the game in a bit more comfort if that’s what will make him happy. Absolutely not.

I suggested we think about moving to the North stand in future because I’ve got a little’un on the way this summer. Absolutely not.

We’ve sat lower down in the Kop for some Europa games after I convinced him to give it a go. He loved it, the sound was great, particularly at the Rennes game when there was the singing section. He still won’t consider giving up HIS seat though.

I get that if you’ve got a ST in this day and age it probably means that you’ve sat through a lot of shit in the past. I’d be a bit miffed if I was expecting my usual seat and was told I couldn’t have it but ultimately it’s in the name of trying to do something that will create a more enjoyable experience and maybe better stuff on the pitch. The club has to try and help the atmosphere in some way. It’s lame that it takes an organised singing section but that’s just the way it is. Maybe in time it will grow into something more organic.

The club can start by not pumping shit music into the ground whenever a ball isn’t being kicked.

Disagree on both points, especially the 1st.

The atmosphere has died on its arse because 'long term supporters' are stale, bored and difficult to engage these days.

Also, you don't own that seat, it ismt yours, you pay to watch x amount of matches per season for a set price.

Only the English have this weird ownership attitude around 'their seats'

I booked my usual St seats yesterday afternoon, I'm sure loads of others did as well,
A group of lads singing stale old songs and rip offs of other teams chants isn't going to improve the atmosphere at the KP, the UFS lot have been going at it for years and have little impact.

I may not own the seat but my matchday experience is made by being around a regular group of people I know, as it is with most fans (I've been to matches around the world and most supporters have regular groups they associate with), the main reason we have a weird attitude about seat ownership is because the authorities have forced us into fixed seating where we aren't supposed to have freedom to congregate with our friends.

I quite often have this conversation with my dad. We’ve had the same seats since the ground was built and the same faces around us for at least the last 10 years. None of them want to make a peep and win lose or draw you can stretch out across a few seats by the 85th minute because they’re mostly gone by then. I genuinely don’t know how some of them make it up and down the stairs.

He moans about it and hates that the concourse in the Kop is largely a shambles. Impossible to buy a drink or go for a piss in under 15 minutes. Not to mention that he thinks most of the people in there are plebs but he’s a loud and proud Telegraph reading Tory.

I suggested that we move to the West Stand. We could splash out and watch the game in a bit more comfort if that’s what will make him happy. Absolutely not.

I suggested we think about moving to the North stand in future because I’ve got a little’un on the way this summer. Absolutely not.

We’ve sat lower down in the Kop for some Europa games after I convinced him to give it a go. He loved it, the sound was great, particularly at the Rennes game when there was the singing section. He still won’t consider giving up HIS seat though.

I get that if you’ve got a ST in this day and age it probably means that you’ve sat through a lot of shit in the past. I’d be a bit miffed if I was expecting my usual seat and was told I couldn’t have it but ultimately it’s in the name of trying to do something that will create a more enjoyable experience and maybe better stuff on the pitch. The club has to try and help the atmosphere in some way. It’s lame that it takes an organised singing section but that’s just the way it is. Maybe in time it will grow into something more organic.

The club can start by not pumping shit music into the ground whenever a ball isn’t being kicked.
Spot on

I've moved around the ground several times, when we first moved to the KP we had seats at the top of L1 with most of our mates from Pen 1 at Filbert Street but after a few years we moved to the middle of L1, after that we started taking our niece to games so moved to the front row of SK1 and from there we moved to our current seats midway up SK1. Making a move is always a risk because you may not like the atmosphere where you move to any more than the one you move from. If the club does complete the expansion (I'm still sceptical) we will probably move again.

A group of lads singing stale old songs and rip offs of other teams chants isn't going to improve the atmosphere at the KP, the UFS lot have been going at it for years and have little impact.

I may not own the seat but my matchday experience is made by being around a regular group of people I know, as it is with most fans (I've been to matches around the world and most supporters have regular groups they associate with), the main reason we have a weird attitude about seat ownership is because the authorities have forced us into fixed seating where we aren't supposed to have freedom to congregate with our friends.
You can still sit there though.

On the atmosphere point, UFS (I'm not in it) is the only group keeping a terrible atmosphere ticking over. When they stop there is nothing.

As you say, they have been at it for years with no help from the club and it has remained as it is because of lack of room in league games. Thankfully the club are now trying to improve this and are trying things like this to expand it in games where St holders have no claim on their usual seat.

Anything that helps generate more vocal support for the team against a side like Roma is ok with me.

I see fans at home games barely make a noise apart from when we score, then singing every song at away games. It makes a big difference when the fans around you are vocal.

I see fans at home games barely make a noise apart from when we score, then singing every song at away games. It makes a big difference when the fans around you are vocal.
Getting rid of the clappers and stupidly loud music would help the atmosphere far more than a singing section, the music on leaving the last home game was so loud we couldn't hear each other outside the east stand.

Getting rid of the clappers and stupidly loud music would help the atmosphere far more than a singing section, the music on leaving the last home game was so loud we couldn't hear each other outside the east stand.
Fully agree with you on this.

It's absolutely horrible.

Has anyone been to a new stadium (e.g. built in the last 20 years) that has had a great atmosphere? A genuine question - but it seems that new stadiums rip out any character and rarely have good atmospheres.

Plus our football has been shite this season...

You can still sit there though.

On the atmosphere point, UFS (I'm not in it) is the only group keeping a terrible atmosphere ticking over. When they stop there is nothing.

As you say, they have been at it for years with no help from the club and it has remained as it is because of lack of room in league games. Thankfully the club are now trying to improve this and are trying things like this to expand it in games where St holders have no claim on their usual seat.

Anything that helps generate more vocal support for the team against a side like Roma is ok with me.
Yes, I could still sit there if I logged in at the right time to buy a ticket but it is unlikely that I'd get anything like my usual matchday experience, at the last home leg we were surrounded by 13-15 year old boys who squealed (they actually did!) throughout the game and most of the regulars were totally pissed off with it.

Turning off the music and binning the clappers would wake up more fans, most can't be bothered to try to out sing the shit the stadium plays but wouldn't sit in silence if there was nothing drowning them out. At away matches fans sing because the home club is not trying to engage them with their 'atmosphere'

An interview with Dick Campbell on R4 Today progamme at 8.30am , manager of Arbroath, who as the only part-time team in Scottish Division are in 2nd place and challenging Kilmarnock for promotion to the Premiership. They play each other this evening.

Fine fellow, big mate of SAF and sounds like a slightly more articulate version of Jock Wallace. He came out with the claim "This could be bigger than Leicester!".

Cheered me up.

I’ve shared some nerdy LCFC stats in the past but this one might beat them all. But I simply cannot let it go unmentioned!

I’ve seen two articles now referring to this season as potentially record breaking in terms of the most matches we have played in a season (59 if we get to the ECL final).

They seem to have forgotten our glorious run to the 1992 ZDS Cup northern final. Which along with a 46 game league season and play-offs took us to 61 matches that season. I remember distinctly reading this in OF&F at the time possibly because Gary Mills might have played in every match.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4564
10Preston 4563