They're talking about us

Maybe there needs to be a 'They're not talking about us' thread. After all, LCFC played Troyes this afternoon and the club don't appear to want to acknowledge it. Fortunately, our opponents have:

You may recognise Kisnorbo as the Troyes manager. The game was played at Seagrave and finished 0-0.

Our line up was: Iversen, McAteer, Vestergaard, Evans, Thomas, Praet, Soumare, Dewsbury-Hall, Perez, Daka, Barnes. Subs were: Smithies, Appiah, Wormleighton, Hill, Wilson-Brown, Ndidi, Albrighton, Braybrooke, Alves, Cartwright, Cover, Vardy, Iheanacho

The only notable absentee is Soyuncu who picked up a hamstring injury before the WC (apparently) before then being available for Turkey and now seems to be missing altogether. I didn't see him in the Dubai pictures. There has been speculation recently that he's already got a deal with Athletico Madrid starting when his contract expires in the summer.

I think that was the year that Robbie Savage entertained us all by revealing that he had been over at his Nan's house...
First I've heard about it.

First I've heard about it.

Sounds plausible. I had a you moment earlier on.....went to put some money on a hoss and saw olympiacos were playing forest. I wondered what year i was in or if I'd missed something significant. It's apparently just some friendly which has cost one side probably a fair bit to arrange.....nudge nudge, wink wink.

So we are the 17th richest club in the world. That's kind of surprising seeing as we are according to some in the precipice of complete collapse.

So we are the 17th richest club in the world. That's kind of surprising seeing as we are according to some in the precipice of complete collapse.

That's only because we were a PL side competing in Europe when those figures were put together.

It takes no account of what we are spending out the other end. Which is way more than we were making. Our average player earns more than £90k a week and we have a bloated squad.

We spent over £100m on a training ground. We pay our manager a Champions League salary. Etc.

We've acted like we're bigger than we are. This can only work if you're owned by someone prepared to bankroll the difference and King Power stopped doing it. They went from bankrolling us to loaning us to no longer loaning us.

Unless they put a rather massive amount of money in, we're carrying a debt that will cripple us for years and, if we go down, it will make our administration 20 years ago seem like nothing.

I'd guess only eight players get paid more than 90k per week. I'd say the average was more like 70k per week. Still absurd, but not quite as much.

I'd guess only eight players get paid more than 90k per week. I'd say the average was more like 70k per week. Still absurd, but not quite as much.

So you believe Maguire's data on is being the 17th richest club in the world but don't believe him using exactly the same data on our wage bill?

The UK is the 5th largest (sometimes 6th) economy in the world. & yet we're all skint & the country is on the edge of oblivion & in debt up to its arsehole. I love numbers.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757
9Preston 3756
10Middlesbro3854