They're talking about us

I'm glad to see a bit of fight from one of them though, got no problem with him replying to that.

Makes the whole "they're not playing for Rodgers" idea sound like it's not true too.

Then again, we all know Maddison isn't the problem... if we had more like him we'd be fine!

That’s not fight, that’s delusion

If he cannot recognise that the performance was abject in the extreme, then he is clearly part of the problem

I‘d much sooner he came out and said ‘we were completely ****ing awful and need to get our ****ing act together pdq”

Thinking that performance was ok is absolutely why we're in the shit. We think we're too good to be in a relegation fight.

The performance wasn't our best but Maddison is right.

Another day we win that 3 or 4 nil if Nacho and Soutter score their chances and Southampton don't take their only decent one.

Nacho may have been incredibly frustrating, it happens, but he was far closer to scoring than any other attacker who featured.

Those Maddison comments have me even more concerned.

Those Maddison comments have me even more concerned.

At least he's communicating with feeling. I haven't read the article but Maddison is well within his rights to argue with it from his perspective.

I accept that it is a low bar to welcome knowing that someone inside the club has a pulse, but there we are.

Is a penalty not a decent chance?
That was their decent chance - i think any other PL goalkeeper would have saved the shot they scored from.

We're usually very good at converting our chances, we regularly outperform out xG, but Saturday was on of those games where we could have still been playing now and we wouldn't have scored, it happens.

I'd much rather see players come out like Maddison has done - better to come out with some fight and facts rather than believe they are relegated already like most on here seem to believe.

Yes Saturday was a terrible result but it doesn't mean that we weren't unfortunate to get something from it with the good chances we had.

Nacho may have been incredibly frustrating, it happens
Copy and pasted from over three quarters of the games he has played for us.

Keep it for use after each of the next few games until he hits another of his decent patches.

That was their decent chance - i think any other PL goalkeeper would have saved the shot they scored from.
Almost certainly not.

Perhaps he shouldn't have needed to be in the position where he was left 1 on 1 if the ****s in front of him could actually play football now and again.

I'm happy for players to answer media criticism, but stating that we "created numerous brilliant chances and win comfortably on another day" is pretty deluded.

We created an xG of ~1.9 (versus Southampton's ~1.3). So play 1,000 times and we would most often win 2-1. Hardly "comfortably".

And that's against a team that has scored third fewest goals in the league this season, and conceded the fourth most.

Southampton are/were shit. We were marginally better than them, but didn't take our chances so we lost.

Everything this season is pointing towards us being marginally better than the bottom three, but very much in a relegation fight and a couple of results here or there will be the difference between scraping mid-table and playing in the Championship next season.

I'm happy for players to answer media criticism, but stating that we "created numerous brilliant chances and win comfortably on another day" is pretty deluded.

We created an xG of ~1.9 (versus Southampton's ~1.3). So play 1,000 times and we would most often win 2-1. Hardly "comfortably".

And that's against a team that has scored third fewest goals in the league this season, and conceded the fourth most.

Southampton are/were shit. We were marginally better than them, but didn't take our chances so we lost.

Everything this season is pointing towards us being marginally better than the bottom three, but very much in a relegation fight and a couple of results here or there will be the difference between scraping mid-table and playing in the Championship next season.
The good news is that BR teams usually see the season out really strongly.....

The last English manager to win the English top division was Wilkinson in 1991-92, it's not a massive surprise that English managers don't win much at the top level.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669
9Coventry City4664
10Preston 4663