They're talking about us

He will always make mistakes as he is playing much closer to the edge than how we normally play.

I guess this is to draw a tackle in and potentially free an outfield player and create an overload.

I think his distribution is excellent and far superior to what I anticipated. We have to accept the odd mistake that will lead to a goal and appreciate what he is trying to do.

If we were to get on his back it could adversely affect his confidence and therefore make his distribution far worse.
I'm not at all advocating anyone overly criticising him. My point was a much more simple one; any comparisons to Schmeichel (or Banks FFS) at this stage is ludicrous beyond belief.

I'm not at all advocating anyone overly criticising him. My point was a much more simple one; any comparisons to Schmeichel (or Banks FFS) at this stage is ludicrous beyond belief.
I wasn’t suggesting you were encouraging criticism, merely that I think he is a good keeper who required encouragement and support overall

It really really is.

I would also say that surely Schmeichel ranks higher than Banks for us in terms of achievements? Obviously never saw Banks play but for iconic leicester keepers… Kasper has to be top?

It really really is.

I would also say that surely Schmeichel ranks higher than Banks for us in terms of achievements? Obviously never saw Banks play but for iconic leicester keepers… Kasper has to be top?
I've seen them both play and in my opinion Banks was much better. I also think Shilton was better for what it's worth.

He achieved unbelievable things with us and he was an excellent keeper but he had some really obvious and unrectified flaws to his game, particularly his distribution and especially his command of the area from corners / crosses.

Personally think the new chap has the potential to surpass him

Shilton was the better of all our keepers
As I recall, Shilton was a great 'saver'; leaping, diving and catching with great agility and confidence, he commanded his area and cut an imposing figure in front of goal. I think Schmeicel's main strengths were the rush out, 'starfish' type save to block the shot and his quick reactions. Who could forget his diving, full stretch, strong wrist deflection in the FA cup final?

Shilton went on to win top trophies with other clubs - but Kasper won his with good ol' Leicester City.

Different styles, but both excellent keepers, we were fortunate to have had them play for us.

Shilton was the better of all our keepers
Banks for me although I must say I never saw him live, looking at footage of him, it was the fact he never seemed erratic or had to dive that much, almost as though he read the game really well and had a knack of being in the right place? Also the save against Pele puts him in a class of his own, I am not saying Shilton was poor far from it, and it is great that we had two world class keepers at our club.

Wasn’t he the ****in hopeless twat who let Andy Lonergan score from his own box? Oh look, here it is…

I think he actually made a really good save in that match as well (right at the end if I recall correctly).

After Banks and Shilton, we had Mark Wallington.

A stalwart for many years
Many said the best keeper of his era not to be picked for England .

Chic Bates put an end to his long run of consecutive games in that forever memorable FA Cup game v Shrewsbury

Seems a player missed off many peoples lists when talking of past goalkeepers

Mark Wallington in goal when I started going to games and came across as a decent character as well as a great 'keeper.

Top 5 goalies in no particular order:
Banks, Shilton, Wallington, Flowers, Schmeichel.
Maybe Hermansen have the ability to push one of them out of that list, given time.

Wasn’t he the ****in hopeless twat who let Andy Lonergan score from his own box? Oh look, here it is…

I was at that game and seem to remember him tying his laces up moments before. Then came the "We've got fatty-patty Pressman on our team" song.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669
9Coventry City4664
10Preston 4663