They're talking about us

I think that's quite an old story being picked back up because of our new found fame.

That is as may be. However, anyone with half a brain can see that this was a pretty shameful deal designed to hide money.

Personally, I'm disappointed that we did this and wish we'd had the guts to be open and honest about our accounts and challenge any fine in court. FFP is stupid and wouldn't stand up to a legal challenge.

CfxVV35WQAE4Sux.jpg

Them Spuds fans are just little Arsenal fans now. Until the turn of the year they seemed better than their neighbours but have morphed into clones of them.

They're Londoners ultimately. Therefore they're elitist wankers who think they are better than everyone else.

It's not just Arsenal and Spurs it's the city in general.

It is absolutely impossible to explain this to Americans. I've tried on numerous occasions, with very knowledgable sport "people" and not feeling like I can find any comparison that does it justice.

The big problem I find is that they can't comprehend promotion and relegation and without that you cannot put into context what this season is about. It amazes me that a nation that prizes itself on rewarding success does exactly the same thing with failure in their major sports.

This week's The Game podcast from the Times had a nice bit on us, better than the usual stock reviews of our performance - some nice stuff from Henry Winter about Claudio's training and management style from his visits to Belvoir, plus some interesting stuff on Kasper and how he's studied other sports to help his game.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00
9Fulham00
10Ipswich00