They're talking about us

Love this from the comments...........

In early September last year, I was walking down the main street where I live and I found a fiver on the pavement outside BetFred. Thinking this was a sign, I decided there and then to go into the bookies and put the fiver on something. But what to bet on? As I'd been listening to the last album by Half Man Half Biscuit on my phone when I found the money, I put the fiver on Tranmere to win the Conference title.

(Here follows a phrase you won't read in many other contexts....)

I wish to **** that I'd been listening to Kasabian.

Nice article in the Times about our last championship attempt, the Ice Kings of 1963.

A stark reminder of the results for the last 5 games though. 1 point clear at the top then they
Drew 1-1 v Wolves
lost 1-2 v WBA
lost 0-2 v Bolton
Lost 1-3 v Villa
Lost 2-3 v Birmingham

A great, entertaining read until I got to this bit at the end:

"on Sky Sports a few weeks ago various Tottenham fans were asked outside White Hart Lane whether the title could still be heading their way. All of them said yes. “Leicester are nobodies,” one loudly exclaimed."

That makes me really mad and I hope someone pins it up on our dressing room wall for the rest of the season.

CgFevLDXIAALgRr.jpg

For my money, Fuchs and Casper win the player of the season. They are the ying and yang of the changing room. One bringing the level head when sense is required, and the other lending levity to tense situations. There's no one reason why we've done so well this season but the pair of them have contributed so much to the gestalt.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00
9Fulham00
10Ipswich00