They're talking about us

Lazy journalism. Looking for excuses for saying we had no chance last year. Last year was a freak etc..

Teams are wise to us now so it cannot happen again.

Bollux.

They were wise to us for the second half of last season but it made no difference.

We have lost Kante, which is a big loss, but the new boys in so far are as good as, and will become better than, our old boys.

Onwards and upwards.

No-one expected us to win last year so there was no pressure.

No-one expects us to win this year so there will be no pressure.

The Band of Blue Brothers will continue to enjoy their football and score goals and beat teams, here and in Europe.

Lazy journalism. Looking for excuses for saying we had no chance last year. Last year was a freak etc..

Teams are wise to us now so it cannot happen again.

Bollux.

They were wise to us for the second half of last season but it made no difference.

We have lost Kante, which is a big loss, but the new boys in so far are as good as, and will become better than, our old boys.

Onwards and upwards.

No-one expected us to win last year so there was no pressure.

No-one expects us to win this year so there will be no pressure.

The Band of Blue Brothers will continue to enjoy their football and score goals and beat teams, here and in Europe.

You genuinely believe that?

Yes.

In the Barcelona and Manure games there were big patches when we looked as good and threatening as last year.

I am sure as soon as we are up to full fitness we will once again be a force to be reckoned with.

We are not a single Plan A team, but I am sure Ranieri will want to exploit the blistering pace we now have in abundance.

The team have said that Ranieri has individual game plans for every team we play, so there will always be a Plan B and a Plan C.

There were lots of comments on here and elsewhere that very often Ranieri's substitutes/tactical changes were inspired.

I meant the part I highlighted, where you said the players we have bought in are as good as Kante and will become better.

I meant in terms of their positions.

I think if Hernandez has to sub for Morgan or Huth we will have no worries.

Equally will we be worried if Musa has to come on for Vardy or Kapustka for Albrighton?

We have not signed a Kante replacement yet.

I meant in terms of their positions.

I think if Hernandez has to sub for Morgan or Huth we will have no worries.

Equally will we be worried if Musa has to come on for Vardy or Kapustka for Albrighton?

We have not signed a Kante replacement yet.

I think Hernandez can deputise for Simpson, too.

As for a Kante replacement, can there ever truly be one? His value to us was unique in that there were no other players doing the same job in the league, a bit of a one-off. Mendy has the attributes to at least mimic this, I think we'll require the other central midfielder, whomever it may be, to put in more of the graft this year.

... and probably will have to beg Vardy's Red Bull and nicotine patches to try to cover as much ground as Kante did!

You only have to look at Mendy to see he is not the same type of player as Kante. He is much heavier, far broader and consequently less agile / mobile. He will not cover anyway near the same amount of ground. Also, we won't get anyone as good as Kante (he is a one off) but we can get someone with similar attributes. I think another central midfielder is a must.

"Morgan Performed above his ability"

How is this even slightly possible?? Terrible statement that makes no sense. Performed above expectation, yes, but to physically play above your own ability is impossible. You can either do it, or you can't.

From the same school as those on here that wanted him shipped out after promotion from the Championship as 'Too old and too slow for the Premier League'!

From the same school as those on here that wanted him shipped out after promotion from the Championship as 'Too old and too slow for the Premier League'!
I'd be surprised if anyone on this forum expected Morgan to be the rock he is. I'd expect the majority of us expected him to be too slow for the prem. In some aspects the same is true for Huth.

"Performed above his ability"

How is this even slightly possible?? Terrible statement that makes no sense. Performed above expectation, yes, but to physically play above your own ability is impossible. You can either do it, or you can't.
Like giving 110%. Can't happen.

Like giving 110%. Can't happen.

Yes it can. 'Small woman lifts car off child' syndrome. Under exceptional psychological/physiological stress the body can produce extra adrenaline to the heart to pump additional blood and oxygen to the muscles so they can exceed normal performance limits. But you could only do it for a few seconds otherwise you would cause permanent damage to muscles and bones.

Yes it can. 'Small woman lifts car off child' syndrome. Under exceptional psychological/physiological stress the body can produce extra adrenaline to the heart to pump additional blood and oxygen to the muscles so they can exceed normal performance limits. But you could only do it for a few seconds otherwise you would cause permanent damage to muscles and bones.
I think FOX Frank included those situations in what counts as an 'ability', making the idea of performing above one's ability impossible per definition.

Personally, I think that if you can lift a car off a child 30-odd times in a row you are performing in line with your ability, not above it, regardless of definition. I also think you should take a look at health and safety

No it can't.

Maybe you weren't giving 100% last time though

For this reason.

Whether you could only do something for a few seconds is irrelevant, you could still do it.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669
9Coventry City4664
10Preston 4663