They're talking about us

Grimsby away on a midweek night.

A howling gale off the North Sea bringing sideways rain right into the away end. A miserable gaggle of soaking wet ****s shambling to the train afterwards past a chip shop with yellow windows lit by what must have been one 40 watt bulb covered in fly shit.
Coppers didn't even bother walking us down, just kerb crawled in their vans & waited while we queued for chips.
Got on the train & my fags were soaked through & my lighter didn't work.

We did this for fun right?

& it was 0-0

Football.

It reminds me of the match at Reading about 20 years ago, it was so bad the match was abandoned at half time.
Was that NYD?

If so, I got so ****ed up on NYE, fell out with my parents after acting like a complete ****, threw up all over the drive and then had to sit next to my dad 1st thing in the morning on the way down there....

Amazing what you can achieve when you are young

Bloomfield for me. Only game I got to see live though was a friendly in Bergen vs my local team Brann. April -77. Ended in a diplomatic 1-1 draw. Brian Alderson with the goal for Leicester.

I remember Franko O. O'Farrel going to Man U. A big story of the day (in my family anyway).

Matt Giles was manager when I first saw Leicester (1966) but it was Frank O'Farrell, who was manager by the time my dad got us season tickets at Filbert Street.

It seemed that managers had a much lower media profile in those days (except obviously Bill Shankly /Matt Busby ) – there was much more focus on the players in those days. FO'F was quickly followed by Jimmy Bloomfield who was popular - and when I first started to think about managers and their influence as being an essential part of the team.

Since the days of Don Revie / Brian Clough/Malc Allison up to the current incarnations of Fergusson, Pep, Wenger, Mourinho, Pochettino (even our very own Rodgers) football has been plagued by a series of egomaniacal managers who dominate the headlines – leaving the actual teams as something of a sub heading – Now that’s entertainment!

Was that NYD?

If so, I got so ****ed up on NYE, fell out with my parents after acting like a complete ****, threw up all over the drive and then had to sit next to my dad 1st thing in the morning on the way down there....

Amazing what you can achieve when you are young
Yes, I think it was, with the replay about 3 weeks later

Matt Gillies when I started, his daughter was at the same primary school (Linden), they had a posh house off Spencefield Lane

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363
9Middlesbro4463
10Preston 4463