Things you've always wanted to know.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

City Fan

I have wondered this for years:

Why do black people have white palms when white people don't have black palms?

Next.........

Every part of a white persons body is white, yes? Every part of a black persons body is black, apart from the palms of their hands and the bottom of their feet. Why is that?

Next.........
It's how they stand when they're being sprayed. I thought everybody knew this!!!

Why are clouds white?

Next.........

the pigmentation melanin is to prevent skin damage from the sun, to produce it for regions not exposed to sunlight would be inefficient and evolution would weed it out

incidentally, the reason white people are white is not just the cost of producing melanin for no reason, white skinned people produce more vitamin D in polar climates per ray of sun

Every part of a white persons body is white, yes? Every part of a black persons body is black, apart from the palms of their hands and the bottom of their feet. Why is that?

pink is the default colour (blood is red and skin white)

the dark bits of dark people are from melanin

oh and blood is red for the same reason as rust, it contains iron

It's how they stand when they're being sprayed. I thought everybody knew this!!!

**** me, had a bit of a search on Google to find out why. One of the answers I found was this:

They wear away the colour on their hands because they're always stealing and they wear away the pigment on the soles of their feet because they are always running away from the cops!!

the pigmentation melanin is to prevent skin damage from the sun, to produce it for regions not exposed to sunlight would be inefficient and evolution would weed it out

incidentally, the reason white people are white is not just the cost of producing melanin for no reason, white skinned people produce more vitamin D in polar climates per ray of sun
I seem to remember this conversation in a pub near Putney Bridge :icon_wink

Cheers Darth Vodka, I can sleep at night now that I have found the answer to that. No, seriously..........

Last edited:
if a house (for arguments sake) is left derelict and all the doors and windows are shut how and where does the dust come from :102:

if a house (for arguments sake) is left derelict and all the doors and windows are shut how and where does the dust come from :102:

it's an urban myth that dust comes predominantly from human skin

Mainly the degradation of the make up of the building i.e. the plaster etc. Also even if it was boarded up it wouldn’t be completely air tight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool512
2Manchester C  412
3Aston Villa512
4Chelsea510
5Arsenal410
6Newcastle510
7Brighton48
8Fulham58
9Nottm F48