This cannot go on........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Taylor played a significant role aided and abeited by the board at that time in relegating us and taking us into administration, however the problems we are now suffering are not the fault of Taylor, as Melton states they are the fault of the existing heirarchy at the club.

But they are still a major factor, many of the 1'000s of fans who don't come now is because they live in the MON era, which PT wrecked.

The new set up has been dealing with the consequences of that ever since from a financial standpoint.

Many fans seem to forget the consortium nearly failed to raise enough money to buy the club, so things were always going to be tight, the club was within an hour of going out of existance on two separate occasions until the money was finally secured

They probably also spent the parachute money on (relatively) expensive wages for players like Williams, de Vries and Douglas, expecting to get promoted again fairly quickly.

I suppose the question is was the club right to do that?
If they hadn't done that they'd probably be accused of lacking ambition.

For the 2002/03 season, they took that risk and it paid off. They did the same thing in 2004/05 and 2005/05, possibly as a result of that earlier success, and now we are suffering because of it.

Risky business!!

FT, did the club contact you over the incredibly cheap advertising idea. Print off load of posters and ask for them to be placed across the community and local shops. Why does the marketing man/woman get off their arse and actually do it instead. Rather than tell us to go do it for them, I'd expect to be paid.

Why not go around your estate, car painted blue and hang one of your nephew's out of the sunroof saying 'City v Colchester, Tickets From £20, Thats if your a member though'

Last edited:
Differnt forum same excuses, if your more aware then most of our financial situation please enlighten us all.

:038: hello talking balls. :)

The year end accounts will be published soon, when they are please remember the £3m received for Connolly when reviewing the figures & remember the results are for a season where we had a parachute payment

Have you deliberately chosen to misinterpret my post? I was clearly commenting on the subject of consultation and suggesting that it is the job of the board to run the club and not the job of the fans. I would have thought that was plain to everybody and would be pleased if you would consider withdrawing your 'chestnut' remark.

Not really no, you mentioned 'football people'

So who exactly are they?

Explain what qualifies you to be defined as a football person?

Not really no, you mentioned 'football people'

So who exactly are they?

Explain what qualifies you to be defined as a football person?

You are deluding yourself. I didn't mention 'football people'. If you want it to be defined, I suggest that you do it yourself.

I've got no intention of going back over what I did say. Everybody else seems to have understood it and it is still there for you to go back to see for yourself. I say again I was clearly commenting on the subject of consultation and suggesting that it is the job of the board to run the club and not the job of the fans. If you want to interpret what I wrote in any other way, that is a matter for you - but you would be wrong to do so.

You are deluding yourself. I didn't mention 'football people'. If you want it to be defined, I suggest that you do it yourself.

I've got no intention of going back over what I did say. Everybody else seems to have understood it and it is still there for you to go back to see for yourself. I say again I was clearly commenting on the subject of consultation and suggesting that it is the job of the board to run the club and not the job of the fans. If you want to interpret what I wrote in any other way, that is a matter for you - but you would be wrong to do so.

The bit in bold says it all. The Foxes Trust seem to answer most questions with another. For some reason it Believes that because we as fans dont't know all the answers that we don't have the right to ask the questions, or have the right to ask for a better club, and not one necessarily one on par with the MON.

We just want to compete in this division over the course of a whole season, a top half finish would be fantastic, and you as our representive on the board should be helping us to achieve this with some good innovative thinking. Instead of taking shots at all who would question the board, and basically saying "we're F**ked we don't know what to do...then again neither do you so you've got no room to comment"

We wouldn't go into administration & would survive, but a number of players would depart, as there is no doubt other Championship clubs would come in with bids (plus the queue of Prem clubs for Nissa?)

That is one advantage of the squad make up, most are young enough to have some value, go back a couple of years & this wasn't the case.

Whether we would compete depends on who is left, who we would bring in etc.

But it's a long way to yet

But if we do go down, the value of these players go down too, as buying clubs would realise we are in the shit and offer us less for them, they are not going to offer the going market value are they?

Does ambition = money?

Does ambition = taking the risk of making the club go bust, not to return

Define ambition in your eyes Chrysalis

Ambition is aiming high, everything coming from this board speaks of they just want to survive and avoid relegation and nothing more, am I wrong?

Yes, we were saying it 2 seasons ago - but what we haven't done is allowed anybody enough time to build on their foundations. All we have done is expected instant results, campaigned for the sacking of the manager, finally got our way and started again. If we go through this procedure time after time, we will still be saying the same thing in 10 years time!

What's so wrong about being in League One? If that's what it takes to get a proper balance, let it happen. In 10 years time, we will be wondering whether it di F!"£$t much harm.

forest have a chairman which ensured their squad didnt get ripped apart by putting his own money in as well as decent attendances, dont expect us to be in the same situation following relegation.

I had a telephone meeting with a well educated and well informed Leeds "fan" this morning. I was "ironically" taking the piss out of them for being lower than us.

He is a "well to do" type of Leeds fan and doesn't generally take the piss, he is more constructive. This is his opinion from the outside:

Leeds are below us, he isn't concerned as they are rebuilding and are constructing the foundations as we speak, he also points out that they are having a bad run, but that's all it is. They are better and the will prove to be better.

On City he says "You are fecked, you are a club in decline, you have no structure and no backbone. You have no goal and no organisation. You have no experience, no leader and I can't see how you are to progress up the league"

This isn't club rivalry, this guy does know his stuff. I couldn't argue with him

leeds have got their debt down to 5 million and next season will no longer be paying fowler and other ex players so he is right.

I still think we were recovering from Taylor though when we got in the Prem, and still are now. He completly bankrupt us, and you can't just get over that in 5 years or so

leeds and derby are almost over their past troubles, in LESS then 5 years. Cardiff seem to have got over their problem in very short time.

The year end accounts will be published soon, when they are please remember the £3m received for Connolly when reviewing the figures & remember the results are for a season where we had a parachute payment

I take it that means their is going to be a profit reported?

So what would your top 3 tips to the board to generate more funds?

Although it sickens me to the core just take a look at what Kov have done this season for an example of imaginative marketing, especially the 12th man idea.

What ideas do we get from LCFC? a ride in a transit van, sorry "Trip of a Lifetime", personalised fixture lists and Fox Lot, all in all absolutely pathetic hackneyed crap.

More importantly, what are the boards top 3 plans for generating more money. They are the ones with the knowledge and experience in a position to use their skills to the best of their abilities

1. If the fecking players played to their ability and won matches at home that would attract more fans, thus more money from tickets, catering etc. Would not be a massive amopunt but something to build on.

2.Get someone in with proper marketing experience, someone who could get use the facilities of the ground to its full potential. Someone who knows how to approach local businesses who might be interested in using the facilities during the week and non match days.

3. Arrange reserve match at the Walkers ( I know we dont have a reserve team as such) not at Kettering or Hinckley.

4. Bring back Family fun nights.

More importantly, what are the boards top 3 plans for generating more money. They are the ones with the knowledge and experience in a position to use their skills to the best of their abilities

And didn't the FT say that Ronald McDonald was enjoying a nice salary, so what have we got for the money so far? Nothing tangible as far as I know. :icon_roll

And didn't the FT say that Ronald McDonald was enjoying a nice salary, so what have we got for the money so far? Nothing tangible as far as I know. :icon_roll
not even sorted the catering out yet........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00