This cannot go on........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forcing Pierpoint out was th eright thing at the time, and still remains the right thing. You cannot blame the board to where it all went wrong. There is one simple reason why it all went wrong: Peter ****ing Taylor!

Forcing Pierpoint out of the club may have been a bad thing, not a good thing.

And there's no point getting rid of the current board if there's no one to replace them.

Agreed, as the board are effectively backed by ( and in some cases are ) the major shareholders, they will not vote themselves off the board. Until someone comes in from outside with serious money that will always be the case in any organisation. Pierpoint did not have the backing of the club's shareholders at the time, and had to fall on his sword. That is not the situation that pertains now.

I am so depressed I may well fart, loudly, in the office.

Did it. No one noticed, typical.

There is one simple reason why it all went wrong: Peter ****ing Taylor!
We wasn't a regular Prem team before Taylor, and we still aren't, we got promoted to the Prem after Taylor left us and we couldn't stay there. We had a decent bunch of players that didn't play very well, that IS NOT Peter Taylors fault.

The only people to blame for our current form, in fact I wouldn't even call it current form, I'd call it a crisis, is the current regime at Leicester city, they ain't good enough from top to bottom. This isn't Peter Taylors fault

Last edited:
We wasn't a regular Prem team before Taylor, and we still aren't, we got promoted to the Prem after Taylor left us and we couldn't stay there. We had a decent bunch of players that didn't play very well, that IS NOT Peter Taylors fault.

The only people to blame for our current form, in fact I wouldn't even call it current form, I'd call it a crisis, is the current regime at Leicester city, they ain't good enough from top to bottom. This isn't Peter Taylors fault

So he spent £5million on Akinbyi, £1.5million on benjamin, something like £750,000 on Cresswell. And you still not gonna blame him in the slightest??:102:

So he spent £5million on Akinbyi, £1.5million on benjamin, something like £750,000 on Cresswell. And you still not gonna blame him in the slightest??:102:

Taylor played a significant role aided and abeited by the board at that time in relegating us and taking us into administration, however the problems we are now suffering are not the fault of Taylor, as Melton states they are the fault of the existing heirarchy at the club.

Taylor played a significant role aided and abeited by the board at that time in relegating us and taking us into administration, however the problems we are now suffering are not the fault of Taylor, as Melton states they are the fault of the existing heirarchy at the club.

Fine, but he was the start of all IMO

If you want me to blame Taylor for history, then yes, of course he did some very silly things. All with the support and backing of the board

If you want me to blame him for the present, then no, i can't. We have wiped the slate clean since then and moved forwards into a Premier League team again but we let it go again

Fine, but he was the start of all IMO

No doubt you are right, but since then we have had opportunities to get ourselves out of the shite but we haven't and we are now sinking further and further down the swanny, but remember We Are In It Together !!!

If you want me to blame Taylor for history, then yes, of course he did some very silly things. All with the support and backing of the board

If you want me to blame him for the present, then no, i can't. We have wiped the slate clean since then and moved forwards into a Premier League team again but we let it go again

I still think we were recovering from Taylor though when we got in the Prem, and still are now. He completly bankrupt us, and you can't just get over that in 5 years or so

I still think we were recovering from Taylor though when we got in the Prem, and still are now. He completly bankrupt us, and you can't just get over that in 5 years or so
Yes you can, the slate is wiped clean, the debts are gone whilst the income will remain the same.

Last edited:
met a client today, Burnley fan, even he was taking the piss....
Burnley taking the piss....:mad:

i cant be arsed to read this thread of over 100 posts all im gonna say is this has been on the cards for sometime and league 1 here we come

Still, we are only 4 points off the play offs.

That must give us some hope, if things can turn around quickly and we win 3 out of the next 5 games the whole situation looks a lot better for us.

But, I don't see it happening

Its all doom and gloom. A shock win at Sunderland would change the mood a bit, but i can't see it happening. You can blame the manager, the board, Bernie, and whoever you like, but at the end of the day there are 11 footballers who are entrusted with the shirt. Maybe they should wear it with a bit more pride and remind themselves that its their future and livelyhood on the line. They don't get the money their predecessors did, but they still maintain a priviledged lifestyle, perhaps RK should bring them to my workplace at 7am Monday morning and point out that this is what failure rewards you with.

Forcing Pierpoint out was th eright thing at the time, and still remains the right thing. You cannot blame the board to where it all went wrong. There is one simple reason why it all went wrong: Peter ****ing Taylor!
Please tell me why in your own words why you think getting rid of Pierpoint was the right thing, I must hear this....

Alarming stuff !

Is the feeling of all / most of the forum ?

What are you doing to change things / bring this to the attention of the wider fan base ?

I would imagine that most fans are not that impressed about being consulted on issues that are peripheral to the main business of the club....which is playing competitive football matches.

My take on the probable feelings of many supporters is that it's something like: a lot of people including important efforts from members of the current board (aided by an outstandingly helpful administrator) did a fine job in getting the club out of administration BUT they couldnt carry this momentum forward and it seemed to me that the figurehead, Gary Lineker, had to withdraw for presumably professional reasons and that didnt help.

The last few seasons have been ones of decline and that decline now seems embedded. Mention has been made of the vaciliation of the board over getting rid of the hapless Levein...then RK has a bright start....and the board gives him the job in what looks with hindsight like an economy driven move. The lack of profile of the chairman and board doesnt help....and there seems no one within the board or management structure that has the wherewithall or personality to make a difference

its all atozs fault......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00