This cannot go on........

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am blinkered I didnt pay 22 quid to watch the shit.

I would rather watch Burton v Weymouth every week at this rate.

I heard little organisation in the second half, when we were shitting a brick (so was I on the toilet), even Nissa and Hendo have a little 'Why the feck did you pass the ball here?'
Also when I watch SSN and the neutral says 'We needed that goal' when Bridges scored, that tells me from a neutral's point of view. The game wasnt up to much.

Dunc, I normally respect your opinion but that last paragraph is absolute rubbish, if the crowd reaction had such as negative impact on the players then why is our away form so bad this season and was also as poor last season, 1 point and no goals scored so far suggests the problems are far more deep rooted.

These players are well paid, especially when you see the cars parked in the Walkers car park, we pay decent money to support this team and as paying customers we are entitled to complain when performances are far from satisfactory. The problem is there are far too many willing to offer excuses and protect these overpaid, under performing prima donnas and whilst this continues, we will continue to go backwards.
#

Ok concede the point about away form but I don't think that the team deserved to be booed on their performance last night. I guess some people are booing because we lost to Hull who haven't won this season but to be honest we played better last nigth than we did against Southend or Ipswich so by definition they should have been booed for those 2 performances as well.

Surely we can't get to a stage (or maybe we have already) where we boo them for losing regardless of performance or opposition.

My argument is that the performance overall last night was ok, apart from the fact we didn't score. As I say another game Fryatt would have scored 3 and we'd have won.

What can you do about it, sometimes you just have to accept defeat and keep going not boo the players who i felt gave there all.

I just think changing the manager again so soon isn;t the answer. Lets say we get in a new guy, he wins 5 or 6 out of his first 10 matches, great !! The he only wins 1 out of the next 10, and were in the same boat again. The impatient feckers will be on his back and they'l want yet another new manager.

I know what you are saying, but it is clearly evident we need somebody with the character and charisma to get a grip of the club and change this negative mentality, at present Kelly is far from convincing me that he has these attributes.

while i accept we are now an average championship side and will lose a few draw a few and win a few and hopefully finish mid-table, losing at home to hull and burnley makes you wonder where points are going to come from? against the better teams?

I am blinkered I didnt pay 22 quid to watch the shit.

I would rather watch Burton v Weymouth every week at this rate.

I heard little organisation in the second half, when we were shitting a brick (so was I on the toilet), even Nissa and Hendo have a little 'Why the feck did you pass the ball here?'
Also when I watch SSN and the neutral says 'We needed that goal' when Bridges scored, that tells me from a neutral's point of view. The game wasnt up to much.

Like I say I was there and I thought we were better for the first 60mins than we were against Southend or Ipswich or Burnley. We passed it well and used the wingers (especially 1st half) who put in a number of good crosses.

After they scored the crowd got on the players back and confidence visibly drained from the players who then went long ball to O'Grady and in spite of that we still missed 2/3 golden opportunties.

What do you want me to say?!

dunc i wish i had your positive outlook :102: i wanted to look for plus points as i do post match but i couldnt find one.I know we all see the game differently what i saw was a shapeless rabble unable to break down a very poor hull side and eventually ended up second best.

This team lacks one major thing, QUALITY. Hull were awful but they had one player in Bridges who could produce a match winning moment, we simply don't have that.

We have gone too far away from Micky Adams setup. Under Adams we had too many seasoned pro's, now we don't have enough.

while i accept we are now an average championship side and will lose a few draw a few and win a few and hopefully finish mid-table, losing at home to hull and burnley makes you wonder where points are going to come from? against the better teams?

My concern's are that season on season we seem to failing to learn from previous seasons experience. We are now in the 3rd season back at this level, and we have still failed to grasp the characteristics and tactics required to beat these struggling teams. That to me demonstrates the mentality and attitude of the current crop of players and also the qualities of the current management team.

dunc i wish i had your positive outlook :102: i wanted to look for plus points as i do post match but i couldnt find one.I know we all see the game differently what i saw was a shapeless rabble unable to break down a very poor hull side and eventually ended up second best.

Well Porter is an obvious plus point, he seems to improve every time he plays. And another one is that for the first time in many years we contunued to create chances against a team who shoved 10 men behind the ball. Under Levein we never created any and even under Adams we were limited to hoofing it to Deane/Scowcroft and then Dickov gets on the end of a loose ball and tries to do something.

The one aspect clearly lacking is goals, and Fryatt will come good he just needs one to go in whether its a 5 yard tap in or even one bounce in off his arse. As I say elsewhere, once one goes in (like Connelly a few years ago) he'll get start scoring regularly.

My concern's are that season on season we seem to failing to learn from previous seasons experience. We are now in the 3rd season back at this level, and we have still failed to grasp the characteristics and tactics required to beat these struggling teams. That to me demonstrates the mentality and attitude of the current crop of players and also the qualities of the current management team.

I think I'm right in saying you weren't there last night, apologies if you were.

But on the basis you weren;t, the tactics were fine last night, we used width to create space against a team with 10 men behind the ball, we defended well and by switching the play from right to left and keeping possession we created chances.

The fact we didn't score isn't down to tactics its down to individual ability and confidence.

What a manager can do about a young striker going through a bad patch is beyond me, apart from stick with him and wait for the goals to come.

To me the only clear cut chance we created last night was for Hughes in the first half that was cleared off line from close range. That was the first genuine move Ive seen from us this season. Other than that the rest were scraps.

The bitter recriminations have started and I cant blame them because we are serving up some of the worst football I have seen from this club in my 62 yrs of support,even Frank Mac had sort of an idea, so did taylor of sorts.

As I've said before MIDFIELD is our only problem half sensible backs and up front but you get nothing without an ENGINE ROOM .....NO AUTHORITY. RELETIVELY LITTLE SKILL. NO BRAINS.NO MOVEMENT.LIGHTWEIGHT. NO BACKBONE
And there you have it a team without a HEART..... kicking aimlessly....kicking hopefully......with no purpose but just to rid themselves of any responsibility or blame for what happens

But whole sad sorry saga is getting to me just hope its not 1990/1 season all over again

To me the only clear cut chance we created last night was for Hughes in the first half that was cleared off line from close range. That was the first genuine move Ive seen from us this season. Other than that the rest were scraps.

Porter from 6 yards?

Fryatt on the end of 2 near post crosses?

McCarthy on the penalty spot towards the end?

Chances from corners? At least 3/4

Hume breaking in from the left in the 2nd half?

Crosses in the first half (not as many in the 2nd half) going into dangerous areas but no one (hume mainly) attacking them?

Porter from 6 yards?

Fryatt on the end of 2 near post crosses?

McCarthy on the penalty spot towards the end?

Chances from corners? At least 3/4

Hume breaking in from the left in the 2nd half?

Crosses in the first half (not as many in the 2nd half) going into dangerous areas but no one (hume mainly) attacking them?

Scraps.

1 genuine move that carved them open.

.......The fact we didn't score isn't down to tactics its down to individual ability and confidence..........

So it has nothing to do with the fact were lumping the ball over the top and from the wings to two strikers who are skillfull and quick and need the ball to their feet?:102:

I honestly think I must either watch a different game or i'm just blinkered, cause I thought we were organised and were the better team, we just couldn't score........

tend to agree with you there dunc but scoring goals is what wins matches not good passing.

Scraps.

1 genuine move that carved them open.

Johnson to Fryatt through ball that Fryatt cocked up in the 2nd half and that hume effort when he cut in was a definate worked chance.

And the 2 Fryatt near post efforts (one from low and one from O'Grady) were worked well too.

Thats 4.

We were a shapeless disorganised rabble. Saying we were the better team really isnt saying anything, Hull were dreadful.

Johnson to Fryatt through ball that Fryatt cocked up in the 2nd half and that hume effort when he cut in was a definate worked chance.

And the 2 Fryatt near post efforts (one from low and one from O'Grady) were worked well too.

Thats 4.

I can agree witht he first one but not the others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669