This cannot go on........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get them all in, god knows we need something....oh hold on, the official site seems to have a great idea of how we get fans to go.....oh, a downloadable poster with the upcoming fixture on it. Genius. Proper job.

We will just have to see what peoples views are in a few weeks, when we have had a thrashing from Sunderland and then the blue nosed brummie bastards. Maybe even the mighty Colchester will join in on the act and do us too....................:mad: :mad: :mad:

If you think that was organised Dunc, I would hate to see a team what you thought wasn't......

If you think that was organised Dunc, I would hate to see a team what you thought wasn't......

Well what wasn't organised about it (aside from the last 10 mins when it was kitchen sink time)?

We had a solid back 4 that has played together for most of the last 6 months that was organised and didn't do much wrong defensively.

We had a 4 man midfield, the wingers held the width the centre midfielders tried to get the ball to them who apparently were told to whip in crosses to the near post.

We had 2 strikers who for 3-4 months last season looked quality who with a hatful of chances presented to them proceeded to miss them.

I don't see the problems we have as any reflection of a lack of organisation, its a simple 442 formation with 2 wingers providing width, its a problem of finishing which we all thought was solved with Hume and Fryatt's form of last season.

Last edited:
I fail to see how anybody can't see that we have problems and it isn't just down to a few missed chances.

I fail to see how anybody can't see that we have problems and it isn't just down to a few missed chances.

Its my opinion HF and as I say, I'd like to see a video of the game to see if i'm deluision cause no one else seems to have the same opinion.

But in terms of the game last night, the simple fact is that is was down to a few missed chances. If we had scored any of the easy ones in the 1st half (porter, fryatt and hughes) then Hull would have collapsed, we'd have won, got 3 points been close to the play offs and just as every loss means we are doomed to an eternity of relegation battles and bankruptcy, every win is a turning point and means we are going to get promoted.

Over reactions to every game by most fans and the truth is that we aren't likely to get into a relegation battle at the end of the season unless the confidence of the players is shot to pieces by booing and slow clapping and we won't be in the play offs either.

Maybe Chandler was right all along - what was it? Fickle Boneheads?

Last edited:
Its my opinion HF and as I say, I'd like to see a video of the game to see if i'm deluision cause no one else seems to have the same opinion.

But in terms of the game last night, the simple fact is that is was down to a few missed chances. If we had scored any of the easy ones in the 1st half (porter, fryatt and hughes) then Hull would have collapsed.

but the reason for not scoring last night was not down to the strikers finishing (well not solely) it was more down to the tactics we were playing to serve the srtikers we had on the pitch for the majority of the game IMO.

but the reason for not scoring last night was not down to the strikers finishing (well not solely) it was more down to the tactics we were playing to serve the srtikers we had on the pitch for the majority of the game IMO.

I simply do not agree - sorry.

I simply do not agree - sorry.

no need to be sorry, havent been on here for a few days as I am very busy at work but im making the time for the debate this morning

But in terms of the game last night, the simple fact is that is was down to a few missed chances. If we had scored any of the easy ones in the 1st half (porter, fryatt and hughes) then Hull would have collapsed, we'd have won, got 3 points been close to the play offs and just as every loss means we are doomed to an eternity of relegation battles and bankruptcy, every win is a turning point and means we are going to get promoted.

Over reactions to every game by most fans and the truth is that we aren't likely to get into a relegation battle at the end of the season unless the confidence of the players is shot to pieces by booing and slow clapping and we won't be in the play offs either

I thought the middle 30 minutes of the 1st half was allright, we passed the ball, maintained posession and created pressure.

Having said that we did not however create good chances with good football and we were after all playing at home against probably the worst team in the division, a team that will almost certainly be playing division one football next season.

no need to be sorry, havent been on here for a few days as I am very busy at work but im making the time for the debate this morning

ditto.

I just can't see the argument that the tactics were wrong when we created so many chances, enough to win 2 games let alone 1. Apparently some people don't agree that they were either chances or that we created them, but frankly if 10 chances are happening per game then I couldn't give two hoots if they are given to us on a silver platter by their defenders as long as they keep coming, which right until the last minutes of the game last night, they did

How long can it continue though,4 goals in 7 matches is pathetic.How long before we have to bring someone in on loan.Scoring goals was a problem last season,its not been adressed Imo.If we are making them fine but get someone to put them in or at the very least give our strikers some guidance.Who have we got coaching our Strikers at the moment ?

How long can it continue though,4 goals in 7 matches is pathetic.How long before we have to bring someone in on loan.Scoring goals was a problem last season,its not been adressed Imo.If we are making them fine but get someone to put them in or at the very least give our strikers some guidance.Who have we got coaching our Strikers at the moment ?

Mike Stowell?? :102:

Here a few...

Henderson - can't kick, I think only one of his kicks last night actually found a Leicester player, dodgy at crosses, corners, free kicks etc

Kenton - switches off from time to time and ends up leaves a yawning gap behind him

Kisnorbo - great at the physical stuff diabolical at distribution

McCarthy - pick of the bunch at the back put always has at least one rush of blood to the head per match

Johansson - seem to only go backwards or sideways, doesn't support the wide player in front of him

Low - hasn't got the pace to get round the defender so hardly ever gets to the bye line to make the killer cross

Porter - promising flashes of skill and pace but hasn't (yet) got the physical presence to win the ball back

Johnson - likes to think he can spread the ball about with a killer pass but can't, doesn't seem to support either the attack or the defence, takes him a least 20 minutes to get up to the pace of the game

Hughes - terrible disappointment, cannot see what he brings to the team at all at the moment doesn't seem to know or be able to play his allotted role and this season looks a yard off the pace, his corner/free kicks range from awful to poor

Fryatt - looks isolated and desperately needs to break his duck, if we had a workman like older player to take some of the burden off his shoulders he could be a completely different player, could be the next Gary Lineacre or the next Phil Gee

Hume - he was like a caged animal last night, some of his attempts to win the ball were more like karate moves, made me think of Dickov but on a shed load of amphetamines and with out the guile

Mike Stowell?! :icon_wink

Agreed on all that, I'd say that last night was the first game I've seen this season where the forwards couldn't complain about the service they were getting, crosses were forever going into the box in the 60mins especially that they either cocked up or didn't get on the end of.

From the 3rd minute when we had a corner and McCarthy nodded it into the 6 yard box towards Fryatt and he failed to see/read/do anything the game for MF was summed up.

But (and its a big but) Fryatt looked sharper last night than previously this season, so i guess its a case of keeping him in the team and waiting for that all important goal that will come eventually and spark his season.

ditto.

I just can't see the argument that the tactics were wrong when we created so many chances, enough to win 2 games let alone 1. Apparently some people don't agree that they were either chances or that we created them, but frankly if 10 chances are happening per game then I couldn't give two hoots if they are given to us on a silver platter by their defenders as long as they keep coming, which right until the last minutes of the game last night, they did

Agree to some respects, Dunc - but you can't escape the fact that we were beaten by one of the poorest sides I've seen in this league (Bridges apart).
It's the same old story - last year we were continuously "unlucky" in games and were apparently beaten each week by supposed wonder goals "you just can't cater for that, and we played really well" bleated the four-eyed jocko git week in week out. Fact is we lost again and again. It's a continuous cycle of shite.

Fact is we blew what little cash we had this summer on McAuley, Kenton, Low, Johnson and re-signing Tiatto. What a shower.
Fact is our pre-season preparation looks to have been woeful
Fact is we haven't played a decent side yet, but we will be in the bottom three after tonight's game. God help us when we come up against Brum, Cardiff, Wolves, Norwich etc etc.

Fact is we are fecked

Hughes - terrible disappointment, cannot see what he brings to the team at all at the moment doesn't seem to know or be able to play his allotted role and this season looks a yard off the pace, his corner/free kicks range from awful to poor

Thought apart from the last 20 he was ok!

As for his corners, we should/could have scored from at least 4 of his deliveries so they weren't all bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00