Thordarson link!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bangkok Blue

Someone on the Englandfans website says that Thordarson has already been interviewed about the managers job, however the club have two more candiates to interview!

His mate apprantly works for Notts County. I know Thordarson was interviewed before Levein took over so reckon this could be a runner!

pretty sure someone will be in place by the Wolves game!

Mad Biker can you confirm any of this rumour?

Bangkok Blue said:
Someone on the Englandfans website says that Thordarson has already been interviewed about the managers job, however the club have two more candiates to interview!

His mate apprantly works for Notts County. I know Thordarson was interviewed before Levein took over so reckon this could be a runner!

Last edited:
Bangkok Blue said:

pretty sure someone will be in place by the Wolves game!

Mad Biker can you confirm any of this rumour?

As far as I am aware he Is`nt even on the list, if I were a gambling man which I am most certainly not I would risk a 50p coin on Steve Cotterill !

mad biker said:
As far as I am aware he Is`nt even on the list, if I were a gambling man which I am most certainly not I would risk a 50p coin on Steve Cotterill !

I hope so MB, would be a great choice IMO.

mad biker said:

Got to try for it IMO. If he came in I think we would have a 95% chance of staying up.

Fox Fan said:
Got to try for it IMO. If he came in I think we would have a 95% chance of staying up.

He is a very good manager and what he has achieved at Burnley with the resources available has been excellent.

Well, I'm afraid I'll have to be the dissenting voice. I hate having managers I don't like and Cotterill is someone I just don't like. If he kept us up I'd be happy of course but having him as manager after that six month period or whatever doesn't appeal to me. Why? I don't know - maybe its his negative tactics or his poor signings - I didn't like him when he was here before either, slate me for that if you want, my gut feeling is that I just don't like him - the idea of him as manager doesn't excite me at all. I guess as the soul gets increasingly ripped out of football I'd just rather have a manager I like running the team, just as I'd rather have players I like even if the other ones are 'doing a job'. It's not a popularity contest of course, if he gets results no-one will care if he's not liked by some.

ETA: Actually I don't like any of the managers mentioned, bar the unrealistic ones like Lennon, maybe I'm just disillusioned with the whole thing.

Last edited:
Leigh said:
ETA: Actually I don't like any of the managers mentioned, bar the unrealistic ones like Lennon, maybe I'm just disillusioned with the whole thing.

Same here Leigh I can't get any enthusiasm for the names menitoned or the Club in general at the moment maybe when a new Manager is named I might.I know it needs to be done quickly because nothing is going to improve with R Kelly in charge,Cotterill is the best of a poor uninvigorating bunch mentioned IMO

Sorry, but I do not agree with the negativity towards Cotterill, and I certainly dont agree with the comments of poor signings and negative football.

He has inherited a side with very little resources and were perennial strugglers against relegation, now with feck all money and very little to tempt new signings to the club except his enthusiasm he has managed to turn them into possible play off contenders, in around 18 months, no mean feat.

He is a decent tactican, who knows and understands how to get the best out of his squad and to achieve results, given a better squad I am sure he would love to play more attacking football.

As for his signings, I think he has a great knack of identifing good young players from the lower leagues like Gareth O'Connor, and Jon Spicer and also being able to sign players with a point to prove and being able to get the best out of them such as Akinbiyi, James O'Connor and Jon Harley. With living in the North West, I hear a hell of a lot about this guy and I can assure it is all good.

IMO he would be an excellent choice as manager.

PFKAKTF FOX said:
Sorry, but I do not agree with the negativity towards Cotterill, and I certainly dont agree with the comments of poor signings and negative football.

He has inherited a side with very little resources and were perennial strugglers against relegation, now with feck all money and very little to tempt new signings to the club except his enthusiasm he has managed to turn them into possible play off contenders, in around 18 months, no mean feat.

He is a decent tactican, who knows and understands how to get the best out of his squad and to achieve results, given a better squad I am sure he would love to play more attacking football.

As for his signings, I think he has a great knack of identifing good young players from the lower leagues like Gareth O'Connor, and Jon Spicer and also being able to sign players with a point to prove and being able to get the best out of them such as Akinbiyi, James O'Connor and Jon Harley. With living in the North West, I hear a hell of a lot about this guy and I can assure it is all good.

Posted this, with acknowledgement, on another forum. ;)

Leigh said:
Well, I'm afraid I'll have to be the dissenting voice. I hate having managers I don't like and Cotterill is someone I just don't like. If he kept us up I'd be happy of course but having him as manager after that six month period or whatever doesn't appeal to me. Why? I don't know - maybe its his negative tactics or his poor signings - I didn't like him when he was here before either, slate me for that if you want, my gut feeling is that I just don't like him - the idea of him as manager doesn't excite me at all. I guess as the soul gets increasingly ripped out of football I'd just rather have a manager I like running the team, just as I'd rather have players I like even if the other ones are 'doing a job'. It's not a popularity contest of course, if he gets results no-one will care if he's not liked by some.

You dont really say what it is you have against him apart from his 'negitive' tactics. When he was here he did really well with the defense and stopped them leaking so many goals towards the end of the season.

PFKAKTF FOX said:

Couldn't agree more. My money went on Cotterill a few days ago at 10/1 he is now 5/1 with Mark Jarvis.

Current odds for some of the names mentioned:

Macallister 2/1
Reid 7/2
Kelly 9/2
Cotterill 5/1
Penny 8/1
Macari 16/1
Hoddle 16/1
Keegan 16/1

I believe Cotterill should be more like 2/1 so fill your boots.

He will be interviewed by the board, they liked him before and he was gutted to leave the club. I will never forget one of the last things I heard him say. "I will be back one day as manager" and he meant it.

Last edited:
PFKAKTF FOX said:

:038: :038: :038:
Good post again PF. Lets keep our fingers crossed eh?

Leigh said:

Whats he done to you then? Seems like you are ready to punch him if you see him...... come on Leigh spill the beans...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566