Thracian will be happy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steven

From the OS.

0,,10274~2743274,00.jpg

Young Star Back In Action

Alan Sheehan made his return from injury as City's under 18s drew 1-1 with Ipswich, ending their incredible seven game winning streak.

The young full-back was a second half substitute and played around 40 minutes of the contest as he looks to regain match fitness and make a bid to return to contention for Rob Kelly's first team.

The Academy side remain undefeated since January after Saturday afternoon's match which saw both sides reduced to ten men.

Last edited:
Will be interesting to see whether RK gives him a game or two in front of Nils and Brevett, I hope so because his early season performances were encouraging and i believe he could be the long term solution to a troublesome position. Also gives us a much neededdead ball option.

dpjfox said:
Also gives us a much neededdead ball option.

I agree. With Joey leaving in the summer we need to test ourselves with new corner/free kick takers. So IMO giving Sheehan a run out will not only give us a look on how he is doing, but we can see his possible dead ball skills.

Mike Hunt Smells said:
I agree. With Joey leaving in the summer we need to test ourselves with new corner/free kick takers. So IMO giving Sheehan a run out will not only give us a look on how he is doing, but we can see his possible dead ball skills.
I know we are 'safe' but is now the time to break up a winning team, a good run will give the core players that are staying for next season a much needed confidence booster. Just a thought.

Agree, the last thing we can afford to do is let the season go out on a whimper, lets maintain the momentum and hope it gives us a kickstart for next season, if these fringe players are good enough they will force their way in on merit.

PFKAKTF FOX said:
Agree, the last thing we can afford to do is let the season go out on a whimper, lets maintain the momentum and hope it gives us a kickstart for next season, if these fringe players are good enough they will force their way in on merit.
or through injuries and suspensions, there are still a few games left and both of these are likely, espcially with two games in three days next week.

watch "which game"?

Im sure giving Sheehan a run out at left back wont disrupt the team that much. When is the time right to experiment in competitive games, if not now!

With people moaning about not seeing a consistent and settled line-up a few weeks back, it seems odd that some are calling for a change to a settled side that's now getting results. I would rather see us finish the season on a high, and playing the closest side to that which will start the first game next season, in line with fcukcov and pfkaktf fox have said.

mitcho_uk said:
With Paddy Mac suspended it gives Rk the option to move nils to centre back and drop sheehan in at left back.

That would majorly harsh on Gerrbrand IMO

id like to see gerrbrand given an opportunity, looked a class act for the first few games he played. if we can retain him over the summer then centre back is looking pretty promising for us next season with a lot of competition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566