Ticket Office is Shite

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had exactly the same situation with the Ticket Office after I changed Direct Debit details. [...] If a customer makes a request to change those details in any way then the business holding them must comply.

You say you had "exactly the same situation" and then go on to describe something quite different. Nottingham bought a season ticket which he agreed to pay for by Direct Debit. He did not request the ticket office to change any details; he cancelled the DD Mandate with his bank and only told the ticket office about it afterwards (and after they would have made the request to his bank for the funds). He then asked the ticket office to charge his first payment to his card - more expense in terms of time and charges. And then to set up the Direct Debit once again for the remaining monthly payments - more time and expense.

I would have thought that he would be happy to pay the ticket office for their extra work on his behalf. Instead he chooses to complain about them whilst conveniently forgetting to mention that he didn't pay the ST D/D set-up charge in the first place.

the time and cost of a journey will probably be the same as all the hassel with email's etc

What?? Have you any idea how much a 360-mile round-trip costs?

what bout matchdays??

Why wait in lengthy queues before the match when there are various alternatives that work for most people?

Why wait in shorter queues after the game when it will cause you to miss your train home?

You say you had "exactly the same situation" and then go on to describe something quite different. Nottingham bought a season ticket which he agreed to pay for by Direct Debit. He did not request the ticket office to change any details; he cancelled the DD Mandate with his bank and only told the ticket office about it afterwards (and after they would have made the request to his bank for the funds). He then asked the ticket office to charge his first payment to his card - more expense in terms of time and charges. And then to set up the Direct Debit once again for the remaining monthly payments - more time and expense.

I would have thought that he would be happy to pay the ticket office for their extra work on his behalf. Instead he chooses to complain about them whilst conveniently forgetting to mention that he didn't pay the ST D/D set-up charge in the first place.

WRONG!

Part of the Direct Debit Gurantee reads as follows:

You can cancel a Direct Debit at any time by contacting your bank or building society. We also recommend you notify the organisation concerned.

The DD was cancelled 2 days before it was due to go out, and the ticket office was e-mailed immediately.

I followed the rules of the DD Guarantee along with further e-mails to inform them, but they chose to ignore it. That is NOT my problem.

Despite them taking the money off of my debit card, they still failed to action the e-mail properly which included an instruction to re-set up my direct debit. Further still; despite a phone call from someone I regard as extremely competent 'promising' me that he personally would deal with it, once again this never happened.

On top of this they are trying to tell me I owe more than I do, and they have STILL not re-set up my DD.

Why should I waste more of time asking them for what would be the 4th time to do something they should have done over 7 weeks ago?

WRONG!

The DD was cancelled 2 days before it was due to go out, and the ticket office was e-mailed immediately.

I followed the rules of the DD Guarantee along with further e-mails to inform them, but they chose to ignore it. That is NOT my problem.

Despite them taking the money off of my debit card, they still failed to action the e-mail properly which included an instruction to re-set up my direct debit. Further still; despite a phone call from someone I regard as extremely competent 'promising' me that he personally would deal with it, once again this never happened.

On top of this they are trying to tell me I owe more than I do, and they have STILL not re-set up my DD.

Why should I waste more of time asking them for what would be the 4th time to do something they should have done over 7 weeks ago?

You want to watch city don't you :102:

Yes i know its not your fault but having said that i would want this sorted so i know i can still get in and keep my seat/s

i would go down to the walkers or get their a bit earlier Saturday and sort it out in person.

You want to watch city don't you :102:

Yes i know its not your fault but having said that i would want this sorted so i know i can still get in and keep my seat/s

i would go down to the walkers or get their a bit earlier Saturday and sort it out in person.

Ofcourse I do Newts, im just getting annoyed that i'm being labelled as someone who has messed it all up. IMO I have done more than most to try and sort it out, and I just feel that I have better things to do with my time than to constantly e-mail or phone the ticket office to continue repeating myself.

I have already e-mailed the ticket and requested Holly to call me. If after this time they do not do what I have requested, I shall go an throw myself in to the river trent!

Last edited:
I have already e-mailed the ticket and requested Holly to call me. If after this time they do not do what I have requested, I shall go an throw myself in to the river trent!

Ah well, silver linings and all that.:icon_wink Could you take a few trees with you as well, Notts?

WRONG!

You can cancel a Direct Debit at any time by contacting your bank or building society. We also recommend you notify the organisation concerned.

No - NOT WRONG

You might be covered as far as the bank and the DD Guarantee is concerned but what about the agreement you made with the ticket office. They agreed to give you a season ticket up front in exchange for your agreement to pay by Direct Debit. The agreement was not that you could cancel the Direct Debit, pay one payment by card and then ask them to set up the Direct Debit again.

You ****ed up the system you agreed to. I'm glad to see though that you are not continuing with the ridiculous assertion that you cancelled the DD accidentally.

That is NOT my problem.

Of course it's your problem. They are chasing you for money. And the situation isn't going to sort itself out.

Is this likely to be before the Leyton Orient game? If so, please give me plenty of warning so I can return your match-ticket.

No - NOT WRONG

You might be covered as far as the bank and the DD Guarantee is concerned but what about the agreement you made with the ticket office. They agreed to give you a season ticket up front in exchange for your agreement to pay by Direct Debit. The agreement was not that you could cancel the Direct Debit, pay one payment by card and then ask them to set up the Direct Debit again.

You ****ed up the system you agreed to. I'm glad to see though that you are not continuing with the ridiculous assertion that you cancelled the DD accidentally.

Of course it's your problem. They are chasing you for money. And the situation isn't going to sort itself out.

What part of me trying to contact them 3 times and them saying they will sort it out do you not ****ing understand ?

What part of me trying to contact them 3 times and them saying they will sort it out do you not ****ing understand ?

Perhaps you need to contact them and ask them why they have not done as they agreed.

Perhaps you need to contact them and ask them why they have not done as they agreed.

I did that after they never replied to my first e-mail, I did it again after they didn't reply to that e-mail, then someone called and said they would deal with it and haven't, so despite all this I still have to spend my time chasing them. I e-mailed them this morning at 9.55am and still nothing.

Are you seriously oblivious to the fact I have done more than enough to sort this matter out, and the only reason this problem remains outstanding is because of the complete incompetence of the staff at Leicester City's ticket office.

Last edited:
I got my Millwall ticket on the seat in front of my dad! Apparantly the empty seats next him have season ticket holders in them, which is odd as they haven't attended a mtach yet this season!

I did that after they never replied to my first e-mail, I did it again after they didn't reply to that e-mail, then someone called and said they would deal with it and haven't, so despite all this I still have to spend my time chasing them. I e-mailed them this morning at 9.55am and still nothing.

Are you seriously oblivious to the fact I have done more than enough to sort this matter out, and the only reason this problem remains outstanding is because of the complete incompetence of the staff at Leicester City's ticket office.

9:55 a.m.? I suspect that is your employer's time.
;-)

I also suspect that you becoming a little overwrought. I suggest you take an early dinner.

I have finally had a call from Carol at the ticket office. They haven't set the direct debit back up as I have to tell my bank to reinstate it. I tried explaining to Carol that the originator has to re-setup the DD, but she was having none of it. Having just spoken to my bank I am correct, the only way that DD can be re-setup is once they receive an instruction from Leicester City. They said had I been paying by standing order, then that is something I can do myself, but not a Direct Debit.

Carol apologised for the letter stating I owed £75, when infact it was only £37.50 and blamed the finance department for not checking my payments correctly.

Based on these facts, I am still of the opinion the ticket office is shite!

Last edited:
I have finally had a call from Carol at the ticket office. They haven't set the direct debit back up as I have to tell my bank to reinstate it. I tried explaining to Carol that the originator has to re-setup the DD, but she was having none of it. Having just spoken to my bank I am correct, the only way that DD can be re-setup is once they receive an instruction from Leicester City. They said had I been paying by standing order, then that is something I can do myself, but not a Direct Debit.

Carol apologised for the letter stating I owed £75, when infact it was only £37.50 and blamed the finance department for not checking my payments correctly.

Based on these facts, I am still of the opinion the ticket office is shite!

Finance department makes a mistake, so the ticket office is shite - that's one way of looking at it.

But what you can be sure of is that when somebody from the ticket reads your rant, every application from you in the future will go straight to the bottom of the pile.
:081:

Finance department makes a mistake, so the ticket office is shite - that's one way of looking at it.

But what you can be sure of is that when somebody from the ticket reads your rant, every application from you in the future will go straight to the bottom of the pile.
:081:

Where have I referenced the finance departments mistake means the ticket office is shite :102: I clearly said that Carol had apologised for the letter I had received stating the incorrect amount, and she had blamed the finance department for it.

The basic fact of the matter is as follows: Had the ticket office reinstated my direct debit when instructed it would never have got to this stage in the first place. The ticket office's complete inability to understand how the direct debit system works is their fault and not mine.

I understand why you feel you have to speak out for the ticket office, but I feel it would be wrong for me to post those reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669