Ticket Sales

I've just called the ticket office and the fella has confirmed this is exactly the situation.

Cough up for a membership, or **** off.

"How do we fix our problem of an aging fanbase, it is such a mystery"
I'm not sure that an "aging fanbase" is the problem. The ground is too small; we have outgrown our capacity.
I strongly believe that the proportion of the ground given over to family stand is too great. Too many free or very cheap tickets given to very young children who have little hope of getting a ticket as they get older. This seems also to be where the empty, but unusable, seats are during midweek games and other unusual times that makes attendance so difficult.
At least we don't have the problem that some clubs have of season tickets being kept on by the family of deceased persons (or I'm not aware of it if we do). Where this practice exists, it's not such a problem because their grounds are more appropriately sized.

At least we don't have the problem that some clubs have of season tickets being kept on by the family of deceased persons (or I'm not aware of it if we do). Where this practice exists, it's not such a problem because their grounds are more appropriately sized.

The club does do this.

That said I can’t really think of another business so opaque about when their product is due on sale.
You might want to examine the dark art of train ticketing. If I'd turned up at the ticket office and asked for a ticket to Euston to get to QPR, I'd have had to part with over £73 (even as a Railcard holder). Knowing the opaque bits, I was able to get away with paying just over £40.

The club does do this.
Are you sure the club does this? Or do you mean somebody in the ticket office does? I personally am aware of a season ticket holder dying recently and the club is certainly not doing it in that particular case.

Are you sure the club does this? Or do you mean somebody in the ticket office does? I personally am aware of a season ticket holder dying recently and the club is certainly not doing it in that particular case.

Point 14: https://tickets.lcfc.com/screenload...ent/documents/html/seasonticketsfaqs2324.html
If a Season Ticket Holder dies, provided that the Club is notified within the following period of three (3) months, the Season Ticket (excluding any priority points) may be transferred to an immediate family member (as determined by the Club) with the consent of the Club (such consent to be given at the Club’s absolute discretion) and upon the provision of such evidence as the Club may require, including but not limited to a copy of the Season Ticket Holder’s death certificate and confirmation from the executor of the will of the Season Ticket Holder that the family member is entitled to receive the Season Ticket. If the concession conditions are no longer satisfied an upgrade price may be required to be paid for the remainder of the Season. Pro rata refunds will only be considered and granted at the discretion of the Club on a case-by-case basis. The Season Ticket should not be used for any Matches following a Season Ticket Holder’s death unless and until the process set out in this Condition has been completed.

I'm not sure that an "aging fanbase" is the problem. The ground is too small; we have outgrown our capacity.

Nope, they won't sell to anyone even if there are empty seats, which every single game this season has had

I know a family of 4 casual fans who rocked up for the Stoke game as a treat as they had a free day. Club wanted to charge them hundreds to get in and prefered empty seats over potentially new young fans.

That's not general sale. You needed to have priority points to buy.
Alright so tweak every question I've asked to 'when is it on sale to priority points holders'

Out of curiosity, that being the case, does this not mean it is literally impossible to start getting on the ladder without buying a membership?

Alright so tweak every question I've asked to 'when is it on sale to priority points holders'

Out of curiosity, that being the case, does this not mean it is literally impossible to start getting on the ladder without buying a membership?

Yup

Nope, they won't sell to anyone even if there are empty seats, which every single game this season has had

I know a family of 4 casual fans who rocked up for the Stoke game as a treat as they had a free day. Club wanted to charge them hundreds to get in and prefered empty seats over potentially new young fans.

Quality. So if someone finally thinks 'Hey, I might see what this football thing is all about now I've moved to Leicester, but I just fancy going to one game or so' they will be shelling out £80. Yah bewteh.

Who needs new fans anyway

Tell it to the Foxes Trust, they’ll definitely sort it out for you
By this, do you mean they will "successfully manage to agree the club will only increase membership prices by 40%, not 50%, as the 2024/35 season starts"? Impact.

There is of course the 'season ticket holder guest' route.

Is this seen as a significant benefit to season ticket holders?

There's a simple solution. If you shell out £300 quid or so for a hospitality package they mysteriously stop giving a shit about who you are. I suggest stealing it.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464
10Preston 4563