Ticket Sales

It’s the nine minute gap after the eleventh identical post before going again that got me.
I was getting "Server problem. Try again later" messages. So I did.

Me too, keeps asking me to wait 15 seconds. Last time I did that I was on the end of Homer.

I was getting "Server problem. Try again later" messages. So I did.

I’ve had similar recently when liking posts.

I had that yesterday as well Jeff Jeff

Me too, keeps asking me to wait 15 seconds. Last time I did that I was on the end of Homer.

The very thought of being “on the end of Homer “ terrifies me.

I tried to buy tickets for the Huddersfield game. I had to add guests into the system, but the system wouldn't accept anything in the field for town/city. Every time I entered a town name, in the UK or in Spain, the field went blank if I hit return or the Add Now button. I emailed both support and tickets and they both replied promptly, adding the new addresses by email.
So, thank you admin people. I then bought the 6 tickets no problem, so going to my first home match since the pandemic. My last live game was Norwich away, just before the first lock-down, I hope this result is better....

It's just all about control.

I can't remember the last time I saw a genuine issue were I sit.

Stadiums are the most monitored place in the country, I find it ridiculous that they won't sell a GS ticket because they are terrified of not knowing who someone is.
There was a fight in C2 at the Leeds game, kicked off when Leeds scored. I presume a Leeds fan had celebrated their goal.

There was a fight in C2 at the Leeds game, kicked off when Leeds scored. I presume a Leeds fan had celebrated their goal.

So the backwards policy doesn't work anyway then.

We're turning away the next generation of fans for nothing

So the backwards policy doesn't work anyway then.

We're turning away the next generation of fans for nothing

Yup

I know dozens of people who are very frustrated about not being able to get to a game, many of them with youngsters who are absolutely busting to go

I buy them tickets when I can, but it’s a right ball ache

Club is ****ing this up big time

Clubs don't actually want fans at games. They regard us as a nuisance. They want us at home watching Sky & spending 60 quid on a ****ing shirt at the club shop but they don't want us in the ground. Most of us here belong to an era when gate receipts were a club's major income stream but thats a long time ago now.

Their ideal would be to have 100% season tickets so that not only would they know the identity of everyone in every seat it'd also be more likely that the entire crowd would be composed of very nice, quiet, well behaved middle class bores enjoying a very nice day of sanitised corporate entertainment in almost complete silence. Polite clapping when goals are scored. A cricket crowd essentially.

Modern football is marketed at the sort of people who would have looked at you in the 70s & 80s as if you were some sort of feral animal if you declared yourself to be a football fan. A complete coup that started in 1992 (well, 1989 really) & is almost complete.

It's the same across society really. Live music has gone the same way. So both of my lifelong passions are now in ruins.

Clubs don't actually want fans at games. They regard us as a nuisance. They want us at home watching Sky & spending 60 quid on a ****ing shirt at the club shop but they don't want us in the ground. Most of us here belong to an era when gate receipts were a club's major income stream but thats a long time ago now.

Their ideal would be to have 100% season tickets so that not only would they know the identity of everyone in every seat it'd also be more likely that the entire crowd would be composed of very nice, quiet, well behaved middle class bores enjoying a very nice day of sanitised corporate entertainment in almost complete silence. Polite clapping when goals are scored. A cricket crowd essentially.

Modern football is marketed at the sort of people who would have looked at you in the 70s & 80s as if you were some sort of feral animal if you declared yourself to be a football fan. A complete coup that started in 1992 (well, 1989 really) & is almost complete.

It's the same across society really. Live music has gone the same way. So both of my lifelong passions are now in ruins.
I agree, the life is being drained out of both in the name of control and corporate convenience. Fortunately it hasn't happened in Spain yet, the crowds are a mix of fans and are usually very passionate. In Granada the crowd are almost always singing, win or lose. One section, where the "ultras" go, never stop singing. They are ultras in name only, there is virtually no violent behaviour.
There is no alcohol for sale in Spanish stadiums, but the faithful go to bars for a few beers before and after games.

I agree, the life is being drained out of both in the name of control and corporate convenience. Fortunately it hasn't happened in Spain yet, the crowds are a mix of fans and are usually very passionate. In Granada the crowd are almost always singing, win or lose. One section, where the "ultras" go, never stop singing. They are ultras in name only, there is virtually no violent behaviour.
There is no alcohol for sale in Spanish stadiums, but the faithful go to bars for a few beers before and after games.
Unsurprising. Spain isn't England.

The English, just below the surface of modernity, are a race of servile Saxon peasants. They love conservatism & they worship conformity. It's in the DNA since 1066. It explains the appeal of people like Johnson & Farage to the working class. They miss having lords & masters & want them back.
If that actually knew people who had similar characteristics to those men in their everyday lives, they'd have nothing to do with them on a daily basis (apart from agreeing with the racist bits) But there's an inbred belief that those sorts of men should lead their country. A counter intuitive disconnect.

Sit down, shut up, do what you're told...& now attack. Give an Englishman that sort of life & they're happy as a pig in shit.
Thats why the proudest of patriots have bulldog tatoos. The perfect representation. Inbred to within an inch of it's life to the point where it can barely walk or breathe but attacks when it's master shakes it's chain.

History bears this out. Handing over football, music & your other raucous pursuits to be hollowed out & destroyed by the powers that be is just the latest chapter.

Unsurprising. Spain isn't England.

The English, just below the surface of modernity, are a race of servile Saxon peasants. They love conservatism & they worship conformity. It's in the DNA since 1066. It explains the appeal of people like Johnson & Farage to the working class. They miss having lords & masters & want them back.
If that actually knew people who had similar characteristics to those men in their everyday lives, they'd have nothing to do with them on a daily basis (apart from agreeing with the racist bits) But there's an inbred belief that those sorts of men should lead their country. A counter intuitive disconnect.

Sit down, shut up, do what you're told...& now attack. Give an Englishman that sort of life & they're happy as a pig in shit.
Thats why the proudest of patriots have bulldog tatoos. The perfect representation. Inbred to within an inch of it's life to the point where it can barely walk or breathe but attacks when it's master shakes it's chain.

History bears this out. Handing over football, music & your other raucous pursuits to be hollowed out & destroyed by the powers that be is just the latest chapter.
And forward to a Brave New World

I'd say the hollowing out of music is probably more to do with Spotify killing the purchasing of music, making gigs the only revenue stream, pushing them to mega stadiums and arenas that are soleless.

I'd say the hollowing out of music is probably more to do with Spotify killing the purchasing of music, making gigs the only revenue stream, pushing them to mega stadiums and arenas that are soleless.
Never been to an arena with sole.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363
9Middlesbro4463