Time To Deliver

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe the team is not strictly bad just that they re playing bad. IH should be given a chance, what we defo dont need is another manager. Lets build a swuad wit the young players we have.

Ah bless. The naivete of youth :icon_wink

MM is no fool. He will not have his pride and reputation destroyed. We WILL spend big money in January, we WILL get rid of the crap players and in 3 years, we WILL be in the Premiership/Premier League, W/E!!

How???
Those 'crap' players all have contracts with LCFC & no c*nt is going to come in & buy them off of us because they are 'crap'.

How???
Those 'crap' players all have contracts with LCFC & no c*nt is going to come in & buy them off of us because they are 'crap'.

But we don't want them Macky,we made mistakes when we signed them can't we just have our money back? Or just say to them ''look you aren't as good as we thought you were so go and find another club or do another job.... What your contract ? we will just rip that up and not pay you a penny,that ok ?''

But we don't want them Macky,we made mistakes when we signed them can't we just have our money back? Or just say to them ''look you aren't as good as we thought you were so go and find another club or do another job.... What your contract ? we will just rip that up and not pay you a penny,that ok ?''

We should drag them all down to the trading standards office & have them declared as not fit for the purpose that they were sold for.

But we probably didn't keep the receipt.

keep the decent young ones and few good older ones, but the rest should get their contracts ripped up and they should be thrown out of the club.
They have no respect for the club, manager or us fans and I am totally pizzed with them.

We should drag them all down to the trading standards office & have them declared as not fit for the purpose that they were sold for.

But we probably didn't keep the receipt.

I clearly remember someone asking if it would be alright to return the right-back we got as a present if someone had also got another right-back for us and the shop assistant said that would be OK.

Gareth McAuley, Patrick Kisnorbo, Richard Stearman, James Wesolowski, Stephen Clemence, Alan Sheehan, Joe Mattock, Iain Hume, Matty Fryatt, Stern John.

11 players that arguably form the backbone of the team. Does anybody seriously think these players are playing to the best of their ability?

Gareth McAuley, Patrick Kisnorbo, Richard Stearman, James Wesolowski, Stephen Clemence, Alan Sheehan, Joe Mattock, Iain Hume, Matty Fryatt, Collins John.

11 players that arguably form the backbone of the team. Does anybody seriously think these players are playing to the best of their ability?

IMO we need a left and right winger, and an attacking central midfielder. James Chambers should be fine at Right Back, Stearman should be given a break from the first team. An experience Left back would also be nice, but at least Sheehan and Mattock can rotate if thats not possible.

MM is going to have spend big to get the quality we need though, and i can't see it happening.

IMO we need a left and right winger, and an attacking central midfielder. James Chambers should be fine at Right Back, Stearman should be given a break from the first team. An experience Left back would also be nice, but at least Sheehan and Mattock can rotate if thats not possible.

MM is going to have spend big to get the quality we need though, and i can't see it happening.
That wasn't the question, are you replying to the wrong post :102:

That wasn't the question, are you replying to the wrong post :102:

No, sorry.

I don't believe they are playing to the best of their ability, but i do believe they should be good enough, with the addition of some quality in the areas i mentioned.

I Think a lot of the problem with the players attitudes is that they feel its pointless, with no attacking invention, and rarely any intent, the players we have who are any good, (All of whom bar the strikers are defensive minded) know we aren't going to win however well they do their jobs, so why bother?

If we are able to get some attacking midfielders then they might feel more confident in the teams ability to win games.

Gareth McAuley, Patrick Kisnorbo, Richard Stearman, James Wesolowski, Stephen Clemence, Alan Sheehan, Joe Mattock, Iain Hume, Matty Fryatt, Stern John.

Collins even ? Mattock,Weslowski and maybe Shhehan are young and ideally wouldn't be playing every week.Indeed this may explain why Weso is injured a lot.The others may well be playing to the best of their ability and just maybe that ability isn't good enough in a few of their cases

Sadly I think some of them are, and there's only ten anyway. :icon_bigg

I believe the team is not strictly bad just that they re playing bad. IH should be given a chance, what we defo dont need is another manager. Lets build a swuad wit the young players we have.

The League doesn't lie. :icon_sad:

In my opinion, half our current problem is the constant pressure to 'deliver'. We're a shambles, wrecked by a constant stream of drama's and catastrophe's. We've changed personnel, both on the field and off it, so frequently that many of us wouldn't recognise many of our players/coaches if we fell over them.

This is bound to have an effect. Our players cannot be judged by their current performances. Many of them have proved that they are capable of more than they have delivered here under a variety of managers with different styles and approaches.

I think that we have to hit rock bottom and accept that we're a train wreck. I don't mean accept relegation. I don't mean change the players or management. We just have to give up swimming against the tide and start again.

Essentially, I think that's what IH is doing. He inherited a squad that were well organised and not getting beaten, but they were also papering over very wide cracks. He seems to have accepted the cracks are there and taken a bloody great hammer to them. He is prepared to lose games in pursuit of some home truths about what we've really got and what we're currently capable of. That's the basic difference between him and GM. He will then take the wreckage that he feels is not beyond repair, buy in some people who will not necessarily have 'special' talent but will have a 'special' attitude that is desperately required, and start again.

In that context, losing to Hull etc is not especially devastating. It's just harsh to see the reality of the mess we're in. A squad of half-wit goalkeepers, right backs, kids and strikers with precious little else. Things will improve soon enough though. The less pressure to deliver they have, the quicker it will happen.

I think some of them are probably playing to the best of there ability, Unfortunately i think we have a prety poor side overall with maybe 3 or 4 players that could actualy improve, if we brought in some quality players around them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669