Time To Deliver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goals conceeded per game:

Allen = 1
Megson = 0.89
Holloway = 1.43

Megson has the best defensive record, whilst Holloway has the worst.

Anybody disagree?

So then melts, as someone who took the piss out of a lot of people for being very enthusiastic about MA and quuestioned many of his methods and actions can you answer me why you treated Megson differently, because from what i can see MA is the best man so far.

So then melts, as someone who took the piss out of a lot of people for being very enthusiastic about MA and quuestioned many of his methods and actions can you answer me why you treated Megson differently, because from what i can see MA is the best man so far.
Likewise, and I would have to confess to being surprised at how good MA's record is.

So it's no susprise that Megson got grief then is it when his record is worse than Martin Allen's.

I'm surprised nobody has thrown these stats at me before now when I have been questioning the poor treatment of Megson.

This is just another reason to not judge stats, they often lie as do these.

It's nonsense to compare the managers IMO. None of them have had long enough to be able to be judged as managers in their own right.

This is just another reason to not judge stats, they often lie as do these.

It's nonsense to compare the managers IMO. None of them have had long enough to be able to be judged as managers in their own right.

Thank god.

Although I sincerely hope, for the sake of our club, that Ollie does. For the record, I had hoped GM had too.

Why don't we just compare first games in charge? It seems as valid as any other statistical analysis of managerial success this season.
Why not, everybody was judging Ollie after his first game when he had a 100% record and claiming him him to be the new messiah and just what the club needed right then.

So why is his seventh game too soon?

It's the bloody inconsistency and lack of equality from you lot that really confuses the hell out of me sometimes.

Last edited:
We need a settled, smaller squad. All the teams that are up the top have been playing together for a number of years, whilst we are still trying to find our strongest 11!

IMO we won't see a considerable rise up the table for at least 12-18 months, as it stands I would be delighted if we stay up this season and then look to improve on that the following, not the play-offs, just a top half finish. We should look to keep the core of the team, like the players Jeff mentioned, and then add one or two good players at a time, instead of 5 or 6 average players. Look at Ipswich this season, for the past 3 or 4 they have been short of the play-offs but they have a settled team now and have allowed their youngsters to mature into quality players. They all have a good understanding of each other and are now one of the top teams in the league. IMO we could easily emulate this with our current crop of youngsters. I'm pretty sure it was Ipswich who won the youth league about 3 or 4 years ago so give ours sometime and they will develop into decent players!

You can't turn a team from relegation battlers into promotion chasers over night and I find it really strange that Meeelan is persisting in trying to do so as he should know, it took him 7 years to get Pompy into the Prem!

Why not, everybody was judging Ollie after his first game when he had a 100% record and claiming him him to be the new messiah and just what the club needed right then.

So why is his seventh game too soon?

It's the bloody inconsistency and lack of equality from you lot that really confuses the hell out of me sometimes.
Sorry?

"You lot"?

I called your stats a pile of wank, that's all.

And they are.

Melts, we are getting worse for the same reason that you don't pick scabs.

It hasn't.

FACT: IH is our manager now, and we all need to hope he can rescue this flailing football club. That's just it really, end of. Stats are shit.
You're right alex, all that's important is the future and not the past. But for me I like to see people treated equally.

And sometimes I find the behaviour of our fans for treating people differently because of their history or what they look like truly, truly sickening.

Maybe this has caused me to "rebel" against the tide of favouritism displayed by our fans as I usually find it unjust, very unjust.

I didnt like Megson one bit. For no other reason that the fact he dished up the worst football I have ever seen a Leicester City side play.

Melts, your point is a good one. However, it's been expressed a lot now, and I think that anyone narrow-minded enough to boo Gary Megson need to look at what the ginger one is achieving up the road in Bolton to see how wrong they were.

Megson is a good manager, however I also agree with Jeff, I am not a great fan in his style of play. For the record, I don't actually know IH's. Time will tell.

You're right alex, all that's important is the future and not the past. But for me I like to see people treated equally.

And sometimes I find the behaviour of our fans for treating people differently because of their history or what they look like truly, truly sickening.

Maybe this has caused me to "rebel" against the tide of favouritism displayed by our fans as I usually find it unjust, very unjust.

You're not a natural ginger and dye your hair by any chance Melton? :102:

Megson has gone, get over it, just like we were told to get over MA2! :056:

Megson has gone, get over it, just like we were told to get over MA2! :056:
I'm not a Megson fan, I never have been and never will be.

Again, the stupid people can't see what I'm trying to say through their blinkers.

I didnt like Megson one bit. For no other reason that the fact he dished up the worst football I have ever seen a Leicester City side play.
I'm torn - Megson set his stall out to not go for the win, which was shit but we didn't get humiliated. It was a dire spectacle but not a humiliating one.

Allen had the benefit of 'hope for the season' whereas now we just witness a team that lose all self-belief a matter of minutes into the match. They would be playing the same for any manager not adopting Megson-style tactics.

Personally, I think it's a load of cock to try and assess a manager without having given him a decent crack of the whip...and the last one that falls into that category is Kelly.

If someone cares to prod me in February then I'll give my assessment of Holloway. As it stands I hope he can make a stab at it but I have no feelings either way as to whether he will succeed.

Again, the stupid people can't see what I'm trying to say through their blinkers.

OI!!! I'm stupid yet I've understood exactly the point you've been making.

Maybe you could do a statistical analysis of who does & doesn't understand you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669