Time To Deliver

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would respect Holloway much more for admitting he's got a few things wrong, like ringing so many changes when we need some stability in the starting 11 and letting them work with each other for a few weeks

I think he realised before he started that we were seriously underperforming and he wanted to know what the fringe players could do so he threw them in to see.

A risky policy I grant you, but, if that meant we lost a few and played shite for a few I would have taken that if it meant we had the right players in the right positions by Christmas to start turning our season round. Sadly this is not the case.

I reckon all it has actually done is to prove we need some better ones in during January.

My initial thought is that MA played the most succesful attacking football, whilst Holloway played the least succesful attacking football.

Anybody disagree?

Loss rate:

Holloway is so far the easiest Manager to beat.

Anybody disagree?

Goals Difference

Allen has the best goalscoring/goal conceding ratio, whilst Holloway has the worst.

Anybody disagree?

Goals scored per game:

Allen has the best goals per game ratio, whilst unsurprisingly Megson has the worst.

Anybody disagree?

Goals conceeded per game:

Megson has the best defensive record, whilst Holloway has the worst.

Anybody disagree?

Average points per game

Allen has the best points per game ratio, whilst Holloway has the worst.

Anybody disagree?

You can prove anything with statistics.

Notice you haven't produced any that prove which of them had the funniest after-match quips :icon_wink

Likewise, and I would have to confess to being surprised at how good MA's record is.

Take away the Watford figures and it would look so different. Never forget we lost at home to Blackpool FFS!!

The one thing that the earlier statistics does prove is that IH needs to get his finger out, and do it quickly.

Right, I'll try to form an opinion as I break this down bit by bit.

Win rate:

Allen = 50%
Megson = 33%
Holloway = 14%

I don't think its a just down to the manager, but the order around which they are appointed. The beginning of the season Allen has time to work with his players and fans are excited and hopefully about the season ahead.

Megson stepped into a difficult position and did well to steady the ship. No one could have thought that he would only have been here 6 weeks. And that i going to have a huge affect on the club and fans. Not just the players but the whole mood of the club.

Holloways came in and had no time at all to work with his players as there's be constant midweek games. He's also in a position where the club is generally on a downer. All the optimism of the pre-season has disappeared and every is very much just hoping we stay up (or is that me!)

I don't think you can look at the different manager situations without taking into account other aspects of the clubs position.

I don't think its a just down to the manager, but the order around which they are appointed. The beginning of the season Allen has time to work with his players and fans are excited and hopefully about the season ahead.

Megson stepped into a difficult position and did well to steady the ship. No one could have thought that he would only have been here 6 weeks. And that i going to have a huge affect on the club and fans. Not just the players but the whole mood of the club.

Holloways came in and had no time at all to work with his players as there's be constant midweek games. He's also in a position where the club is generally on a downer. All the optimism of the pre-season has disappeared and every is very much just hoping we stay up (or is that me!)

I don't think you can look at the different manager situations without taking into account other aspects of the clubs position.

Great post :038:

Does that mean you will be happy if his "current form" continues for another 1/2 months.
I'm not happy with this season so far, the one's that went before it or the remainder of this one (in all probability). This has absolutely nothing to do with statistics.

What is your point?

Holloway does not have to put his finger in, pull it out or shake it wildly at the crowd. He has to restructure the squad for the medium to long term future and this will mean suffering more than the odd piss-poor display in the future.

I'm not happy with this season so far, the one's that went before it or the remainder of this one (in all probability). This has absolutely nothing to do with statistics.

What is your point?

Holloway does not have to put his finger in, pull it out or shake it wildly at the crowd. He has to restructure the squad for the medium to long term future and this will mean suffering more than the odd piss-poor display in the future.

I pointed out that IH needs to get his finger out and improve his "statistics", which you seemed to dissagree with.

Well if his "statistics" do not improve we, and most probably IH, will sink faster than the titanic.

I pointed out that IH needs to get his finger out and improve his "statistics", which you seemed to dissagree with.

Well if his "statistics" do not improve we, and most probably IH, will sink faster than the titanic.

Quite slowly then?

Maybe leaving his finger in would prevent any sinking from taking place? I'd love to see the stats that support that scenario.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669