Title Challenge?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spurs really are getting on my tits now.

Spurs and I have long relationship. it stems from losing the FA Cup final all those years ago when we played with 10 men for eighty odd minutes after one of the worst tackles I have ever seen. We had eleven players on the pitch but only ten where fit, no substitutes back then.I have truly hated that club ever since. I will dream of winning the Title, but I will not believe it until the trophy is in the hands of the Godfather, but what glorious revenge it would be after all these years.. I will keep on dreaming.

+1

We need Arsenal to smash the shit out of Spurs and stop their momentum.

Would be nice if West Ham could do likewise on Wednesday too.
But that could start Arsenal off on a run.

Draw all day for me.

But that could start Arsenal off on a run.

Draw all day for me.

The Arse still have to go to Everton (bit meh tho), West Ham & Man City as well so they'll definitely be dropping points before the end of the season.

The Spurs parade is gathering serious momentum at the moment, it needs a steamy, yellow, hangover piss on it ASAP.

Not sure which you're asking why a draw would be fantastic or why I'd fancy spurs so will answer both.

1 point for each of our rivals will enable us to widen the gap should we beat Watford. A win for arsenal whilst not the end of the world could potentially galvanise their squad again. No doubt we'd see more dressing room selfies

If Spurs win I seriously would fancy them. Like us they've gone under the radar for much of the season but along with us they've been the most consistent team in the league. Yes they have a more congested fixture list but I think Dortmund will knock them out of the Europa and they are now out of the FA cup and so they could too be just concentrating on the league soon. Arsenal fixture aside, I can't see them losing any other games this season. Beat Arsenal and I really think they'll be tough to out score in terms of points by the end of the campaign. Not saying it's impossible.

Listened to Saturday’s game on the radio …was agony, frustrating, emotionally paralysing and eventually exhilarating… I’m confident City would’ve achieved my 3 – 0 prediction but the spoiler ref blew for time after just the one goal! Still, either way we still got the full 3 points, and Norwich got Norfolkin points!

Later having had some recovery time I remembered there was a late game on so thought I’d check the scores… and bugger me it was 3 – 0 to our next relegation rivals! Then after seeing that even Piss-full Chalice managed to score twice I began to feel a little calmer and regain some perspective. Having watched the highlights, listened to various analysis and booked another session with the shrink, I was on the verge of deciding that the only way to get through this stubborn bubble was to not listen to or watch the remaining games, and basically become an ostrich until the end of the season, when I could finally lift my head out of the sand and have all my life long ingrained pessimisms confirmed!

Sunday I was working (…no I’m not a vicar!), my Arse mate said he didn’t want to know the days scores but would just watch the highlights ‘live’ on MOTD2, which suited the pessimistic me just fine. Got home about 6pm, but only saw the results by accident at 8pm o_O …about 4am I finally peeled myself off the ceiling and decided that no matter what happens between now and the end of this season I want to drink it in… yes I really want to put myself through the wringer, I want to ride every high, I want to climb every mountain! I’ve done the other stuff more than karma can compensate for over the years. And whether we win the bloody thing or not there will be tears, there will be pride, and nobody will say “who?” when I tell them where I’m from and who my team are. We’ll still be in the Prem£££ next season and should at least be invading some evolution forsaken part of Europe.

When I think back to the end of last season, the tension was incredible, even more so as results started to go our way and hope started to build and take hold, no one I knew expected us to actually do it, and even though I believed we could… well, we’re Leicester City… something’s bound to go wrong! But we did do it, and not on the final day either, but with points to spare, and without the last game fears or being reliant on other teams results. :cool:

This season we have an intelligent Italian in charge (…some would say it was another intelligent Italian who was the catalyst for last season’s heroics), we’ve improved massively at the back as the season has gone on, we’ve got more than just the two ‘superstars’ scoring goals, we have players on the bench who can come on and change the game, and we have supporters at the KP on a match day who can be heard in Nottingham and Derby! And we have the perfect smokescreen… ‘little old plucky Leicester City’.

Yes the pressures are different this season, I’m not superstitious, but there seems to be a certain serendipity (I won’t temp more than that!), call it what you will, but I’ve never known or felt anything quite like it at Leicester. We have a bunch of players who’ve worked their bollocks off, had tough breaks in the past, been generally looked down on by the ‘elites’, and are still considered to be a bunch of ‘misfits’, but they deserve every plaudit for their efforts and achievements as a team. More than anything …if we do win ‘Gary Lineker’s Pants’, the romantic in me thinks it would be fitting if the goal that does it is scored by Andy King (the only player in the squad with his name on every shirt)… off his shin!

So bring on our next challenge, I’d happily take a 1 – 0 (it’s still only 3 points). West Bomb will give us another tough game, and with Kante out we could be perceived as being easy pickings… so could easily be another 3 – 0 one nil lucky scraped win that will further confirm Londun’s undoubted dominance of world futball (...they’ve already won it you know!) :rolleyes:

Listened to Saturday’s game on the radio …was agony, frustrating, emotionally paralysing and eventually exhilarating… I’m confident City would’ve achieved my 3 – 0 prediction but the spoiler ref blew for time after just the one goal! Still, either way we still got the full 3 points, and Norwich got Norfolkin points!

Later having had some recovery time I remembered there was a late game on so thought I’d check the scores… and bugger me it was 3 – 0 to our next relegation rivals! Then after seeing that even Piss-full Chalice managed to score twice I began to feel a little calmer and regain some perspective. Having watched the highlights, listened to various analysis and booked another session with the shrink, I was on the verge of deciding that the only way to get through this stubborn bubble was to not listen to or watch the remaining games, and basically become an ostrich until the end of the season, when I could finally lift my head out of the sand and have all my life long ingrained pessimisms confirmed!

Sunday I was working (…no I’m not a vicar!), my Arse mate said he didn’t want to know the days scores but would just watch the highlights ‘live’ on MOTD2, which suited the pessimistic me just fine. Got home about 6pm, but only saw the results by accident at 8pm o_O …about 4am I finally peeled myself off the ceiling and decided that no matter what happens between now and the end of this season I want to drink it in… yes I really want to put myself through the wringer, I want to ride every high, I want to climb every mountain! I’ve done the other stuff more than karma can compensate for over the years. And whether we win the bloody thing or not there will be tears, there will be pride, and nobody will say “who?” when I tell them where I’m from and who my team are. We’ll still be in the Prem£££ next season and should at least be invading some evolution forsaken part of Europe.

When I think back to the end of last season, the tension was incredible, even more so as results started to go our way and hope started to build and take hold, no one I knew expected us to actually do it, and even though I believed we could… well, we’re Leicester City… something’s bound to go wrong! But we did do it, and not on the final day either, but with points to spare, and without the last game fears or being reliant on other teams results. :cool:

This season we have an intelligent Italian in charge (…some would say it was another intelligent Italian who was the catalyst for last season’s heroics), we’ve improved massively at the back as the season has gone on, we’ve got more than just the two ‘superstars’ scoring goals, we have players on the bench who can come on and change the game, and we have supporters at the KP on a match day who can be heard in Nottingham and Derby! And we have the perfect smokescreen… ‘little old plucky Leicester City’.

Yes the pressures are different this season, I’m not superstitious, but there seems to be a certain serendipity (I won’t temp more than that!), call it what you will, but I’ve never known or felt anything quite like it at Leicester. We have a bunch of players who’ve worked their bollocks off, had tough breaks in the past, been generally looked down on by the ‘elites’, and are still considered to be a bunch of ‘misfits’, but they deserve every plaudit for their efforts and achievements as a team. More than anything …if we do win ‘Gary Lineker’s Pants’, the romantic in me thinks it would be fitting if the goal that does it is scored by Andy King (the only player in the squad with his name on every shirt)… off his shin!

So bring on our next challenge, I’d happily take a 1 – 0 (it’s still only 3 points). West Bomb will give us another tough game, and with Kante out we could be perceived as being easy pickings… so could easily be another 3 – 0 one nil lucky scraped win that will further confirm Londun’s undoubted dominance of world futball (...they’ve already won it you know!) :rolleyes:
Which intelligent Italian last season?

Which intelligent Italian last season?
Probably the intelligent Argentinian non-Italian Italian. He's magic you know.
Yep that's the one...!! :oops: Got a bit carried away there... ;)

Have the same problem with some bloke called Mahrez the Algerian French ostrich herder currently playing for some club called Barceleicster... although some people seem to think he's Brazilian! ...Or was that his pubes?

...time for me medication again :cool:

The loss against Arsenal was the start of a terrible run I thought, but so relieved to get the win against Norwich. Norwich were decent with the pacey forward Jerome upfront it was never going to be easy, however Morgan and Huth dealt with him superbly, both centre backs for us are class acts. We could have been able to breathe a lot more if we beat, or at least drew, against Arsenal.

The loss against Arsenal was the start of a terrible run I thought, but so relieved to get the win against Norwich. Norwich were decent with the pacey forward Jerome upfront it was never going to be easy, however Morgan and Huth dealt with him superbly, both centre backs for us are class acts. We could have been able to breathe a lot more if we beat, or at least drew, against Arsenal.
The game against the holes has gone no point (literally) in harping on about it. We now play WBA another win is needed concentrate on this game not something in the past.

I have had enough today of all this 'wheels have fallen off' crap I'm getting.

In the last 5 games we have played 3 of the classic 'big' teams, 2 of which were in the league cup final, and two average prem sides.

We've won 3 games, lost one and drawn one. That's still very good form against those kind of teams!

WE're still at the top. I am starting to believe we might actually win it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669