Todays Meeting

Status
Not open for further replies.
it doesn't really matter drew, just fill in the blanks as you go along, everybody else is.

x) spiderman, batman & hamburglar are forming a consortium to make a bid but it will be dependent on securing a Japanese baseball team to use the Walkers every other wednesday afternoon

This has to be the biggest load of bollox I have ever heard, sorry Macky I can't allow myself to believe this for one minute

It's true , it was in the mockery!!

And the FT confirmed it!

Last edited:
This has to be the biggest load of bollox I have ever heard, sorry Macky I can't allow myself to believe this for one minute

it's feckin true I tells ya, I overheard a fella down the pub so it must be true.
Apparently Dracula was going to make a rival bid but he realised there was enough bloodsuckers there already

Not wanting to start another thread, would anyone riot down the City if the board continue to discredit themselves by not listening to the fans?

which fans are they supposed to be listening to? :102:

There isn't one clear concensus point of view, or am i just being momentarily sensible?

Not wanting to start another thread, would anyone riot down the City if the board continue to discredit themselves by not listening to the fans?

Well in 46 years of following City I can't recall the board listening to fans, so I think I can take this shock revalation calmly.

it's feckin true I tells ya, I overheard a fella down the pub so it must be true.
Apparently Dracula was going to make a rival bid but he realised there was enough bloodsuckers there already

Wasn't that the ' Sunday sport ' main headline:biggrin:

And dare to say we think MM needs to up his bid, which is what the directors of LCFC will tell him anyway?

Isn't the money he is offering enough for the shareholders then? I thought they had the clubs best interests at heart, not to get what they can first. Or is this not the case?

Enlighten me.

I think that is the case Drew, they want at least their money back

Your latter point answers the question, why are you telling a public forum this? whats the agenda.

The agenda is to obtain the best deal for LCFC for it's long term health.

There are too many unanswered questions currently to back any solution, so we await more information.

MM is a very clever user of the media & the tactic he is using for fans to put pressure on the shareholders to sell at a loss, so he walks away with a good financial deal for him.

Isn't the money he is offering enough for the shareholders then? I thought they had the clubs best interests at heart, not to get what they can first. Or is this not the case?

Enlighten me.

It's a question of they (vast majority of dedicated City fans) bought/invested into the club for £6.4m, don't think any investor is looking for a profit,
Do you think those who saved the club deserve to take a potential large loss, so a non City fan gets a good deal?

Would a deal be accepted if it equaled the investment of the shareholders.

One thing that i dont get is that everytime an investor pumps money in they were awarded shares, i think the original amount was something like £5,000,000. Since then another £1,6000,000 has been invested increasing the amount of shares to 6,600,000.I don't understand how you can increase the value of a company by issuing new shares.

Do you think those who saved the club deserve to take a potential large loss, so a non City fan gets a good deal?

But the board have maintaned that the club comes first. By asking for more they risk getting nothing and as some shareholders have suggesed they didn't expect to receive their 'investments' back.

It appears to me they have a conflict of interests.

Last edited:
But the board have maintaned that the club comes first. By asking for more they risk getting nothing and as some shareholders have suggesed they didn't expect to receive their 'investments' back.

It appears to me they have a conflict of interests.

Without these people there would be no Liecster City to be brought. They deserve their money back. End of.

Last edited:
It's a question of they (vast majority of dedicated City fans) bought/invested into the club for £6.4m, don't think any investor is looking for a profit,

"Deserving" a loss is a harsh way to put it. Willing to accept one for the good of the club? Yes, they should be, as Foxes Fans. It's obvious they can't get us out of the situation we're currently in and therefore potentially stand to lose ALL their money in the long run (if we don't get the investment they're holding out for). Surely taking a reasonable amount now (albeit only half) of what was a "saving" gesture is better than taking none? Especially when it's to someone who can afford to take the club back to the heights it deserves to be in. The club is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it and you have to consider that by holding out for their initial stake, they could be shooting themselves (and us, the fans) in the foot in the long term....

Would a deal be accepted if it equaled the investment of the shareholders.

One thing that i dont get is that everytime an investor pumps money in they were awarded shares, i think the original amount was something like £5,000,000. Since then another £1,6000,000 has been invested increasing the amount of shares to 6,600,000.I don't understand how you can increase the value of a company by issuing new shares.

If the payment was upfront that would be one issue resolved, but there are other things like how the stadium would be financed which need alot more details to ensure it is in the clubs best long term interests & then there is the playing budget - It seems generally assumed that we would splash some cash in Jan if MM took over, again that is an assumption, the board need to ensure exactly what those plans are.

Its about £6.4m, over £7m shares were made available when the company was set up, but they weren't all bought.

"Deserving" a loss is a harsh way to put it. Willing to accept one for the good of the club? Yes, they should be, as Foxes Fans. It's obvious they can't get us out of the situation we're currently in and therefore potentially stand to lose ALL their money in the long run (if we don't get the investment they're holding out for). Surely taking a reasonable amount now (albeit only half) of what was a "saving" gesture is better than taking none? Especially when it's to someone who can afford to take the club back to the heights it deserves to be in. The club is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it and you have to consider that by holding out for their initial stake, they could be shooting themselves (and us, the fans) in the foot in the long term....

6 mill is exceptionally cheap for this football club. Thats why hes trying to buy us and not anyone else. Its also why we have 4 + parties intrested instead of non.

If the payment was upfront that would be one issue resolved, but there are other things like how the stadium would be financed which need alot more details to ensure it is in the clubs best long term interests & then there is the playing budget - It seems generally assumed that we would splash some cash in Jan if MM took over, again that is an assumption, the board need to ensure exactly what those plans are.

Its about £6.4m, over £7m shares were made available when the company was set up, but they weren't all bought.

What could the club do though if MM gave assurances, but then decided not to carry them through? Nothing I expect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669