todays rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
This season is a bridge too far IMO but next season if we keep the nucleus of the squad together we could give it a real go. We can take heart from the trend of sides going up from the this division who have been building for a few seasons rather than teams bouncing straight back after relegation.

Fukking hell Duzza, have you been reading John Motsons Book of Rubbish Cliches

Last edited:
Durham Fox said:
This season is a bridge too far IMO but next season if we keep the nucleus of the squad together we could give it a real go. We can take heart from the trend of sides going up from the this division who have been building for a few seasons rather than teams bouncing straight back after relegation.

Disagree. We only have to show the same level of performance as that we got once RK came to the helm. ;)

Durham Fox said:
Well I disagree with you disagreeing :)
Well I disagree with you disagreeing with Steven as me and and Steven now agree on everything.

Aint that right you hompophobic, racist, cripple hater :icon_wink :icon_bigg

Melton Fox said:
Well I disagree with you disagreeing with Steven as me and and Steven now agree on everything.

Aint that right you hompophobic, racist, cripple hater :icon_wink :icon_bigg

I disagree. :icon_wink

People who are harbouring genuine promotion hopes - How long do you give Kelly before he is under achieving??

Durham Fox said:
People who are harbouring genuine promotion hopes - How long do you give Kelly before he is under achieving??
I have genuine promtion hopes. My definition of under achieving is not acheiving the play offs. But 6-10 although not ideal, is in fairness a massive improvement

Under achieving is difference from incompetence and an inability to do his job properly.

His job is only in jeopardy with a bottom half finish and a lacklustre squad.

I only ask as I wonder if a wave of promotion expectation this season is going to undermine our building under kelly.

Durham Fox said:
I only ask as I wonder if a wave of promotion expectation this season is going to undermine our building under kelly.

That will be next season :icon_roll

Durham Fox said:

IMO Kelly is building like you have said ;) here comes the but.........if we do find our selfs in the top six he will push us through as best he can ,Kelly is very smiler to MON in his style of management start at the back and work through the team if he can do this with the lads we have got and just brought in, just think what he mite be able to with all the money going up involves this could be our year we will have to wait and see

Last edited:
I don't think there is any undue expectation or pressure on Kelly to achieve promotion this season, however the achievements of Watford and PNE last season have certainly given us hope of what can be achieved with a lot of hard work, good organisation, some early season momentum and a little bit of luck.

Whilst we have to be realistic, there is certainly no reason for us to go into the season believing that the play offs or promotion are completely out of our capabilities. IMO a bottom half finish similar to the previous 2 seasons, given the resources available would represent failure.

PFKAKTF FOX said:
I don't think there is any undue expectation or pressure on Kelly to achieve promotion this season, however the achievements of Watford and PNE last season have certainly given us hope of what can be achieved with a lot of hard work, good organisation, some early season momentum and a little bit of luck.

Whilst we have to be realistic, there is certainly no reason for us to go into the season believing that the play offs or promotion are completely out of our capabilities. IMO a bottom half finish similar to the previous 2 seasons, given the resources available would represent failure.

I agree. I'd accept just a top half place, but worse than that would be disappointment and underachieving. That said, I wouldn't want RK out for it. I expect us to finish top half this season and at least have a chance at going for the playoffs. I think with a bit of luck, we could finish in the playoff places this season with the squad we've got, but we're 1 or 2 decent signings (LW a must, and a LB second) from being really serious contenders..

Graz said:
I agree. I'd accept just a top half place, but worse than that would be disappointment and underachieving. That said, I wouldn't want RK out for it. I expect us to finish top half this season and at least have a chance at going for the playoffs. I think with a bit of luck, we could finish in the playoff places this season with the squad we've got, but we're 1 or 2 decent signings (LW a must, and a LB second) from being really serious contenders..

If we are not top-six by Christmas I want him out :icon_wink

beighton155 said:
If we are not top-six by Christmas I want him out :icon_wink
If we are not mathematically sure of automatic promotion by Christmas I'd have him out on his ear!;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669