Todays transfer rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Inzale Mcleod, according to sky we've made a £800,000 bid to MK Dons

Think it was just the paper talk bit they do on sky sports news, said it was in the mirror that we'd put an £800,000 bid in for Mcleod. probably sign him today now i've said that!!

Don't go putting Hellings into your prospective opening day team (I think one or two people have done so on this thread), forget his Ajax connection... He has gone really down hill and ended up on amateur terms at his last club! He will, or should be, a squad/reserve player who will have to significantly raise his game to prove himself & break into the team. His career is at the crossroads and Leicester is the last chance saloon for him. I would be very suprised, and disappointed if LCFC do not sign at least 2 more footballers to fill the midfield ahead of him. Hellings, like Cort, are speculative punts by Allen who could pay off if they raise their game and stay clear of injury respectively. If they don't, LCFC fans may well use some rhyming slang for them very quickly.

Don't go putting Hellings into your prospective opening day team (I think one or two people have done so on this thread), forget his Ajax connection... He has gone really down hill and ended up on amateur terms at his last club! He will, or should be, a squad/reserve player who will have to significantly raise his game to prove himself & break into the team. His career is at the crossroads and Leicester is the last chance saloon for him. I would be very suprised, and disappointed if LCFC do not sign at least 2 more footballers to fill the midfield ahead of him. Hellings, like Cort, are speculative punts by Allen who could pay off if they raise their game and stay clear of injury respectively. If they don't, LCFC fans may well use some rhyming slang for them very quickly.

Smellings and Snort ???

You know a lot about him then?

Homer: I was thinking of rhyming slang for 'speculative punts', but I like your suggestion better
Beighton: Well, I've tracked his career by just reading up on what the mercury & the offical site have told us. These sources obviously highlighted that he'd been at Ajax & were low key about his last club & the amateur terms matter, but they did report it in black and white. His last club was thus a definate step down including going onto amateur terms. Thus if his career has gone, since Ajax as a youngster, on a downward slide with your previous club having you as an amateur then I think it fair to conclude his game has gone seriously downhill, his career seriously tits up - and Allen is just taking a speculative punt (that word again) that he might rediscover his form - but no harm done if he doesn't. There will be several midfielders to choose from with little or no reliance on this guy.

Homer: I was thinking of rhyming slang for 'speculative punts', but I like your suggestion better
Beighton: Well, I've tracked his career by just reading up on what the mercury & the offical site have told us. These sources obviously highlighted that he'd been at Ajax & were low key about his last club & the amateur terms matter, but they did report it in black and white. His last club was thus a definate step down including going onto amateur terms. Thus if his career has gone, since Ajax as a youngster, on a downward slide with your previous club having you as an amateur then I think it fair to conclude his game has gone seriously downhill, his career seriously tits up - and Allen is just taking a speculative punt (that word again) that he might rediscover his form - but no harm done if he doesn't. There will be several midfielders to choose from with little or no reliance on this guy.

Sounds like you have put in roughly the same level of detailed research as Rob Kelly probably did with his signings.

Until I have seen him play I will reserve judgement.

bowyer, sinclair, mcleod, kaebi, holland, saganowski, best: all not signed yet because they would require either fees or decent wages.

and every time there's an announcement it's someone else who's a 'squad' player.

come on Mandy, there's no point being 'witty and good in the papers' if all we sign are other teams free agents.

Another 3,000 season ticket holders (slight upsurge in support due to team strengthening) would be circa £750,000. add that to McCarthy's fee and you could buy Mcleod and Saganowski outright without making a dent in the coffers.

Signed on frees, Sinclair and Bowyer's wages could be paid for out of the combined wages of all the shite we've got rid of.

All of a sudden we'd have a half decent team to look forward to.

now i like that way of thinking:icon_bigg

bowyer, sinclair, mcleod, kaebi, holland, saganowski, best: all not signed yet because they would require either fees or decent wages.

and every time there's an announcement it's someone else who's a 'squad' player.

come on Mandy, there's no point being 'witty and good in the papers' if all we sign are other teams free agents.

Another 3,000 season ticket holders (slight upsurge in support due to team strengthening) would be circa £750,000. add that to McCarthy's fee and you could buy Mcleod and Saganowski outright without making a dent in the coffers.

Signed on frees, Sinclair and Bowyer's wages could be paid for out of the combined wages of all the shite we've got rid of.

All of a sudden we'd have a half decent team to look forward to.

who will pay his solicitors fees :102:

Don't go putting Hellings into your prospective opening day team (I think one or two people have done so on this thread), forget his Ajax connection... He has gone really down hill and ended up on amateur terms at his last club!
He was in the Dutch under 21s a couple of years ago. How bad can he be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669