Tommy Doherty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Docherty

Steven said:
dpjfox said:
He is by far their best player, why would a new manager want to sell his best asset, or maybe the proposed sale was the reason Danny Wilson decidedto leave.
Iwatched the pla
y-off final and noticed that everything revolved around him ala Muzzy, I also remember the commontator saying that he has seen him many times and that he is improving with every game
He is IMO the type of player that MA should and indeed promised to bring in. A slight gamble but we need youth, and the hope that some will turn out to be a "Muzzy"

We need to sign players that will grow up into PL players. They must show enough now to give confidence that it will happen, like Izzet, Lennon et al., and not like Marshall, Benjamin et al. :wink:

Who is al?

Joe_Fox said:
Steven said:
dpjfox said:
He is by far their best player, why would a new manager want to sell his best asset, or maybe the proposed sale was the reason Danny Wilson decidedto leave.
Iwatched the pla
y-off final and noticed that everything revolved around him ala Muzzy, I also remember the commontator saying that he has seen him many times and that he is improving with every game
He is IMO the type of player that MA should and indeed promised to bring in. A slight gamble but we need youth, and the hope that some will turn out to be a "Muzzy"

We need to sign players that will grow up into PL players. They must show enough now to give confidence that it will happen, like Izzet, Lennon et al., and not like Marshall, Benjamin et al. :wink:

Who is al?
:roll:

Steven said:
Joe_Fox said:
Steven said:
dpjfox said:
Iwatched the pla

Who is al?
:roll:

Sorry Steve, couldn't resist, you ok mate? Done any java recently?
I had a cup of it earlier.

How many days til the start of the season?

These are the players we need to sign along with one or two experienced pro's. We need a player who's has cracking potential, has age on his side and is one of the best players in their current league. There's plenty of them about, they are a gamble, but if they are doing the business in the lower leagues and are young there is no reason they can't develop in to premiership players, with us being in division one it's not as big a gamble as it is when your in the premiership and depending on these players.

Get him in and Novo, Partridge, Dublin, Cullip, Harley, Hughes and a few other young'uns

Malf said:
These are the players we need to sign along with one or two experienced pro's. We need a player who's has cracking potential, has age on his side and is one of the best players in their current league. There's plenty of them about, they are a gamble, but if they are doing the business in the lower leagues and are young there is no reason they can't develop in to premiership players, with us being in division one it's not as big a gamble as it is when your in the premiership and depending on these players.

Get him in and Novo, Partridge, Dublin, Cullip, Harley, Hughes and a few other young'uns

Your analysis is absolutely correct Malf. :wink:

dave said:
Anyone saw him,what type of player is he, atacking or defensive.

I've seen him on a few occasions. A defensive midfielder who operates very much in the role of Lennon.

We need a new Lennon type of player now that McKinlay, Izzet, Freund and Davidson have all gone. We are a skeleton staffed team at the moment and need some meat on those bones!

Joe_Fox said:
We need a new Lennon type of player now that McKinlay, Izzet, Freund and Davidson have all gone. We are a skeleton staffed team at the moment and need some meat on those bones!

I remember when we all thought Junior Lewis was our new Neil Lennon after that world class performance on his home debut against Chelsea. :wink:

Scowcroft said:
Joe_Fox said:

I remember when we all thought Junior Lewis was our new Neil Lennon after that world class performance on his home debut against Chelsea. :wink:

I never believed he would ever make the grade, those long legs just didn't look comfortable. Lennon was a bit of a one-off in my opinion, that goal against York was a beamer.

Joe_Fox said:
Scowcroft said:
Joe_Fox said:

I never believed he would ever make the grade, those long legs just didn't look comfortable. Lennon was a bit of a one-off in my opinion, that goal against York was a beamer.

Oh aye i was at that game, i went on the pitch at half time, scored a couple of crackers.

rotherhamfox said:
Joe_Fox said:
Scowcroft said:
Joe_Fox said:

Oh aye i was at that game, i went on the pitch at half time, scored a couple of crackers.

I remember that, you missed a few too IIRC

Joe_Fox said:
rotherhamfox said:
Joe_Fox said:
Scowcroft said:
Joe_Fox said:

I remember that, you missed a few too IIRC

I missed none 2 out of 2, we had to run from the half way line and put it past the keeper, after scoring my second goal, chants of 'Sign him up' could be heard, true that, brought a tear to my japs eye.

rotherhamfox said:
... brought a tear to my japs eye.

Don't over use it Rovrom, it'll go sour. I remember them singing "Sign him up..." Very funny.

Joe_Fox said:
rotherhamfox said:
... brought a tear to my japs eye.

Don't over use it Rovrom, it'll go sour. I remember them singing "Sign him up..." Very funny.

Ok i'll leave it for a while, but when they were singing that i was lovin it, quality moment i will always remember.

rotherhamfox said:
Joe_Fox said:
Scowcroft said:
Joe_Fox said:

No f*ckin way! RovRum mate I was in goal for City at half time for that penalty shoot-out, they we're all called me a wanker so I got my bum out to them! I bet we must have met!!!!!!!

Malf said:
No f*ckin way! RovRum mate I was in goal for City at half time for that penalty shoot-out, they we're all called me a wanker so I got my bum out to them! I bet we must have met!!!!!!!

Yeah, I remember you going on about that Malf, then Rov did and I thought it must have been him who had been going on about it. You must have met, did Rov score past Malf???

Joe_Fox said:
Malf said:

Yeah, I remember you going on about that Malf, then Rov did and I thought it must have been him who had been going on about it. You must have met, did Rov score past Malf???

Was Rov taking part for York or Leicester? I was obviously City till I die like, but Rov Rum might have been on York's team with his northern links.

Malf said:
Joe_Fox said:
Malf said:

Was Rov taking part for York or Leicester? I was obviously City till I die like, but Rov Rum might have been on York's team with his northern links.

I have a no-eyed deer Malf.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758