Top of the league

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pearson For Manager Of The Month Then........................:038:

He's Got To Be Aint He?

Undefeated In League, One Goal Conceded And Nearly Turned Over Fulham.......

He Gets My Vote

Pearson For Manager Of The Month Then........................:038:

He's Got To Be Aint He?

Undefeated In League, One Goal Conceded And Nearly Turned Over Fulham.......

He Gets My Vote
If you're bringing the Fulham game into the equasion, then you have to say we've conceded 4.

But yes, MOTM I'm sure.

The last league we topped was the Premiership and we all know what happened after that so hopefully this time it will lead on to better things and greater success

Did we not top the Championship under Micky Adams? :102:

Indeed we did. 12th Apr 2003 is the last time we topped any division, Portsmouth lost 2-1 at home to Wednesday and a point at Rotherham was enough to put us top.

Still only 3 times in just under 8 years.. and in 3 different divisions :icon_eek:

1/10/2000 PL (happy birthday to me)
12/4/2003 D1 (2.5 years later)
30/8/2008 L1 (just over 5 years later)
sooo
in approximately 2018 we should top L2 :icon_wink

Oh yeah I forgot about that one and I went to the Rotherham game too where the club/sponsers had all the promotion stuff ready banners etc and they had to be put on ice, as we didn't win. We were crap at Rotherham as well and they should have beaten us

Oh yeah I forgot about that one and I went to the Rotherham game too where the club/sponsers had all the promotion stuff ready banners etc and they had to be put on ice, as we didn't win. We were crap at Rotherham as well and they should have beaten us

Remember this game too. They sold hot pork pies which turned my stomach !

Awful game and put my other half off football for good - so some positives came out of it at least.

The last league we topped was the Premiership and we all know what happened after that so hopefully this time it will lead on to better things and greater success

One of my favourite pics in the 1884 bar ... the pic of the league table with us at the top (Shame it has PT's face on it as well though)

Fcuk me i think we have a buyer for campbell! :icon_lol:

This was nice to hear from the 2nd thread;

''Leicester looked likely to score every time they attacked - the finishing was absolutely incredible (the free-kick was something special too) I was very impressed with their attacking strike force today and that will see any team promoted from L1.

After the battle we can reflect that we were punished by an excellent team, no bitterness or anger, I just feel the urge to stand up (now in my house) and applaud today's visitors.''

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669