Top of the league

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just hang in there and push on after christmas. We should have a stronger squad than most of our rivals, and i'd expect that to be more important in the 2nd half of the season.

Just hang in there and push on after christmas.
Why? We hardly need to "hang in there" after the start we've had. We should be looking to push now, and push hard.

I suspect we'll be nigh on promoted by Christmas.

Why? We hardly need to "hang in there" after the start we've had. We should be looking to push now, and push hard.

exactly............. let the other fcukers worry about playing us for a change. We are walking this league!

A win against Millwall will definitely see us top at the end of the match.

exactly............. let the other fcukers worry about playing us for a change. We are walking this league!

Feck me, you have all been taken in by the hype.
Encouraging signs maybe, but we aint that bloody good.

Feck me, you have all been taken in by the hype.
I have said this from before game 1.

I have been taken in by nothing. My opinion is also cemented by seeing the the likes of Fryatt and Howard ruin lots of goalscoring opportunities, yet we still brush teams aside.

I honestly thought we'd struggle this season, maybe quite badly.

But the fact that the lowest scoring strikeforce of the last Championship season, minus its top scorer, is now ripping League 1 apart, speaks volumes for the quality of defending in this tin pot division. I saw a few L1 games on TV last season and the football on show was pretty much bollocks.

However bad we were last season, we do still have a squad with solid Championship talent, exciting young players and well thought out new additions. I don't think the likes of Leeds, or anyone else in L1, have that strength (granted, Beckford is very good).

Even more importantly, Pearson is showing the sort of temperament required and the players are showing application and a sense of puropse for the first time in about five years. We appear to have a spirit back in the squad. Everything looks like heading in the right direction.

So I have adjusted my expectations accordingly. I'm sure there will be testing times to come this season, but I now believe we'll be in contention for automatic promotion come May.

League 1 is crap. We really should - and who knows, maybe we will - walk it.

I honestly thought we'd struggle this season, maybe quite badly.

But the fact that the lowest scoring strikeforce of the last Championship season, minus its top scorer, is now ripping League 1 apart, speaks volumes for the quality of defending in this tin pot division. I saw a few L1 games on TV last season and the football on show was pretty much bollocks.

However bad we were last season, we do still have a squad with solid Championship talent, exciting young players and well thought out new additions. I don't think the likes of Leeds, or anyone else in L1, have that strength (granted, Beckford is very good).

Even more importantly, Pearson is showing the sort of temperament required and the players are showing application and a sense of puropse for the first time in about five years. We appear to have a spirit back in the squad. Everything looks like heading in the right direction.

So I have adjusted my expectations accordingly. I'm sure there will be testing times to come this season, but I now believe we'll be in contention for automatic promotion come May.

League 1 is crap. We really should - and who knows, maybe we will - walk it.

No Leeds just have the strength to put 6 reserves out against a full Championship team(palace) and demolish them 4-0 the other week.
I doubt you beat anyone 4-0 all season last year.

No Leeds arn't that good. Im sure you will "brush us aside":081::081::081:

Ps if you were gonna walk it you would be on maximum points by now but you are in 3rd spot. Game in hand or no game in hand you are in 3rd spot!!!

Last edited:
We beat Norwich 4-0 last season and beat West Brom away 4-1 last season.

You forgot to mention Palace's use of reserves as well.

Ok lets get one thing straight.

Palace used a FULL squad against us NOT a reserve team. They had 2 changes due to two red cards the week before.

This is the squad Palace put out.

Flahavan
Erlt
Lawrence
McCarthy
Hill
Soares
Watson
Carle
Dijlali
Andrew
Moses

All 11 players have featured reguarly this season in the league.

We beat a championship team 4-0.
You havent a clue of the size of our squad have you.

The team Leeds have this season I would say are better than 8-10 championship teams right now.

Last edited:
Ok lets get one thing straight.

Palace used a FULL squad against us NOT a reserve team. They had 2 changes due to two red cards the week before.

This is the squad Palace put out.

Flahavan
Erlt
Lawrence
McCarthy
Hill
Soares
Watson
Carle
Dijlali
Andrew
Moses

All 11 players have featured reguarly this season in the league.

We beat a championship team 4-0.
You havent a clue of the size of our squad have you.

The team Leeds have this season I would say are better than 8-10 championship teams right now.

Yeah but do you think Jermaine Beckford is any good ?

No Leeds just have the strength to put 6 reserves out against a full Championship team(palace) and demolish them 4-0 the other week.
I doubt you beat anyone 4-0 all season last year.

No Leeds arn't that good. Im sure you will "brush us aside":081::081::081:

Ps if you were gonna walk it you would be on maximum points by now but you are in 3rd spot. Game in hand or no game in hand you are in 3rd spot!!!

We beat Aston Villa last season, a full squad Prem team, meant **** all though. As will your result against Palace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669