Post Match Tottenham 0 Leicester 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albrighton was immense yesterday and complimented JJ superbly the pair of them did the hard dirty work and shielded Fofana superbly.

When is Ricardo and Souyuncu likely to return to full fitness? Would like to see Thomas to be given some minutes he is possibly better than JJ going forward and would do well on the other flank ahead of Castagne.

Liverpool are miles ahead of anybody.

Chelsea’s squad is superb. Thankfully managed by Lampard.

Man City are Man City.

I think we have around the 4th best squad in the league. Our peers there are Spurs and United. It’s a testament to how well we’ve been run that we are competitive with teams that buy our best young player every summer.
I disagree with your comment about Chelsea. Yes they have very good players but they also have some limitations.

Last season, we had four good defenders - Ricardo, Soyuncu, Evans and Chilwell.
I make that three and a half. Did you miss somebody out?

Liverpool are miles ahead of anybody.

Chelsea’s squad is superb. Thankfully managed by Lampard.

Man City are Man City.

I think we have around the 4th best squad in the league. Our peers there are Spurs and United. It’s a testament to how well we’ve been run that we are competitive with teams that buy our best young player every summer.

This is pretty much what I was coming on here to say.

I'd say we are probably around 5th on squad quality. Man Utd are probably slightly ahead of us on that, but similar to your point on Chelsea, aren't managed well.

We have a better balance than Man Utd though.

Liverpool are far, far away from anyone else in the league at the minute though. No one is getting near them for the title this season.

Just wait until we lose to Utd and then people will start talking how we are serious relegation contenders next season instead.

Whilst we are only one position behind Liverpool, they are far ahead of us in terms of quality and depth.

How many of our players would seriously get in their team if they had no injuries?

Tielemans is probably the only one who would push for a start imo.
How many would get in is another story, but Soyuncu is better than Gomez, Ricardo is better than AA and Ndidi is better than Henderson. Plus Vardy would help their high pressure game as he is all about worrying defenders when he's off the ball.

Albrighton was immense yesterday and complimented JJ superbly the pair of them did the hard dirty work and shielded Fofana superbly.

When is Ricardo and Souyuncu likely to return to full fitness? Would like to see Thomas to be given some minutes he is possibly better than JJ going forward and would do well on the other flank ahead of Castagne.
I have no idea what gives you the impression Thomas is better than Justin in literally any regard.

How many would get in is another story, but Soyuncu is better than Gomez, Ricardo is better than AA and Ndidi is better than Henderson. Plus Vardy would help their high pressure game as he is all about worrying defenders when he's off the ball.
Ricardo is better than Alexander Arnold? Not on your life!

There was a criticism thrown at Rodgers when he was at Liverpool, it was that he was hopeless at strengthening their defence. I wouldn't say that's the case with Leicester, since he came to the club we've bought Justin, Castagne and Fofana and he also didn't panic when Maguire left knowing he had Soyoncu. Any defensive issues at the moment aren't down to the quality of the players.

Whilst I think Thomas could be a very good player I have to disagree with your point on him being better than JJ and to suggest Thomas should be ahead of the best team in the Worlds LB is slightly insane.

There was a criticism thrown at Rodgers when he was at Liverpool, it was that he was hopeless at strengthening their defence. I wouldn't say that's the case with Leicester, since he came to the club we've bought Justin, Castagne and Fofana and he also didn't panic when Maguire left knowing he had Soyoncu. Any defensive issues at the moment aren't down to the quality of the players.
Still, a new central defender next summer to replace Morgan would be nice. In reality we need that now but I know we probably won't buy anyone in January.

I think we are right on the verge of our team being as good as Liverpool.

We may challenge this season for the title, but if we can’t do it this year, with a couple of additions we can compete successfully next season I believe.
The key issue for City, either in January or the summer, will be to get in a new striker.

Were this niggly groin injury to last a month, I couldn't see us being in the top six when he returned. He may have been joking, but it was good that he acknowledged the passing years in his post match interview. Handled correctly, he could be a daemon sub for quite some time...

Just to let you all know that I'm $16 down on the rebooted Joe_Fox draw system....so far. Next up, a $32 bet on the draw vs Manure.

Just to let you all know that I'm $16 down on the rebooted Joe_Fox draw system....so far. Next up, a $32 bet on the draw vs Manure.

If you'd started the season with a $16 bet on a draw, and doubled it after each league game when you lost...

$16 on the WBA game
$32 Burnley
$64 Man City
$128 West Ham
$256 Villa
$512 Arsenal
$1024 Leeds
$2048 Wolves
$4096 Liverpool
$8192 Fulham
$16384 Sheff U
$32768 Brighton
$65536 Everton
$131072 Spurs

That's $262,128 you'd have lost so far, and you'd be putting $262,144 on the next game.

If you'd started the season with a $16 bet on a draw, and doubled it after each league game when you lost...

$16 on the WBA game
$32 Burnley
$64 Man City
$128 West Ham
$256 Villa
$512 Arsenal
$1024 Leeds
$2048 Wolves
$4096 Liverpool
$8192 Fulham
$16384 Sheff U
$32768 Brighton
$65536 Everton
$131072 Spurs

That's $262,128 you'd have lost so far, and you'd be putting $262,144 on the next game.

Which at 5/2 would bring in just under a million. ****ing hell Joe I can see why you came up with this. Genius.

$16 on the WBA game
$32 Burnley
$64 Man City
$128 West Ham
$256 Villa
$512 Arsenal
$1024 Leeds
$2048 Wolves
$4096 Liverpool
$8192 Fulham
$16384 Sheff U
$32768 Brighton
$65536 Everton
$131072 Spurs

What sort of nutter would start with a $16 bet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363