Post Match Tottenham 0 Leicester 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lcfc tv later. You need to register for free though
Cheers, I found them elsewhere in the meantime. Some sites geolock me.

Our performance looked, from what I saw, assured and positive. You can kind of see what Rodgers is attempting to achieve, it just goes wrong when we lose possession and get caught out. Spurs (well, JM really) thought he could play the defensive game, lock us out and hit on the counter, but they didn't appear to be organised enough to achieve the former and whilst they did have chances, they didn't take them and actually seemed to rarely challenge us.

I reckon we could have scored more, we looked the more dangerous side. And that was a cracking save from Kasper!

Please can someone confirm the system we played?

Vardy is the 1st player to score against the same opposition at 3 different grounds.
White Hart Lane, Wembley and Tottenham hotspur stadium
4 different grounds. He's also scored against them at the King Power.

New line at work today:

Attachments

• IMG-20201220-WA0007.jpg
    IMG-20201220-WA0007.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 24
If we're talking about bollocks stats.....what was the xg and xa for each team today?

As someone who loves the tactical side of the game may I say that was beautiful!

We bossed the midfield, Ndidi and Tielemans were fantastic, but perhaps the most import roles were played by Barnes and Albrighton.

They were sitting very narrow off the ball, making a central midfield 4 and there was no way Tottenham were getting through there, but they were also getting wide and pressing their wide men. They worked really hard, and it made Spurs look bad.

Their only option was to go direct, and Ndidi and the defence had the beating of them all afternoon.

I also liked how far forward Madison was positioning himself, his starting position was level with Vardy most of the time. It looked like Højbjerg was asked before the game to mark him, but he didn't want to go that deep, so Madison was left in space when the defence dropped off, and Højbjerg was chasing his man all night.

It really looked like Rodgers had sussed them out, and we were well prepared to exploit their weaknesses. Tactical masterclass from Brendan.

Special mention for Justin who covered so much ground, head played an awful lot of football recently, but was full of energy.

Well, we all called this result didn't we?

Payne74 did!
Spuds will just sit with 11 behind the ball watching us fanny around passing it sideways and backwards then when we try some stupid Hollywood type pass which gives possession to them they will just lob the ball to Son who will leave Fuchs on his Arse before either curling it into the net or setting Kane up for his obligatory tap in.
Then rinse and repeat.

2-0 to us then.

Yep, he's just getting better and better each week and even when we have lost, he has usually still been about the only positive.

We really need to finish in the top 4 if we want to keep hold of all of our players and be able to give them game time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566