Post Match Tottenham 0 Leicester 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
To add more about Justin - as well as he adapts to switching around, he's been better the last few weeks when he's had more time at Right Back. Definitely more effective coming forward from that side.

Great to see Brendan recognised that and kept him there to start yesterday, with Castagne coming in on the left - they'd always been the other way round when they both played before.

I think Castagne is fooking quality as well. Technically he seems way above most of the players. His passing and movement is very purposeful and snappy.

I still question Justin's defending at times, but there is no question that he is developing into a quality player in front of our eyes. For me, here is another good example of BR improving one of the squad.

Last season, we had four good defenders - Ricardo, Soyuncu, Evans and Chilwell. This season we have six - Ricardo, Soyuncu, Evans, Castagne, Fofana and Justin.

I still question Justin's defending at times, but there is no question that he is developing into a quality player in front of our eyes. For me, here is another good example of BR improving one of the squad.

Last season, we had four good defenders - Ricardo, Soyuncu, Evans and Chilwell. This season we have six - Ricardo, Soyuncu, Evans, Castagne, Fofana and Justin.
Chilwell. Good defender. :043:

I think we are right on the verge of our team being as good as Liverpool.

We may challenge this season for the title, but if we can’t do it this year, with a couple of additions we can compete successfully next season I believe.

Just wait until we lose to Utd and then people will start talking how we are serious relegation contenders next season instead.

Whilst we are only one position behind Liverpool, they are far ahead of us in terms of quality and depth.

How many of our players would seriously get in their team if they had no injuries?

Tielemans is probably the only one who would push for a start imo.

I think we are right on the verge of our team being as good as Liverpool.

We may challenge this season for the title, but if we can’t do it this year, with a couple of additions we can compete successfully next season I believe.
I think we are on the verge of being very hard to score against which will mean we approach games with that Liverpool level of confidence they got when Van Dijk came in.
To capitalise on that - maddison tielemans Barnes and 1 other need to become as ruthless as Vardy or as near as dammit. Not sure who out of Albrighton, Under or Perez can step up to that challenge or if someone else will need to come in at some point.
Way more confident in our chances as we see some big hitters come back into an already strong squad....the injury crisis could have been the making of the squad in a weird way.

10th place is also only 6 points behind us, with most teams below with a game in hand.

I'd say we aren't even guaranteed top 6 at the moment, obviously in a good position, but still a hell of a long way to go in what is a very tightly contested league.

I think Soyuncu, Pereira, Ndidi, Tielemans, Maddison, Vardy would all be in the match day squad for Liverpool if not pushing the starting XI

And Fofana, Castagne, Justin and Evans would be super pissed off if they weren't!

The main difference between our players and Liverpools is mentality and possibly desire.

Until we get consistency we will struggle for top 6 let alone top 4. And as for challenging Liverpool well that is just madness.

We played Liverpool a few weeks ago - they made us look like a ****ing pub team FFS

Liverpool are miles ahead of anybody.

Chelsea’s squad is superb. Thankfully managed by Lampard.

Man City are Man City.

I think we have around the 4th best squad in the league. Our peers there are Spurs and United. It’s a testament to how well we’ve been run that we are competitive with teams that buy our best young player every summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4282
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Preston 4364