Match Thread Tottenham v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barnes shoots....straight at the keeper. I’m so glad he’s in that role rather than Perez....

Talking of one of Brendogs brain farts.....

Perez is lethal in that central role, Barnes is playing like a frightened ****ing child.

How long do we persevere with Barnes before we accept that he's an average player?
I think he’s fine to have as an option from the bench. He’s not a starter for a top 6 club, but he’s played the majority of the season due to the state of the rest of our options in that position.

It’s the manager’s job to use that pressure or protect his players from it, I’m afraid. You probably can’t shield them from it completely. They spend half their lives on social media. But it’s part of being successful.

We don’t have that young a squad either. It’s the eighth youngest in the league. Pretty much middle of a pack. Man Utd and Chelsea are younger, and have far less experienced managers.

The two defeats against Man City and Liverpool were symptoms rather than causes, in my opinion. We’d already started to fade and we set up against them in the same way we set up against clubs we perceive to be bigger than us - as though we are scared of them.
It's not just young it's inexperienced. I think it's a combination of everything. Hopefully we'll recruit well in the summer and see a difference next year.

I'd like to see a comparison of starting ages, not just squad age as well.

We don’t have that young a squad either. It’s the eighth youngest in the league. Pretty much middle of a pack. Man Utd and Chelsea are younger, and have far less experienced managers.

As you have pointed out, the 'young squad' thing is an excuse and not a valid reason.

Mendy?! Wtf

Praet too. Huh?

Tielemans and ndidi off.

Think that's us resting players for next weekend now! Big call.... We certainly can't afford to lose by more

Oh my goodness, he’s taken Wilf off for Mendy

Speechless

Hopefully we'll recruit well in the summer and see a difference next year.

That's were we're struggling. Think of the players we've got out (not that that's the entire reason for our demise) and you're going to struggle if you don't have a decent squad.

Imagine if Papy Mendy inspires a 4 goal come back in 20 mins

Vardy almost taking the corner himself there

It's not just young it's inexperienced. I think it's a combination of everything. Hopefully we'll recruit well in the summer and see a difference next year.
Apart from possibly Barnes, our first 11 for much of the season I wouldn’t describe as inexperienced.

I don’t want to keep coming back on every point (but will, because I’m a knobhead) but he has had a couple of transfer windows to bring some experience in.

I hope so, too. We all do. But my faith has been rocked very badly. I’m gutted to be honest. He was my first choice. I was delighted with the appointment and horrified that me might leave for Arsenal (I’m certain he wanted to go, by the way - was at the time). But I’ve seen plenty which gives me cause for concern.

The one thing I’m leaning on is that I’m so often wrong about these things.

May as well bring on Hirst now. Noone else is gonna get a goal

May as well bring on Hirst now. Noone else is gonna get a goal
If he’s not going to come on when we’re 3-0 down, he’ll never come on. We’ll see Matty James on before Hirst.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757