Match Thread Tottenham v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
We havent been anywhere near as bad as the scoreline or you lot suggest.

We've been soft and naive.

No. We've been a disgrace.

The one thing about this match is not to get hammered. So we had to play it tight and safety first. A narrow defeat isn't a disaster. A pounding is.

To set up like this and play so open with our players so spread around the pitch is suicide. It's genuinely self-harming ourselves. Every one of our players is either playing badly or like it's a friendly match with nothing on it. There is no clinical edge. There is no tactical fouling.

This is a horror show.

Yet again we fail to take chances... Thomas fouled in the lead up to one of Kane’s goals too. Bugger it

No. We've been a disgrace.

The one thing about this match is not to get hammered. So we had to play it tight and safety first. A narrow defeat isn't a disaster. A pounding is.

To set up like this and play so open with our players so spread around the pitch is suicide. It's genuinely self-harming ourselves. Every one of our players is either playing badly or like it's a friendly match with nothing on it. There is no clinical edge. There is no tactical fouling.

This is a horror show.

completely right. Tight, dirty, scrappy and awkward. We are incapable of that these days

This sort of thing is why he needs to be on probation for about the first 10 games of next season. I’m going to remain consistent in my view that we can’t sack a manager who has taken us into Europe.

But we can’t ignore the collapse. It isn’t just the results (although it is of course also the results). It’s our poor psychology and the lack of ability to change style (if not formation, which is different).

There isn’t anything he can do about the personnel. What we are left with at the back simply isn’t good enough. But teams have players who aren’t good enough and adapt to the opposition or the situation. Your post highlights how Rodgers has failed to do that today.

I’m not even angry today. I’m just a bit tired of it, and resigned to our fate.
But don't you honestly think he's been put in a situation with several players who aren't good enough? Other than Evans, we have an entirely second-string back line. In fact, Thomas and Bennet are third-string.

Soyuncu really should be getting more stick for his actions against Bournemouth. If he was playing here at least there'd be some pace there.

We've lost any creativity with Maddison and Albrighton out (plus Chilwell and Ricardo).

The manager has made some iffy decisions but he's now working with **** all.

Only intereest now is if Vardy can grab a goal (s) to add to this golden boot tally -

Yeah I at least want Vardy to get that.

To look back on a season where we finished 5th and our hero striker got the golden bolt would be good to remember in future - even if it feels, disappointing right now.

I still want us to reduce the deficit though.

I want to go into the Man Utd game knowing, no matter how unlikely, a win would see us finish above them.

But losing out on goal difference would be even worse.

The last 20 minutes of this,when we're shagged out could be the worst experience as a city fan since the darkest days of Holloway. If that happens they won't even want to come out of the dressing room against United.

That game could end up being the most one sided football match with something riding on it for both teams that any of us will ever see.

This complete & utter horror film in front of us is the best we've got. That's the hardest thing to deal with.

Gray for the lump

Should have happened after the second

4-4-2 with Perez up top?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675