Match Thread Tottenham v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
How can you play a high line back three with three defenders with no pace? It's incomprehensible.

Our pace is at wing back where both of them are way up field every time we lose possession.

How can a manager look at this and not see the problem? It's obvious what is wrong and what he has to change.

Yet again, BR showing himself to be hopelessly incompetent when he needs to intervene.

It's disgusting to do this to those players. He's making them do something that is impossible to work.

Presumably no changes at half time...

Half time.

Justin unlucky with the own goal, but Bennett is having a mare.

Were so limited on options but think we have to change it here.

Switch to a back 4, get Gray on for Bennett and go 4-2-3-1 with Perez central.

Or failing that, Praet on and push Youri forwards. Might be better for at least shutting up shop and keeping the score down...

We can't afford to lose by more than we are already but need to reduce the deficit by at least 1 to give ourselves a chance on the final day again Man Utd.

Where's Mark de Vries when you need him?

Genuinely incredible that we are 3 down here.

They have taken all of their chances and we've taken absolutely ****ing non of ours.... As usual.

It's not all Bennetts fault either. Just look at how we've lost the ball and failed to put blocks in.

Say what you want about Man City but they would have conceded non of those and the defenders wouldn't of had chance to **** up.

Naive

I don’t think it is incredible. I think it was very predictable. We are vulnerable to every attack resulting in a good chance for them because of our poor our defensive line up is.

It’a just a rank bad performance. It’s okay people (not you) saying we’ve had good chances and so 3-0 isn’t a fair reflection of the game. Taking this chances, or not, is part of what makes a performance good or not.

And the last thing I’ll say about our back 3.

If you are stuck with it, and we sort of are, then you protect them. You play deep and you go counterattack. Instead we are playing a usual style, playing a high line, and the way to play against that is plainly obvious: hit the ball into the channel between the wing back and the central defender, stretch the back three, job done. It’s honestly Sunday league level tactics. I wouldn’t be surprised if they haven’t cut the grass in the corners.

basics.

If you are stuck with it, and we sort of are, then you protect them. You play deep and you go counterattack. Instead we are playing a usual style, playing a high line, and the way to play against that is plainly obvious: hit the ball into the channel between the wing back and the central defender, stretch the back three, job done. It’s honestly Sunday league level tactics. I wouldn’t be surprised if they haven’t cut the grass in the corners.

basics.
The early goal meant that any chance to sit back and hit them went out the window.

This is seriously embarrassing isn't it?

Edit: I mean, how the **** do we get into a position where we're fielding such a hotch-potch defence and not offering them more assistance. Our back three are probably still out on the field they're that slow.

I’d even let him go 4-2-3-1 just to stop the flood of goals that will come if we stay as we are

basics.

Agree with the first bit, but that wasn't an, option after 6 minutes

We’ve got half our first team out, and Spurs are on form. Didn’t expect anything different, and Man U will just do the same to us. Yes there are individual errors but that’s why these players are not in our first team, there is not much Rodgers could have done about that.

I’m annoyed about Norwich, Brighton, Bournemouth, Watford, not this game

I never want to see him play for us again. And Congerton... my feelings are clear. You don’t put failures in positions of power.

This is Britain. Yes we do. At all levels of life & business. & we pay them a fortune too.Been that way for years & years. But in recent times we've accelerated it to ludicrous levels. Doesn't matter if it's sport, business or politics. It's who you know & who you can flannel. Not what you can do.

Highly trained expert in your field? You can **** off. You're a doom monger. We only want blind optimism here.

Smarmy con artist with a slogan? Oh yes we love all that ! Please lead us to Hell.

I’d even let him go 4-2-3-1 just to stop the flood of goals that will come if we stay as we are

Yep, I wouldn't be against it being Praet/Hamza on for Bennett and just have two defensive minds to give cover to the defence.

If we hadn't conceded the 3rd, a change of defence could've maybe given us the chance to get back into this.

But no way from 3-0

How can you play a high line back three with three defenders with no pace? It's incomprehensible.

Our pace is at wing back where both of them are way up field every time we lose possession.

How can a manager look at this and not see the problem? It's obvious what is wrong and what he has to change.

Yet again, BR showing himself to be hopelessly incompetent when he needs to intervene.

It's disgusting to do this to those players. He's making them do something that is impossible to work.

This sort of thing is why he needs to be on probation for about the first 10 games of next season. I’m going to remain consistent in my view that we can’t sack a manager who has taken us into Europe.

But we can’t ignore the collapse. It isn’t just the results (although it is of course also the results). It’s our poor psychology and the lack of ability to change style (if not formation, which is different).

There isn’t anything he can do about the personnel. What we are left with at the back simply isn’t good enough. But teams have players who aren’t good enough and adapt to the opposition or the situation. Your post highlights how Rodgers has failed to do that today.

I’m not even angry today. I’m just a bit tired of it, and resigned to our fate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669