Toughest job?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DesertFox

A friend of mine has a new job, which has to be one of the most difficult I can think of.

He's been a high flier for ages (pun intended); he was the youngest person ever to make the full board at British Airways, he used to buy all their planes (cool job!) and his current role is Commercial Director.

But as for his new task... he's been put in sole control of fixing the complete **** up and national embarrassment that is Terminal 5! :icon_eek: Mind you, if anyone can, he's da man.

Tough, but there must be harder jobs out there. Getting two wins on the bounce at LCFC, for example. OK, things where you put your life on the line - army, fire, police, etc - have to be right up there, but what else?

I was at T5 last night waiting on promises from BA. I have a written promise from some of the top bods that they will deliver a certain service within a certain time. They have never even got within 50% of their expected targets after 8 tries so far.

If he can sort them out, I'll tip my hat to him.

A friend of mine has a new job, which has to be one of the most difficult I can think of.

He's been a high flier for ages (pun intended); he was the youngest person ever to make the full board at British Airways, he used to buy all their planes (cool job!) and his current role is Commercial Director.

But as for his new task... he's been put in sole control of fixing the complete **** up and national embarrassment that is Terminal 5! :icon_eek: Mind you, if anyone can, he's da man.

Certainly suggests his career is on the boil.

Talking of tough jobs, I have found out that my car has a hole in the engine breathing pipe, is this an easy job for me to do or am I best taking it to a garage?

Any help greatly appreciated

Last edited:
Talking of tough jobs, I have found out that my car has a hole in the engine breathing pipe, is this an easy job for me to do or am I best taking it to a garage?

Any help greatly appreciated

Surely it needs a hole in it to allow it breathe?

There was something on telly the other day about the fattest man in the world. I pity the team that had to clean the guys arse and tackle.

:icon_roll:icon_roll:icon_roll

Its a little hole in the side of the pipe

Oh right.;)

Have you had a look where the pipe is? Is it easily accessible?

There was something on telly the other day about the fattest man in the world. I pity the team that had to clean the guys arse and tackle.

You'd be ok doing that Mk,imagine your hobby would also be your job

I would imagine commentating on a football match would be quite hard, talking a load of jibberish for 90 minutes with no script, got to be tough.

Oh right.;)

Have you had a look where the pipe is? Is it easily accessible?

The pipe is easily accessible and in plain view when you open the bonnet, hence why I saw the hole!

Gaffer tape.

Is this a serious suggestion?

I was hoping if somebody could tell me if it was a simple job to do or complicated. I dont want to get half way through changing it and then realise I have fcuked everything up!

I was hoping if somebody could tell me if it was a simple job to do or complicated. I dont want to get half way through changing it and then realise I have fcuked everything up!

You could always buy the Haynes manual for your car (if you don't already have it) and look at how to do it. Then you should be able to work out whether you will manage it or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566