Gigs Tour & Gig Announcements

Status
Not open for further replies.
Turin Brakes are they on 28th Nov aswell

Had thier last but one album 'Ether Song' but really couldn't get into it.

I found only the songs that they released - Pain Killer, and Average Man any good.

On sale where?

More info:

01-29 London, England - St John's Church, Smith Square
01-30 London, England - St John's Church, Smith Square
01-31 London, England - St John's Church, Smith Square
02-01 London, England - Porchester Hall
02-02 London, England - Porchester Hal

Tickets will go on sale at 9am (GMT) on Friday 8th December 2006, priced at £16, from the following outlets:
Ticketmaster - www.ticketmaster.co.uk - 08705 344 444 / Ticketweb - www.ticketweb.co.uk - 08700 600 100 / See Tickets - www.seetickets.com - 0871 220 0260 / Stargreen - www.stargreen.com - 020 7734 8932.
Tickets are limited to two per person.

Considering it Jeff?

Very difficult to get tickets, very small venues..

I would give it a try but my mates are in Krakow and I cant sort something out. I suppose I'll catch on an album tour.

Arcade Fire - 5 very small London dates 3 in a church - Jan/Feb - On Sell tomorrow 9am

I opened all 4 ticket sites in advance, to give myself the best chance. Tried Stargreen first because I thought I'd never heard of them, and I thought other people might not try them first, for the same reason!
Eventually, after several error messages on the payment pages, my order went through, and I've received an email to confirm I have tickets, but I won't be confident until I receive them in the post.
The only problem is it's the same day as our match at Cardiff, so I'll feel guilty about being there when we're playing. For some reason I thought the Tuesday would be the least popular day, which is why I tried that date first.

While I was going through the order process I was also trying the other sites, which were either unavailable, or sold out immediately, so it looks like there was a huge demand.
I have ordered two tickets and I expect one will be spare so I may be trying to flog it on here once it arrives. Unless they're going for a fortune on ebay, then I might try that instead!

Loads on ebay already, bidding's up to £155 for a pair at the moment. Looks like lots of people have bought them just to sell for a profit :mad:

If you will like all these 'different' ''groundbreaking' bands what do you expect.:102:

Averaging between £180-250...

I know it is not their probelm but ebay should not allow ticket sales of sports or entertainment. Or they could take them as invidiual cases and be more vigilante over them, basically identify whose on the make and whose seriously has a probelm over getting there. For starters the sellers who have more one pair should be banned.

For you Arcade Fire fans:

Arcade Fire promise more tickets for UK gigs
Band set to counter touts after shows sell out
The Arcade Fire have announced they will make more tickets available for the UK shows next year.

The band sold out their five London dates, at St John's Church (January 29-31) and Porchester Hall (February 1-2), in two minutes after they went on sale this morning (December 8).

However with tickets for the shows now going for highly inflated prices on online auction sites - including some that are being offered for over £7000 - the band have now said they will make more tickets available.

"Due to the overwhelming demand for The Arcade Fire London shows, we would like to advise fans that we will be releasing some tickets for sale prior to doors opening for each London show," they explained in a statement.

They added they will be more dates confirmed soon, and warned online touts they will risk having their tickets cancelled if they sell them on.

"There will also be extra shows announced soon giving more people the opportunity to see the band perform," they explained. "Please don't encourage the touts. Wherever we have email addresses and ticket numbers for sellers we will cancel the tickets and put them back up for sale on show day. Please don't buy from them and risk your tickets being cancelled."

from nme.com

Its understood for the Arcade Fire, they will be a select number of tickets available on the door.....if anyones willing to wait.

Arctic Monkeys - Old Trafford, Lancs CCC, July 28 - 50,000 - On Sale Friday 12.30pm....

Said they will play their longest set ever and do tracks from 2nd album, just a shame that half of the crowds will at least be twats.

Its understood for the Arcade Fire, they will be a select number of tickets available on the door.....if anyones willing to wait.

Arctic Monkeys - Old Trafford, Lancs CCC, July 28 - 50,000 - On Sale Friday 12.30pm....

Said they will play their longest set ever and do tracks from 2nd album, just a shame that half of the crowds will at least be twats.

got yourself booked in then?:icon_lol:

Puressence next year
THURSDAY 25TH JANUARY 2007 - 100 CLUB...LONDON
THURSDAY 1ST FEBRUARY 2007 - CABARET VOLTAIRE...EDINBURGH
FRIDAY 2ND FEBRUARY 2007 - THE CLUNY...NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE
FRIDAY 9TH FEBRUARY 2007 - ENGINE ROOMS...BRIGHTON
SATURDAY 10TH FEBRUARY 2007 - LITTLE CIVIC...WOLVERHAMPTON
SATURDAY 17TH FEBRUARY 2007 - THE CHARLOTTE...LEICESTER
THURSDAY 15TH MARCH 2007 - THE RITZ...MANCHESTER
FRIDAY 6TH APRIL 2007 - RIFFS...BLACKPOOL
SATURDAY 9TH JUNE 2007 - VEGAN FAYRE...BRISTOL

They have all the ingredients - dollops of agony and ecstasy, choruses the size of their hometown and songs that aim for a deep emotional connection" The Guardian

Puressence:
This year the band return with a new album, recorded at Revolution studios in Manchester, produced by the legendary Andy Macpherson (Badly Drawn Boy, Buzzcocks, Johnny Marr, Doves, The Who etc).

The band have released three classic albums so far, Puressence, Only Forever and Planet Helpless. Planet Helpless was hailed as the bands greatest, with lead singer James stating that it was, like 15-20 years of all the different facets of Manchester music, the acid house scene, the Roses, the Mondays, even Joy Division all rolled into the present day 2002.

Their brilliance is driven by voice of James Mudrizcki one of the greatest front men Manchester has ever seen.

Now, free from the shackles of that bound them in the form of major record company, the band are ready to release their most inspired offering yet on new Manchester based label Reaction, with the first release being a single entitled "PALISADES".

Massive in Greece their last album reached number 4 in the Greek charts America has recently acknowledged the bands excellence with the groups first US offering (a collection of songs from the bands first three albums) scheduled for a winter release with a tour of Europe, North America and Japan set to coincide.

"A 'best kept secret' that surely can't remain so for much longer" The Guardian
They have all the ingredients - dollops of agony and ecstasy, choruses the size of their hometown and songs that aim for a deep emotional connection" The Guardian

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670