Tragedy

Status
Not open for further replies.
on a wednesday night?

and a Mondeo...is that one of their dads' car?

not just countering you for the sake of it, just speculating as to what their story is

I doubt they have one now. Not being deliberately distasteful with that but at the end of the day why does it really matter? I doubt their parents will care much eather way, it all leads to the same heartache

on a wednesday night?

and a Mondeo...is that one of their dads' car?

I honestly don't see anything strange in that at all.
It's just six young people in a shit car on a weekday night and could've been returning from anywhere.

That would've happened most days for me when I was a teenager.

just speculating as to what their story is

Yes, yes you are aren't you? :icon_wink

I honestly don't see anything strange in that at all.
It's just six young people in a shit car on a weekday night and could've been returning from anywhere.
Well for a start, if it wasn't the lorry drivers fault, because he has been cleared of any wrongdoing, so that just leaves the car driver then.
With six people in a car designed for a maximum of 5 its now overloaded. I would bet they were going at speed as well on a stretch of road with tricky bends. It would not take much to lose control and with all the weight in the back steering becomes more sensative and lighter and accidents happen.
Play with fire and get burnt.

Well for a start, if it wasn't the lorry drivers fault, because he has been cleared of any wrongdoing, so that just leaves the car driver then.
With six people in a car designed for a maximum of 5 its now overloaded. I would bet they were going at speed as well on a stretch of road with tricky bends. It would not take much to lose control and with all the weight in the back steering becomes more sensative and lighter and accidents happen.
Play with fire and get burnt.

I agree, but why have you quoted me? :icon_conf :102:

So we've all only ever travelled in a car wearing a seatbelt?
Get to feck, we used to get as many in as possible (2 in the passenger seat, 6 in the back, a couple in the boot) if it meant not walking home in the rain.

So we've all only ever travelled in a car wearing a seatbelt?
Get to feck, we used to get as many in as possible (2 in the passenger seat, 6 in the back, a couple in the boot) if it meant not walking home in the rain.

playing with fire, risk getting burnt. Driving at silly speeds, they are not capable of handling a car correctly its pure madness.

From the video the Lorry looks like it's on the wrong side of the road BUT the driver was released . The bend that it shows is quite bad and everyone on the video seems to think that it is dangerous
It's a very dangerous stretch of road.

If I was driving a lorry, and a car was racing towards me on the wrong side of the road, I too would move over to the other side. Likewise, if I were in the car and I saw I was on the wrong side of a road square on with a lorry, I too would try to back on to the correct side.

I wouldn't be surprised if we heard a police plee for witnesses to come forward.

From the video the Lorry looks like it's on the wrong side of the road BUT the driver was released . The bend that it shows is quite bad and everyone on the video seems to think that it is dangerous

The lorry would have hit the car and pushed it someway back down the road so where it ended up may not be where it hit. It must have been horrific.

The lorry would have hit the car and pushed it someway back down the road so where it ended up may not be where it hit. It must have been horrific.

Yeah of course as if it was doing 50mph or whatever it would continue going forward for a short while and the braking on the road would have shown where the lorry was on impact

Its a very sad incident and the whys and the blame aren't really important at this time IMO

I can't imagine how those close to the victims even begin to deal with this. You are right HF, its the simple senselessness of the deaths that overides everything, reasons will come out in due course but the senselessness will still be there.

Its a very sad incident and the whys and the blame aren't really important at this time IMO
"Whys and blames" are very important to allow all parties involved to move on and deal with things. Not knowing, doesn't help deal with grief, hence why Crash Investigators have such an important job to do.

Although the driver of the lorry has been cleared of any criminal charges, it will be very, very important for him to be totally cleared of any responsibilty. Without this verdict, for him I'd expect the next few years to be for more tortuous than they already will be.

OK, so we can't decide who's to blame, but it's human nature to discuss cases, and it's human nature to have an interest in local events, even the tragic ones. Neither discussing this, or not discussing this case will make the blindest bit of difference to the parties involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47
9Brentford46