Trains

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its a terrible place.

Me and my ex-wife (sorry my ex-wife who lives solely in my imagination) bought a house there.Fortunately I worked in Kettering,so I'd literally get off the bus and walk to my house and never venture into Corby.If we went out for a drink we would go to Rockingham.
Blackburn however is worse..far worse

Me and my ex-wife (sorry my ex-wife who lives solely in my imagination) bought a house there.Fortunately I worked in Kettering,so I'd literally get off the bus and walk to my house and never venture into Corby.If we went out for a drink we would go to Rockingham.
Blackburn however is worse..far worse

Watched England play Turkey in Istanbul whilst in Corby at wedding reception. The wedding reception was held at some working men's club. The Scots had just beat Lithuania earlier in the day and they were all pissed up. A collection of England fans in the corner, very,very tense - it did kick off but thankfully we're in the lounge and these two old scots were laughing their bollox at us lot jumping up and down.

The villages around it are beautiful. The wedding was held at a church nearby Corby, the bride's dad insisted on it being in Corby. Utter shitehole...never seen a place like it since and that's after enduring a bus-ride through a quarter of Poland.

It used to be until the riff raff descended :icon_wink

We used to go to The Castle on Saturday evenings, but dumped the place because of the totally inadequate bar staff.
After that we tried just up the road with the Royal Oak. That was fine until the delinquent kids and their lousy parents started using the place.
There was a day when kids were only allowed in pubs if they sat quietly with their parents:icon_roll

The villages around it are beautiful. The wedding was held at a church nearby Corby, the bride's dad insisted on it being in Corby. Utter shitehole...never seen a place like it since and that's after enduring a bus-ride through a quarter of Poland.

I've seen some very pretty parts of Poland, although I'll admit areas of some cities, rebuilt after the war, are fairly concrete and grim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669