Tranmere (a)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't you have a moan at Brauny for being ridiculously over pessimistic the other day?

Tbh i really didnt think we would get anything tonight, and i fear that Saturday will be the same. Imo if we had got through these two away games unscathed then we would have had a great chance to take our unbeaten run till the end of the season.
Now that its gone NP needs to have a look to see if tonight was just a one off, or take it more seriously with the fact we have not played that well recently. We must not go off the boil now, getting caught on the line would be criminal from our position.

Jut the wake-up call we needed before Saturday. But we'll be lucky to beat Millwall.

However, I still believe we'll be champions, at the end of the season.

It's also a wake-up call to Milan and his money-grubbing efforts to those of us with decades of season ticket support. There can be no easy walk to financial freedom through Nelson Mandela Park.

I'm angry about this credit crunching, and happy that a defeat, although not a good thing, came at just the right time to slow down, maybe, the rush to be drawn in to a cynical early-bird (with crunching clauses) renewal scam.

But hey ho, I'll still renew. I would have done even if we'd ended up mid-table. It's called loyalty. I hate it that it's going to cost me an extra £4 per month to prove my worth to this club. I hope that this defeat slows the rush to renewal by this stupid deadline. It was almost, for me, a scam too far. I'm sick of cynicism, generally, and the screwing up of peoples' lives by (B)ankers. And this one took the Walkers chocolate and chilli crisp.

But I do hope we beat Millwall.

Who's doubting now??

and yes I do have a small willy:icon_wink

Not at all.

Millwall was always going to be a difficult match, and it could go either way on Saturday. I hope this defeat against Tranmere, which was again problematic, has given us strength.

A shame you didn't pick up on the main point of my post.

A shame you didn't pick up on the main point of my post.

I completely agree with your post. I too will renew, whatever division we arre in, and hate the way people like me and you are taken for granted by the club.
This will be the 14th renewal for me on the trot and have never felt so let down. I understand the club need the money, but so do I.

Last edited:
I completely agree with your post. I too will renew, whatever division we arre in, and hate the way people like me and you are taken for granted by the club.
This will be the 14th renewal for me on the trot and have never felt so let down. I understand the club need the money, but so do I.

Agree. And am very angry, but hanging on in here. As per usual.

:)

I'm annoyed.

First half was possible even worse than the MK Dons performance, Midfield was anonymous, indeed most of the team were! Tranmere passed it well and got stuck in and got at us at evert opportunity. If we had been 2-0 down at half time there could've been no complaints. Still second half kicked off and we should've scored in the first minute, and then Tranmere went down t'other end and scored. pffffft.

At least second half we attempted to get forward more ,and indeed had some good chances to get on the scoresheet. Oakley's throws were more dangerous than his free kicks and corners:icon_roll
We should've had a penalty imo on Morrison when he went for a header only be be having his shirt being pulled away from him by the collar, yet strangely the ref nor the lino saw it.
Not surprised Tranmere got a second, though without seeing a replay it looekd a very soft penalty, even home fans outside afterwards were saying they didn't think it was one.

But it doesn't matter. We didn't deserve anything from the game, since Christmas we've rode our luck in a few games and last night we were simply beaten by a team that played better and wanted it more. tbh I think I would've been more disappointed if we had played well and lost.

didn't expect us to go unbeaten to the end of the season, just think that since the Walsall game, when after going 4-0 they slowed down the tempo they just haven't seemed to hit the right gear again. Let's hope it's a bit of a kick in the teeth and makes them determined to get the points needed asap.

Jut the wake-up call we needed before Saturday. But we'll be lucky to beat Millwall.

However, I still believe we'll be champions, at the end of the season.

It's also a wake-up call to Milan and his money-grubbing efforts to those of us with decades of season ticket support. There can be no easy walk to financial freedom through Nelson Mandela Park.

I'm angry about this credit crunching, and happy that a defeat, although not a good thing, came at just the right time to slow down, maybe, the rush to be drawn in to a cynical early-bird (with crunching clauses) renewal scam.

But hey ho, I'll still renew. I would have done even if we'd ended up mid-table. It's called loyalty. I hate it that it's going to cost me an extra £4 per month to prove my worth to this club. I hope that this defeat slows the rush to renewal by this stupid deadline. It was almost, for me, a scam too far. I'm sick of cynicism, generally, and the screwing up of peoples' lives by (B)ankers. And this one took the Walkers chocolate and chilli crisp.

But I do hope we beat Millwall.

:102::icon_lol: I love it .

How bad did Stockdale's injury look? This season is the curse of the goalkeeper.

90 points will do it. I've worked it out. 4 wins from 9 games.

7 wins from 9 games for Peterborough to get to 90.
8 from 12 for MK Dons.
8 from 11 for Millwall.

Only someone going to "the wall" could work that out.

It was a minging night last night, one that had defeat written all over it from the start. We looked a bit slow at times but the ball never bounced in our favour once. The ref was a fussy little prick too, the penno looked soft at best.

Not sure about the decision to start with Mattock on the wing with Powell behind him - we looked impotent from that side in the first half. I hadn't seen Gradel's last couple of games but people around me were wondering why he wasn't starting and, to be fair, when he came on he looked quite dangerous.

I thought Hobbs made some good challenges but a couple of those were due to mistakes (or lethargy) on Morrison's part so as a pairing they weren't quite at the races. Fryatt made some decent runs but, again, the ball just kept bobbling and we didn't have a fluid attack all night.

So overall a bit disappointed but, as has been mentioned, Tranmere's home record was also good so it was always going to be a tough game. It would have been nice to win so we could go in to Saturday's game with no pressure but now the fan's are going to want a result to ease any panic.

Never mind, the pies were nice.

90 points will do it. I've worked it out. 4 wins from 9 games.

7 wins from 9 games for Peterborough to get to 90.
8 from 12 for MK Dons.
8 from 11 for Millwall.

we have only won 3 of the last 9

but that said we will do it starting on Saturday.

The upcoming game at London Road looks like a real 6 pointer now.

I think Posh look good money for one of the promotion spots and us for the other, whether we finish top or second is fairly trivial.

The only potentially scary thing is if the Don's go on some spectacular winning streak.

I'm not counting my chickens yet, but to cave at this point would be a collapse for the ages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669