Transfers - Summer 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/default.stm

Henry's replacement?

Arsenal have signed the Croatian Eduardo da Silva from Dinamo Zagreb for an undisclosed fee

Very good signing but he's not like Henry.

:102: I think he will be good...very good.You may wish to disagree but I'm right and you are wrong:)

Is that you Melton? Like I say, he looks a bit lightweight what I have seen of him - but I remember this performance against Ukraine in WC that was good. Morienties went downhill under the pressure of Anfield.

Very good signing but he's not like Henry.

Is that you Melton? Like I say, he looks a bit lightweight what I have seen of him - but I remember this performance against Ukraine in WC that was good. Morienties went downhill under the pressure of Anfield.

We shall see but he's a better player than Morientes

torres is a done deal

Skysports.com said:
Atletico Madrid have confirmed they have reached an agreement to sell Fernando Torres to Liverpool after the Spanish international passed his medical on Merseyside.

Torres will now return to his home country to bid goodbye to his fans in the Spanish capital, before travelling back to England to be presented as Liverpool's record signing in a deal worth a reported £26.5million.

"Club Atletico de Madrid has reached an agreement with Liverpool Football Club for the sale of Fernando Torres to the British club," read a statement on the Spanish club's website.

"The player, accompanied by Don Enrique Cerezo and Jesus Garcia Pitarch, will hold a farewell press conference on Wednesday 4 July."

Liverpool have also confirmed that Torres passed all the necessary medical tests during his trip to England on Tuesday.

"The player has passed a medical," confirmed a club spokesman.

"All the agreements are now in place and he will put pen to paper on the deal on Wednesday."

Rafa Benitez has targeted Torres as a key recruit as he looks to mount a challenge for the Premier League title next season, and the substantial outlay on the striker nicknamed 'El Nino' is certainly a prominent signal of intent on the part of the Anfield boss.

Torres is expected to sign a six-year contract worth around £90,000 per week upon joining the five-time European Cup winners, and his arrival will likely increase speculation regarding the futures of Craig Bellamy and Peter Crouch.

Manchester City have been linked with a move for Crouch with former England boss Sven Goran Eriksson set to take charge at Eastlands, but Liverpool have played down speculation that the fans' favourite could be sold.

Chief executive Rick Parry insists the unique striker remains very much a key player at Anfield.

"It is not true that he is the only player not to have been approached about a new deal and he is very much part of Rafa Benitez's future plans," stated Parry.

Luis Garcia has already been moved out of Anfield to help accommodate Torres, joining Atletico in a £4million deal on Tuesday.

Last edited:
he certainly has an engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611