Trust & Mercury Fight Continues...

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxpodder

I am an FT member, only joined in this season. Lets be fair to the FT and give them some credit.
The FT have never said they represent all the fans.
The FT have never said they are against the bid.
THE FT have never said they will try and influence other shareholders about the bid - they have just answered questions put to them in the best way they can
BUT THE FT HAVE SAID THEY WANT TO SEE THE FINAL BID BEFORE MAKING THEIR MIND UP. Which sounds fair to me.
All the rest of the "reading between the lines" and media hype is just that.

What do I think about the bid? In principle I think it is a good idea - and our best way to get the club moving. But as with everyone else on here I haven't seen the bid, don't know any details and can only hope it gets sorted one way or the other soon. But lets not start name calling the FT for things thay haven't said and haven't done!

Fopodder

PFKAKTF FOX

Have to agree with Alex on this one, this debate and fued that continues to run between the Merc and FT is all about ego's and I for one am sick to the back teeth of the constant backstabbing, bickering and bitching.

Oh and I like tits as well.

lazzer

Have to agree with Alex on this one, this debate and fued that continues to run between the Merc and FT is all about ego's and I for one am sick to the back teeth of the constant backstabbing, bickering and bitching and so im off to watch north end until we get good again

Oh and I like the other preston as well he's cute.

:018: you bacon

Naughty Fox

Even after the other reporting in the Mocery Bill still has to write in another story...

"But the visitors will have other ideas, and another motive as well because Milan Mandaric will again be in attendance with his takeover now looking just a matter of being a few days away."

Matt_B

How do we know Manderic has done his bidding through the Mercury, they could quite easily have made up the figures all by themselves.

OldGit

How do we know Manderic has done his bidding through the Mercury, they could quite easily have made up the figures all by themselves.

That presumes a minimal level of intelligence and numeracy. :icon_bigg

Matt_B

That presumes a minimal level of intelligence and numeracy. :icon_bigg

Fair point.

But the same people who are saying the FT are doing nothing wrong are, without evidence, accusing MM of doing his bidding through the paper.

Nobody has any facts or figures, and are just arguing rumour with speculation

fcukcov

im with melts on this, I dont care!!

norman leet

I am an FT member, only joined in this season. Lets be fair to the FT and give them some credit.
THE FT have never said they will try and influence other shareholders about the bid - they have just answered questions put to them in the best way they can
BUT THE FT HAVE SAID THEY WANT TO SEE THE FINAL BID BEFORE MAKING THEIR MIND UP. Which sounds fair to me.
All the rest of the "reading between the lines" and media hype is just that.

What do I think about the bid? In principle I think it is a good idea - and our best way to get the club moving. But as with everyone else on here I haven't seen the bid, don't know any details and can only hope it gets sorted one way or the other soon. But lets not start name calling the FT for things thay haven't said and haven't done!

Fopodder

Rational veiw.:038:

Bill Anderson has enjoyed 32 years mainly being the only real source of news coming from the club (Radio Leicester far less fans tune in)

The Foxes Trust have a privilaged board position and privvy to info that BA could only dream of, think its a case of him getting his collar felt and his being voice of Leicester City is under threat.

Read it on the message boards or in the Mockery 3 days later

fcukcov

I scored a tap in at 5-a-side after one of the best passes ever made from fcukcov, I can only thank him for all he has done.

I did say i wouldnt let you forget!

norman leet

I think the board would give them a slap if they didn't agree with the figures
or omit them from discussions, likewise MM to Anderson

bocadillo

Water Gypsy

They have in the past. They have said and continue to say that they represent the fans' interest.

They have seemed to try to undermine it, which can be seen as very much the same thing.

THE FT have never said they will try and influence other shareholders about the bid

Their apparent undermining of the bid would be bound to have had an influence on the thoughts of other shareholders.

If the FT have really not at any time been against the bid, they really didn't make a good job of showing it. They made a statement on here some weeks ago (I would find it and point you to it if I had more time) where they suddenly seemed to change their attitude and suggest that they were likely to accept the bid. This seed change was identified by more than me.

The FT are now saying that a way may be found to keep their money in the club whilst the other shareholders sell up and also that they may be able to retain an advisory role. A cynic may wonder what effect this may have had on their attitude towards the takeover.

Real Sharapova

The FT are now saying that a way may be found to keep their money in the club whilst the other shareholders sell up and also that they may be able to retain an advisory role. A cynic may wonder what effect this may have had on their attitude towards the takeover.

Just as well you're not a cynic then, boc.;)

IMO the FT have taken a fairly sceptical approach to this deal, preferring to wait until they have all the necessary information with which to make an informed decision.

IMO this is an entirely sensible approach to take, far better than showing total faith in a deal which is lacking in much detail as many appear to be doing.

Feriol

I can't think of many business sectors that have to be more responsive to their customers than football clubs...they have to be 'close to the customer' in that sense. However, the notion that something like the Foxes Trust with a membership of a tiny fraction of the club's massive fan base can purport to represent fans' interests is absurd....and I think this takeover debate and hopefully a re-structure of the club from the quite defensible post-Administration era is a good opportunity to sort things out.

i agree with the point about relationships with fans and clubs. if a trust tries to play the middle man, this is bad, for any size club IMO. but that hasn't been the objective of our trust to date, And i for 1 am glad that somebody is being cautious, and openly so where the future of our club is concerned.

the following quote from the mockery article, is a little concerning though

"As Mandaric speaks of his affinity to fans we feel he should allow a democratic City fans organisation to retain a shareholding as a symbol of his relationship with the fans.

"We view this as an emotional, not financial issue. The club could be handed over to a non-City fan for the first time. A symbolic retention of a shareholding with the Trust for the long term leaves a thread of City fan ownership, even if it is a minimal percentage."

He added: "The existence of the advisory board was mentioned in the initial indicative offer.

"We spoke to Mandaric's representative, discussed our present level of involvement, and we were subsequently told we would have a position on the advisory board if the takeover was successful.

"It will be important for Mandaric to ensure he is aware of likely local reaction to various potential decisions he could make and we can obviously offer guidance in this area."

i would not be happy with an organisation with limited membership being seen by MM as the voice of the fans, and if that isn't to be the case, there is nothing the FT could do that the club couldn't do themselves. Post Takeover, the trust i think should seperate from the club, they could continue to sponsor academy players, and support fan initiatives.

Feriol

They have seemed to try to undermine it, which can be seen as very much the same thing.

Their apparent undermining of the bid would be bound to have had an influence on the thoughts of other shareholders.

i haven't seen this, i understand that it has been read that way by many though.

If the FT have really not at any time been against the bid, they really didn't make a good job of showing it. They made a statement on here some weeks ago (I would find it and point you to it if I had more time) where they suddenly seemed to change their attitude and suggest that they were likely to accept the bid. This seed change was identified by more than me.

i do recall this, (cant be bothered to find it either) i think they just realised the impresion they were giving and gave more thought to their wording.

they were promised this role very early on, before MM began his official efforts. the FT has stated that they haven't been able to speak to MM or advisors since the process oficially began, because of the takeover regulations. a lot of the critisised statements have been made since then.

on the point of influencing the opinions of other shareholders, they are likely to have less influence than a board member that quits because he won't reccomend the offer.

Mike - True Blue Tinter

The FT 'cynical' view may arise from the fact that whilst the present Board/Company structure is restrictive about change and large investment, changing it to 'One guy owns the whole lot and can just do as he pleases without taking any notice of anyone' is potentially very dangerous if you cannot get written assurances from him about his plans!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669