Trust & Mercury Fight Continues...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilverFox

I can't stand all the dragging of heels. This is ridiculous.

How long does it take to 'fine tune' something. Get on with it for the love of god.:icon_lol:

:mad:

Real Sharapova

I can't stand all the dragging of heels. This is ridiculous.

How long does it take to 'fine tune' something. Get on with it for the love of god.:icon_lol:

:mad:

I would assume the fine tuning is to give the highest possible chance of MM obtaining 90% approval - there's no point in submitting something early if it's going to be turned down.

Melton Fox

Dancing Queen
I would assume the fine tuning is to give the highest possible chance of MM obtaining 90% approval - there's no point in submitting something early if it's going to be turned down.
This is going mental. The FT have now came out and said that MM has submitted various bids but none have been accepted, so he has already submitted thing(s) that have been turned down.

Real Sharapova

This is going mental. The FT have now came out and said that MM has submitted various bids but none have been accepted, so he has already submitted thing(s) that have been turned down.

He has submitted bids to the board - reading between the lines the board are doing their best to ensure that the final bid they receive is approved by 90% of the shareholders. If a bid they receive is not in their opinion going to receive the necessary approval by the shareholders there really is no point in them recommending it, which is why there has been the delay. I would expect nothing else in these circumstances, and I for one am not surprised by the drawn out process. It's not like buying a house where you deal with one seller - there are about forty here.

Redditch Fox

He has submitted bids to the board - reading between the lines the board are doing their best to ensure that the final bid they receive is approved by 90% of the shareholders. If a bid they receive is not in their opinion going to receive the necessary approval by the shareholders there really is no point in them recommending it, which is why there has been the delay. I would expect nothing else in these circumstances, and I for one am not surprised by the drawn out process. It's not like buying a house where you deal with one seller - there are about forty here.

Yes - I'd agree with all that.

It's the inevitable consequence of the fragmented share ownership that followed Administration. No one to blame for that - lots of people including the FT rallied round at that time.

However, it will be a relief when all this is sorted and someone ,hopefully MM, can get down to running the club properly.

DesertFox

This is just down to semantics. How I understand it, MM has not yet made a BID for the club (ie: "here's some hard cash - now, where's my personal parking space?" kind of thing) - he has however submitted various proposal documents to the board outlining what he says he intends to do. When the board receive something they think will be accepted by 90% of shareholders, it will then be submitted to the shareholders as a BID.

I suppose it's a bit like telling the estate agent, yes, I'll give you X amount for this house. He doesn't then give you the keys and say "it's yours, enjoy" - you have to sign all the official documents and then he'll check that you're going to be good for the money and haven't changed or hidden anything before he hands you the keys.

I think :102:

Graz

Latest article from the Merc...

Somewhere along the line I've got confused about the attitudes towards our moneybags saviour and his takeover bid.

It's good news isn't it? It's what we've all prayed for over the turbulent years as we've watched people with money walk into other clubs and transform their circumstances while we had a brush with oblivion.

Whether we like it or not, we need to get a man in. This is not a time for DIY.

It's inevitable, I suppose that, with facts thin on the ground due to confidentiality rules, rumour and counter rumour has run rife.

Why would one man resign from the board who, we are told, seems to know an awful lot about this takeover business malarkey? Gulp. Why are the Foxes Trust not being more effusive when all the evidence is that, hallelujah we are now saved? Puzzling.

But these doubts are easily cast to the back of the mind in the light of thinking through what the alternative might be.

Going on as we are?

Well I won't be going on for much longer if we do. Being relegated? Some might not see that as a bad thing for those of us who like old school grounds and want to add to their tally of grounds visited while watching Leicester City. (Mine is currently 52).

My ambition, as I suspect it is for all of us and it should go without saying, is to see us compete at a level which means the Premiership is a reality, and not something to be pointedly ignored with each passing Match of the Day.

It is, perhaps, typical of Leicester City that the sight of a saviour on the horizon would result in fans falling out with each other.

We all want one thing - success and stability for our club. But give us enough time and motivation and we would fall out over which flavour of Walkers crisps is the best. Holding one view or another does not mean you secretly want the club to fail - that would just be absurd.

Anyway, I was buoyed after Saturday's trip to Colchester by the quotes from Milan Mandaric that he was not interested in keeping Leicester at this level.

Before you say 'I told you so, the old Division Three beckons', he added: "My aim is to go back to the Premiership, and nothing less than that. This club belongs nowhere but the Premiership. I want to elevate the club and bring it to the level the fans deserve."

And, even more tantalisingly, he said: "I have a very ambitious plan and will do everything humanly possible to fulfil my plans. I wouldn't want to get involved if I wasn't going to do a proper job."

We might be accused of just taking the first quote, and we may end up regretting it. But when there's no-one else willing to do the job,
it would be folly to hold out while the whole house falls down around you.

Is that last bit another dig at the FT?

It's just stupid. As it says in the article, everyone is ultimately on the same side and wants what is best for LCFC... so why do they keep taking cheap potshots at each other?

Macky

Gruntled Member
We all want one thing - success and stability for our club. But give us enough time and motivation and we would fall out over which flavour of Walkers crisps is the best. Holding one view or another does not mean you secretly want the club to fail - that would just be absurd.

He's obviously been reading foxestalk

Dour

Latest article from the Merc...

Is that last bit another dig at the FT?

Nah - just their unintentional admission that they are pretty shitty journalists.

Even the dig at the FT was pretty muted today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669