Trust & Mercury Fight Continues...

Status
Not open for further replies.
My feeling is that a lot of people think they are bigger than Leicester City Football Club and couldn't really care less about our position and where we are going. It is all about what they will get out of the deal.

I just feel that everyone is guilty of this. Milan, The shareholders, the Foxes Trust, probably even the players.

The current losers are us...the fans.

So fed up of this fight. It's just pathetic and childish. Makes me have even less respect for both the Mercury and the Trust.

And to think I got excited when I saw "The Mandaric" headline, thinking it might be some actual news. How stupid of me.

Last edited:
My feeling is that a lot of people think they are bigger than Leicester City Football Club and couldn't really care less about our position and where we are going. It is all about what they will get out of the deal.

I just feel that everyone is guilty of this. Milan, The shareholders, the Foxes Trust, probably even the players.

The current losers are us...the fans.

Agreed. However although the road to hell is paved with good intention there are some in amongst those you mention that do care if for differing reasons. ;)

Agreed. However although the road to hell is paved with good intention there are some in amongst those you mention that do care if for differing reasons. ;)

The decision is not a priority presently, particularly as we don't expect any immediate payment to shareholders.

this FT quote implies that shareholders will get nothing upfront, so it seems to me that for the bid to even be considered, that money isn't the major factor in the deal?

Q You also talk about retaining the Trust's shares. How many do you have and how will this be possible? What will be the benefit of retaining them?

A £151,000 of shares. The Trust movement across the country is loath to let go of shares in their individual clubs once obtained. Ideally, we would like to retain them all, some or even a token single share. As MM speaks of his affinity to fans, we feel he should allow a democratic City fans organisation to retain a shareholding as a symbol of his relationship with the fans.

We view this as an emotional, not financial, issue. The club could be handed over to a non-City fan for the first time. A symbolic retention of a shareholding with the Trust for the long term leaves a thread of City fan ownership, even if it is a minimal percentage.

Seems to be a big change in what the FT is saying here. Previously they have said that in talks with MM's reps, it has been said that a way will be found to enable them to keep their shares. Now it's talk of a "single token share", a "symbolic retention", "we would like to" and "we feel he should".

Perhaps it's not as clear-cut as they once believed. I wonder if it could be on account of their going into battle with the Mercury, who MM clearly sees as an ally.

Seems to be a big change in what the FT is saying here. Previously they have said that in talks with MM's reps, it has been said that a way will be found to enable them to keep their shares. Now it's talk of a "single token share", a "symbolic retention", "we would like to" and "we feel he should".

Perhaps it's not as clear-cut as they once believed. I wonder if it could be on account of their going into battle with the Mercury, who MM clearly sees as an ally.

interesting point, they did seem pretty confident before.

Understand your logic, but it isn't related, it's to do with the structure of the final bid as we now understand it in comparison to earlier versions.

its a bit early for the FT to be posting isnt it?? I thought midnight was the usual time :icon_wink :icon_lol:

Now now Cate!:biggrin:

Tbh i find this whole Mockery/FT thing to be quite embarrassing,and knowing plenty of fans from other clubs they think it makes us look like idiots how it's gone on....and on.....

Anyone would think it was a schoolground fight!

Understand your logic, but it isn't related, it's to do with the structure of the final bid as we now understand it in comparison to earlier versions.

Might be so, but I bet that MM won;t be too happy that you've slagging off his mate Bill. Perhaps you should have thought about it first!

Last edited:
I would like to know which of the shareholders are being talked about to stay on in an advisory role. I'd also like to know who the feckers think they can advise whom about what.

I'm sure MM will take very kindly to the current shareholders saying "Nah, you don't wanna do it like that, you wanna do it like this"

I would like to know which of the shareholders are being talked about to stay on in an advisory role. I'd also like to know who the feckers think they can advise whom about what.

I'm sure MM will take very kindly to the current shareholders saying "Nah, you don't wanna do it like that, you wanna do it like this"

it will just be a gesture, i imagine it will probably just be a number of supporters groups, i doubt any current shareholders will be involved.

Does this mean that the final bid is either submitted or you actually have it? You may not want to answer that if you have read my post in the other thread...:frown:

Does this mean that the final bid is either submitted or you actually have it? You may not want to answer that if you have read my post in the other thread...:frown:

Submitted, being fine tuned on Friday, we expect to receive a copy the middle of this week, unless more delays are experienced & there have been plenty of those in the last month.....

Submitted, being fine tuned on Friday, we expect to receive a copy the middle of this week, unless more delays are experienced & there have been plenty of those in the last month.....

Thanks for the info.

I assume that as you have a Board presence at meetings, youmay be aware of a very high percentage of the contents of said bid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669