Tunch

Status
Not open for further replies.
curtis davies and kyle naughton on loan says otherwise....

Kane I hope your wrong, but I also think his days as a player are over, two years out and still no real signs of a return. No player wants to admit his playing days are over but in Tunch's case he has to look at at this posibility square on. Easy for me to say, but it doesn't look good. I think he was a good acquistion, and could have been a great player for us, his injuries could have happened at any time, just bad luck for him and us they happened when they did. Whatever happens to him, I wish him all the best, not his fault, just one of those things.

He had just six months out though, maybe the thought behind just a month deal for Davies is to see how Tunch is soon?

my dads convinced Walsh was out for nearly 2 years with cruciate injury when he was mid 20s, I don't know for sure though

I love the way that people say with absolute certainty that he won't play again based on absolutely **** all personal knowledge of the situation.

Last edited:
Last edited:
my dads convinced Walsh was out for nearly 2 years with cruciate injury when he was mid 20s, I don't know for sure though

He did his cruciate at Middlesbrough early on in the 93/94 season and was out until the end of March. He then made one appearance from the bench but, after starting the next game, he broke down again and was himself subbed. He somehow managed to get himself fit again for the play-offs and was thrown in as a striker for the second (home) leg against Tranmere and again at Wembley when he got his all-important brace that got us into the prem for the first time.

He then appeared in the first two games of the prem season but suffered another relapse and only played another three games in November and that was his season over. He then came back at the start of 95/96 and played the greater part of the second promotion season.

So your dad is not too far off, although Steve was a little bit older than he reckoned at the time - 29 when he got the injury.

i hope im wrong but after 2 years out you will never be the player you where, look at michael owen ,i know he wasnt out for 2 years but all in all he was out for about that time

Ask him on twitter. For City, it was no longer than six months and he came back for the playoffs.

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co....dreamland/article-1055783-detail/article.html

Here we are. Half of season out, came back and then half of a season again.

At least a couple of differences there between Walshie's memory and the events as recorded by Messrs Smith and Taylor.

In the 22½ months after his injury at Middlesbrough, Walshie only played 7 full and 2 part games. That is, as near as damn it is to swearing, two years out of the game.

i hope im wrong but after 2 years out you will never be the player you where, look at michael owen ,i know he wasnt out for 2 years but all in all he was out for about that time

Didn't stop City making a serious enquiry about Owen a couple of weeks though, did it?

Really?

I was waiting for Owen to be linked.... it was one, crazy idea that I could actually see happening. But no?

Yes, really. I think it was mentioned somewhere on here; as was Roque Santa Cruz, which was also true.

Makes me believe that there is something in the story of an enquiry re Beckham, though I have my doubts whether it will, or should, ever lead to anything. The installation of Eriksson in the manager's chair has certainly made a huge difference in the kinds of names that might be interested in coming here.

Sad to not to hear any positive news coming our way on this story. Tunch was a great player for us. Okay he played most of his games in Div 1 but he really showed his class consistantly.

I'm starting to believe the sentiment shown by some, I'd love to see him back though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566