Tunch

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least a couple of differences there between Walshie's memory and the events as recorded by Messrs Smith and Taylor.

In the 22½ months after his injury at Middlesbrough, Walshie only played 7 full and 2 part games. That is, as near as damn it is to swearing, two years out of the game.

To be perfectly honest I wasn't aware of his injury problems post Derby game.

He did his cruciate at Middlesbrough early on in the 93/94 season and was out until the end of March. He then made one appearance from the bench but, after starting the next game, he broke down again and was himself subbed. He somehow managed to get himself fit again for the play-offs and was thrown in as a striker for the second (home) leg against Tranmere and again at Wembley when he got his all-important brace that got us into the prem for the first time.

He then appeared in the first two games of the prem season but suffered another relapse and only played another three games in November and that was his season over. He then came back at the start of 95/96 and played the greater part of the second promotion season.

So your dad is not too far off, although Steve was a little bit older than he reckoned at the time - 29 when he got the injury.
cheers Bob, though I don't normally like it when he's right!

He did his cruciate at Middlesbrough early on in the 93/94 season and was out until the end of March. He then made one appearance from the bench but, after starting the next game, he broke down again and was himself subbed. He somehow managed to get himself fit again for the play-offs and was thrown in as a striker for the second (home) leg against Tranmere and again at Wembley when he got his all-important brace that got us into the prem for the first time.

He then appeared in the first two games of the prem season but suffered another relapse and only played another three games in November and that was his season over. He then came back at the start of 95/96 and played the greater part of the second promotion season.

So your dad is not too far off, although Steve was a little bit older than he reckoned at the time - 29 when he got the injury.

I was there that night. He went down o. His own with nobody near him and you just knew it was serious.

Who, Hazz? If so, that's unfortunate :icon_lol:

No - his father. And for the sake of absolute clarity, that's his own father and not Hazz's.

Should be back in training this week :038::038:

A good few weeks away from being available though.

It's just said on the 15:00 news on Radio Leicester that Tunchev trained with the first team today. :)

It's just said on the 15:00 news on Radio Leicester that Tunchev trained with the first team today. :)

Wait for the 15:30 news, when it will say he's broken down again.....

I presume it was a light session! In all seriousness, a fit Tunchev would be a massive boost to all. Davies would become an distant memory.

0,,10274%7E9153378,00.jpg

He lives!

Sven reckons he could be playing by Christmas.

http://www.teamtalk.com/leicester-city/6514014/Sven-hoping-for-Tunchev-present

Sven hoping for Tunchev present

Leicester boss Sven-Goran Eriksson believes long-term injury absentee Aleksandar Tunchev could be back by Christmas.

The Bulgarian defender has endured almost two years of injury problems since tearing a cruciate knee ligament at Crystal Palace in an FA Cup game in January 2009.

He has made a couple of attempted comebacks only to suffer further problems. However, the 29-year-old is making encouraging progress and has recently stepped up his training.

"He is in full training but can't train every day because the knee gets swollen," Eriksson told the Leicester Mercury. "I feel sorry for him but he must be mentally very strong with all the injuries.

"He is a good boy, quiet and works hard both on the pitch and in the gym. I hope we can see him back soon and I hope for the club and the fans he can play games for us. I hope he can play a game by Christmas.

"I like him as a player. You can see, even if he is far away from match fitness, he is a very good footballer. He knows exactly what position to take up, he is calm, good on the ball."

Last edited:
Bloody Palace. I was at that game, we were shite, lost our best player, lost the game, it were 100% Dion Dublin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669