Speculation Tunchev Gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mills could still have a part to play for us I say, he always gets critised for the red cards but Danns has had the same (maybe one more) but that rarely gets mentioned. Has anyone got any stats to see if we are actually better or worse with Mills in the team, ie points per game, goals conceeded per game as I really can't imagine there being that much in it as we've been distinctly average all season long really.

Just seems that it is a case of personal opinion keeping him out of the team as opposed to professional when it should only be the latter that is taken into consideration. Also seems to be the scapegoat for the season and there is no way that is just Matt Mills that has resulted in us finishing where we did.

Mills could still have a part to play for us I say, he always gets critised for the red cards but Danns has had the same (maybe one more) but that rarely gets mentioned. Has anyone got any stats to see if we are actually better or worse with Mills in the team, ie points per game, goals conceeded per game as I really can't imagine there being that much in it as we've been distinctly average all season long really.

The stats have been posted literally 8 million times.

From memory, we concede less and win more points with Mills in the team. And that's despite his red cards.

Just seems that it is a case of personal opinion keeping him out of the team as opposed to professional when it should only be the latter that is taken into consideration. Also seems to be the scapegoat for the season and there is no way that is just Matt Mills that has resulted in us finishing where we did.

You think Beckford is on his way based on the end of season awards, yet think Mills will stick around. Wow.

Just seems that it is a case of personal opinion keeping him out of the team as opposed to professional when it should only be the latter that is taken into consideration.

Very much so. But from what we have seen from Pearson and his 'fallouts' with players, it appears that if both subjects remain stubborn then there is no chance of them playing again. I can only guess that Mills has, for whatever reason, not reconciled with NP and therefore will not play for us again.

He's clearly not lacking ability to such a level that he can not make the bench.

The stats have been posted literally 8 million times.

From memory, we concede less and win more points with Mills in the team. And that's despite his red cards.

Fair enough, I don't read all the posts on here and can't recall seeing any but I'll take you word for it, especially as it backs up my argument! :icon_lol:

Very much so. But from what we have seen from Pearson and his 'fallouts' with players, it appears that if both subjects remain stubborn then there is no chance of them playing again. I can only guess that Mills has, for whatever reason, not reconciled with NP and therefore will not play for us again.

He's clearly not lacking ability to such a level that he can not make the bench.

I really want us to keep Pearson as I think he will get us in the right direction overall but I do see this as a massive downside to his management. He's done it before and it has cost us in my opinion but with regards to SSL, I believe it was more of a case that he had to play him due to us having no one else at the time and he turned out to show that he is a very able player at this level and potentially higher.

I'd like to see Mills given another chance but I really don't see it happening.

You think Beckford is on his way based on the end of season awards, yet think Mills will stick around. Wow.

Haha you really do show yourself to be more and more of a tosser with pretty much every post you make.

Beckford will be on his way based on numerous things, that being another one and I never said that Mills would stick around, I said he could still have a part to play for us.

Least this makes it a hatrick on the ignore list now.

EDIT - What a load of shit - can't put a mod on the ignore list!?!?! Sort it out Jeff!!

Last edited:
Haha you really do show yourself to be more and more of a tosser with pretty much every post you make.

Beckford will be on his way based on numerous things, that being another one and I never said that Mills would stick around, I said he could still have a part to play for us.

Least this makes it a hatrick on the ignore list now.

EDIT - What a load of shit - can't put a mod on the ignore list!?!?! Sort it out Jeff!!

What other things, other than baseless nonsense, is there to suggest Beckford will be leaving?

Has anyone got any stats to see if we are actually better or worse with Mills in the team, ie points per game, goals conceeded per game as I really can't imagine there being that much in it as we've been distinctly average all season long really.

With Mills in the team: W13 D10 L7

Without Mills: W9 D4 L10

This includes cup matches.

Worked out as points per game with/without him (giving points for the cup matches), we get:

With Mills: 49 points, 1.63 points per game.
Without Mills: 31 points, 1.35 points per game.

At 1.63 points per game for the whole league season, we'd have 75 points and would probably have qualified for the play-offs.

What happened to tolerance? As soon as somebody says something that does not correspond, one hundred per cent, with another poster's beliefs, they become sub-human.

If I were to take such a view of the people who disagree with my views, I would either have an inferiority complex, or be convinced that I should be supreme leader of the World....... humm, perhaps I should at that! Today TalkingBalls; tomorrow, the universe!!

Not aimed at you, Jeff: written after reading a few messages earlier, but I did not want to make a direct link, as it was a general point!

Last edited:
I really want us to keep Pearson as I think he will get us in the right direction overall but I do see this as a massive downside to his management. He's done it before and it has cost us in my opinion but with regards to SSL, I believe it was more of a case that he had to play him due to us having no one else at the time and he turned out to show that he is a very able player at this level and potentially higher.

I'd like to see Mills given another chance but I really don't see it happening.

I'd also like to see Mills given another chance, but I doubt it will happen.

Tbh, I couldn't care less who Nigel decides will never play for us again as long as the results improve. I genuinely believe that given a summer of shipping out all of those who don't want to be here or don't fit in with the regime, and getting in players who get on well with NP and want to do well, we will have a much stronger team and league performance next year.

What happened to tolerance? As soon as somebody says something that does not correspond, one hundred per cent, with another poster's beliefs, they become sub-human.

If I were to take such a view of the people who disagree with my views, I would either have an inferiority complex, or be convinced that I should be supreme leader of the World....... humm, perhaps I should at that! Today TalkingBalls; tomorrow, the universe!!

There's far too many touchy people who can't take any sort of criticism or challenge. And this includes claims of people being 'argumentative' for disagreeing.

It's a forum ffs.

Tbh, I couldn't care less who Nigel decides will never play for us again as long as the results improve. I genuinely believe that given a summer of shipping out all of those who don't want to be here or don't fit in with the regime, and getting in players who get on well with NP and want to do well, we will have a much stronger team and league performance next year.

I think Mills' problem possibly stems from a lack of application and attitude rather than skill or a fallout. I have nothing to base this on though.

I think Mills' problem possibly stems from a lack of application and attitude rather than skill or a fallout. I have nothing to base this on though.

We're all guessing, but I just can't imagine that he would sulk like that for 6 months.

I guess we've decided he's either stubborn or a brat. :icon_lol:

With Mills in the team: W13 D10 L7

Without Mills: W9 D4 L10

This includes cup matches.

Worked out as points per game with/without him (giving points for the cup matches), we get:

With Mills: 49 points, 1.63 points per game.
Without Mills: 31 points, 1.35 points per game.

At 1.63 points per game for the whole league season, we'd have 75 points and would probably have qualified for the play-offs.

Thanks Jeff, still think we need James Chester now then? :icon_lol:

I agree fully and I couldn't really care less who or how we go up, I'd be happy.

I'm just fed up with us wasting money on players, not getting the most from them, selling at a loss only for them to come back to the KP and score the fookin winner against us - OK maybe not always scoring but we do seem to have a history of getting rid of players who go on to prove themselves to be more than worthwhile in this league and higher which is exactly what will happen with Mills & Beckford.

However, if in the end we go up next season and a similar scenario to what I have suggested above pans out, it wouldn't really matter but it has been quite sometime since things have gone for us.

OK if anyone (apart from Matt B of course) was offended by a previous post of mine then I do appologise but I stand by the fact I think Matt B is a bit of a tosser, well comes across as one on here and I would be greatful to Jeff if he could make an exception to the rules in this instance.

OK if anyone (apart from Matt B of course) was offended by a previous post of mine then I do appologise but I stand by the fact I think Matt B is a bit of a tosser, well comes across as one on here and I would be greatful to Jeff if he could make an exception to the rules in this instance.

I think (/know) half the people on this site are tossers, but the moment you have to sink as low as actually posting abuse towards someone you become the biggest tosser.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669