Tunchev signs deal (and goes Palace on loan)

Status
Not open for further replies.
City defender Aleksandar Tunchev has today agreed terms on a new one-year contract with the Foxes.

The Bulgarian defender, 30, will subsequently join Championship side Crystal Palace on a one-month loan, subject to Football League approval.

Tunchev extends his three-year stay with City following a successful summer at King Power Stadium, during which he has featured regularly in the Club's pre-season programme.

His first three seasons with the Club were severely interrupted by injury but, after returning to fitness towards the end of last term and impressing during pre-season, the Bulgarian will have the chance to turn his fortunes around on Filbert Way.

The loan spell with Crystal Palace, which runs up to September 1, should allow the former CSKA Sofia centre-back the chance to build his match fitness before challenging for a place in Eriksson's starting eleven.

Crystal Palace begin the npower Championship season at newly-promoted Peterborough United on Saturday.

I like the Tunch, old fashioned defender, no frills but absolutley solid in defence. Reads the game well which makes up for his lack of pace. I wonder how many caps he would have got if not for his injuries.

I like the Tunch, old fashioned defender, no frills but absolutley solid in defence. Reads the game well which makes up for his lack of pace. I wonder how many caps he would have got if not for his injuries.

I completely disagree with your assessment of him. I wouldn't call him an "old fashioned defender" at all. I think he is probably the best ball-playing defender I've ever seen for us (albeit in League One).

I completely disagree with your assessment of him. I wouldn't call him an "old fashioned defender" at all. I think he is probably the best ball-playing defender I've ever seen for us (albeit in League One).

Are you in the mood to argue again? :icon_lol:

No. Not specifically, but I'm always in the moods to be pinicky. :icon_bigg

Good move for everybody I feel, it reduces the amount of defenders and he will also get playing time which he wouldn't here which might get him back to the player he was.

fantastic Idea by Sven, will give him a chance to check tunch out in a proper competetive game situation. Couldnt be better really.

Impressed that we've got him out to a Championship side really, Ideal tester for him.

I love the Tunch..hope he doesnt pick up an injury!
One thing that worries me is how aggressive he is. When i used to see him play he pulled attackers around..pulled their shirts and all sorts..but he seemed to get away with it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669