Tunchev's leg

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't rest centre halves, MON never did when he managed Leicester. If you have a very big squad you might be able to rest a striker and a few midfielders but as a rule i never remeber defenders getting rested that much.

NP made no mistake. He could have rested Tunch and then Hobbs could have broke his leg and Morrison walked in front of a bendy bus!!! It's all if and pointless.

The only argument i would accept for resting people last night would have been Fryatt for obvious reasons, Howard cause he must be knackered and King cause he aint missed a single game. But lets not dwell.

Sorry but what has whether MON rested centre halves or not got to do with it?

The point is that we have certain players who are key to us getting promotion and Tunchev is or rather was one of them. The smart thing to do would have been to rest all key players for a game of very limited importance to LCFC - he didn't and now we will pay for it.

You are screwed if your cruciate goes and can't walk or even get up.
Poppycock.

I have torn and snapped my cruciate ligament on a number of occasions, resulting in a total of three years off work and 6 months in a knee brace.

Sorry but what has whether MON rested centre halves or not got to do with it?

The point is that we have certain players who are key to us getting promotion and Tunchev is or rather was one of them. The smart thing to do would have been to rest all key players for a game of very limited importance to LCFC - he didn't and now we will pay for it.

Hindsight's a wonderful thing, but you also appear to have 20/20 foresight as well. We are not a one man team, and if we were we would not be top of the league. Morrison is a more than useful replacement. It's not the end of the world as we know it, honest.

Hindsight's a wonderful thing, but you also appear to have 20/20 foresight as well. We are not a one man team, and if we were we would not be top of the league. Morrison is a more than useful replacement. It's not the end of the world as we know it, honest.

I agree. We should be ok - but it is not at all helpful to our ambitions.

You are also right about my foresight to...but it is not 20/20 by any means tho' I did see the situation arising re. loss of key players through involvement in luxury cup fixtures which we didn't need at this stage of our development. I also said so.

However, you don't have to be too bright to read these situations just like you didn't have to be a mystic to recognise that Holloway was likely to lead us to disaster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669